Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

24th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Re new charts: color/size schemes are backwards. Price bars should have the weight & bright colors of the volume bars and vice versa.

The price bars are much too narrow and too dull. There is too little contrast to the mildly shaded background which is equally dull as the bars themselves. Hence no contrast either in color or in width which are about the same width as the vertical and horizontal background lines. As a college art instructor, I can tell you that the narrow tertiary color of the bars is unreadable against a tertiary and secondary tinted backdrop. But the volume bars are bold enough to easily see because of its width and use of primary colors. (Since Green is being seen…

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. COntent is the king

Provide more content to finance site than losing it competition. Yahoo was the pioneer of the online financial data. With new management you should improve with more market data and stock related content and take it back to old glory. With Google finance is gone, Yahoo can re position itself as a leader in this segment. My two cents.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do the people at YAHOO FINANCE stay up nights wondering how to make the experience even worse?

1) Quotes are difficult or impossible to get using the search feature. For example I typed in "MCD" and it wants to give me details on "M" or "MC"

2) Difficult to make changes to the portfolio, too many steps involved (ie: leave whatever screen you are in, go to "my holdings", click "add symbol", click "expand/collapse all" …..

3) Too many fake or distracting ads

4) It would be nice to be able to print out a chart

5) The "export" feature is glitchy at best

6) How can I turn off the "TRADE" feature? I DO NOT WANT…

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review.

6. 77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. WHERE are my watchlists? I WILL SOON be DONE with Yahoo FOREVER!!

What happened to my watchlists, which took a long time to construct?
    IF they do NOT return immediately, I WILL BE DONE WITH YAHOO FOREVER!!!

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ticker Search Field

Recently, whenever I first type in a symbol into the ticker search field and hit "enter", it seems to always pull up the wrong company. I need to again type the symbol slowly to make sure the site finds the symbol before I hit enter. It seems the site is too slow to "lookup" the symbol in the suggested tickers that show below the search field, so even though I type the full, correct symbol that I want to view, the "suggested search" options that show haven't caught up to my typing. It's just a big annoyance that is somewhat…

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Paul,

Thank you for reaching out about this inquiry. We would like to gather some additional details so we can further investigate. In your next post, please provide the browser, device, and URL where this happens.

We appreciate your help!

Regards,
    Lyndsay

9. Split or filter the lawsuit announcements out from the regular press releases.

Split or filter the lawsuit announcements out from the regular press releases. The ambulance chasers make it difficult to see/use the real press releases since they are flooding the feed.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Conversations" for individual stocks should be listed chronologically as submitted.

Under "Conversations" for individual stocks, I would suggest changing the "default" order from "Top Reactions" to "NEWEST reactions." I do believe most readers would appreciate Chronological Order.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Freeze header rows in portfolio

Cannot find anything on how to freeze the header row when scrolling in Portfolio. With long lists over several pages and numerous columns it would be very useful to retain view of header row at all times. Any backers?

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save custom view as default

I would like to save a "custom view" as my default view in Yahoo Finance. I found an earlier post about this marked as "completed" but I cannot find this in your help file. Please add this feature.

Also, in the same idea, when I type in a stock symbol, i would like to be able to set the small chart that comes up to the 5yr view vs daily that seems to be default. Please add this.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Suggestions

The feedback feature is a great idea, however, it is very hard to find even after using it several time. Finally found "Suggestions" in very small font. Don't you want feedback?

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lost portfolio sort order

I have spent hours setting the order of stocks in my portfolio. Then I was adding a new sock and the entire portfolio became alphabetized. How can I recover the order I set? I hate the drag and drop and would suggest that you use a number as the sort key.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Order for Historical Data download

Would like to see the Historical Data download in order the way it displays on the screen - current date on top

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. VIEW MULTIPLE CHARTS AT ONCE

Bring Back the multiple chart feature where you can view multiple stocks at once, e.g., 5 day, 1month, 1 yr. with the technical indicators etc. Typing one stock at a time is a HUGE WASTE of time. You went from a computer to counting on fingers. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!! We are back in the dark ages.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to see the earnings table listed alphbetically, it's not easy to find a stock your looking for on your earnings pages.

alphabetize the earnings daily instead of random, make it easy to find the stock your looking for, not difficult.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Finance: Public company home page link in accessible location on stock quote page

I would like to suggest that the home page for each company be located in an easily accessible location, such as right underneath the daily chart. Sometimes I cannot even find it lately and other times it is there, but you have to scroll down a long ways to find it on the right hand side of the page. It would be helpful for me.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Performance information

Percentage performance for individual holdings and portfolio holdings, YTD, 1 year, 3 year, 5 year, 10 year

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base