Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My portfolio, for the most part, does not distinguish between the stock option and the underlying stock

Portfolios look great at this time using "Microsoft Edge." This is a reply to my subject, which I reported earlier.

686th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preserve the most recent Portfolio SORT setting

I've got a lot of large portfolios defined and like to sort them and then systematically analyze each stock in the list from top to bottom. Because the Web Browser based app does not preserve the most recent SORT setting, I have to resort every time and then scroll down to find the next stock in the list. This is a huge time waster. Preserving the most recent Portfolio SORT setting would solve this problem.

APPLIES TO: Web Browser application
    DOES NOT APPLY TO: iPad application, iPhone application

686th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include Dividend info for ETF like you do for stocks in the portfolio

Include Dividend info for ETF like you do for stocks in the portfolio

686th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 686th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Complement

Not an idea. Just wanted to congratulate you. Today was the first day in my long relationship with Yahoo Finance that my portfolios were perfect. It's been a long haul, but you've made it. Tee hee.
    I don't understand the reason for another sign in as I already am signed in.

686th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Portfolio Button Gone?

On the Yahoo Finance app latest update I can't find the portfolio view button that used to be in the bottom right hand corner of each list. It's the selection that shows all the key stats of my portfolio just like the main website. Its key for me when I'm on the road. It shows total gain loss. # of shares cost per share etc. If you took it away please bring it back.

686th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. palm oil futures

Can you please add "USD Malaysian Crude Palm Oil Calendar Futures" from CBOT to the Yahoo Finance Commodities futures list?

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Helps if feedback from finance works! Looking for a table that shows total values of stocks and funds and cash. Had it long ago.

Looking for a table that shows total values of stocks and funds and cash. Had it long ago.

186th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to see the editing functions in the Portfolio tracker be made more flexible for recording odd lot sales

A year ago I purchased several different lots of a security on different dates and I have since sold some of my position but in different quantities than purchased. The app does not let me buy 100 and sell 50

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dear Yahoo...

Dear Yahoo... My suggestion, what it worth is...you should first establish your credibility for the mess up created by account hacking and ensuing class action lawsuits...

You are requesting to provide payment information for the trial version of premium portifolio (for trials)....
    Not a good idea to give out our personal payment information on trial versions.

Thank you

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can we have more company statistics available to construct portfolio?

I would like to have all the company data in the company statistics page available to construct a portfolio. For example, profit margin, operation margin, cash per share, debt, debt per share, revenue per share, current ratio, etc. are not available to choose. It is important for me to see cash per share with EPS, to determine if company has enough cash to cover dividend. It is also important to see if the company is profitable, as compared to others.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Luxembourg (.LX) and Cayman Islands (.**) exchanges to your database

I have several funds in my portfolio being offered by AIA. Many are traded on the Luxembourg and Cayman Island exchanges. Can you please add these to your data base? Or ask ICE Data Services to add them? Thank you.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please disable the Yahoo Finance Portfolio top menu minimize/expand movement!

The Yahoo Finance Portfolio top menu is moving, minimize or expand, when when the user drag up or down in the web page. This type of feature is REALLY ANNOYING and I do not understand why it's there because it brings no value. Please freeze the top menu or permit the user to minimize or expand by itself, or find an other way to display the top menu. Any movement in a web page is an annoying source of distraction and drive the users to go elsewhere in a other web site. This type of Web design is off 5-Years…

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Downloading portfolio data with mobile phone, still not possible?

It would be great if portfolio data can be downloaded in a csv file or excel file from a mobile phone. Today this seems not be possible. I use this feature on my iMac every day but when I am outside it would be handy if we can download this information with our mobile phone. Thanks, and hopefully yahoo will make this possible.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be helpful to be able to view the top 25 holding of mutual funds rather than only the top 10

Seeing the top 25 holdings of mutual funds is far better than only seeing the top ten. For many funds the top 10 holdings represent a very small percentage of the total holdings, more disclosure in this case enables a more informed investor

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Editing the view of the stock portfolio list with more valuation data.

When one is editing the view of his stock portfolio list. Is it possible to allow the addition data: such as Altman Z score.and Rorac? You do have that data on stock screener

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AOL Portfolio now in Yahoo Finance

How can I get my historical data that came over from AOL? I need this information.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reorder Protfolio - Alphabetically

Please add an option for alphabetically reorder the protflios,
    the only current option is for reorder is to manually reorder the stokes one-by-one, and it is unreasonable.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi, Please make Yahoo Finance Premium accessible for users outside the US. Yahoo Finance is a great tool. Far ahead of alternative products.

Hi,
    Please make Yahoo Finance Premium accessible for users outside the US.
    Yahoo Finance is a great tool. Far
    ahead of alternative products. Would love to use it...

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. freeze stock value

I would like the ability to freeze the value of a stock in my portfolio, in case if i sell a stock yet want it listed so it will continue in calculations of the portfolio value. If I don't delete the stock when i sell it, the percent increase/decrease in value is not correct. If i delete it the portfolio percent gain/loss is incorrect.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base