Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Milton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If something works and people are satisfied with it, don't change because you think you know better or change for change sake. Many companies have gone belly up because it gets a smart-*** in charge and she/he doesn't listen.

• evanvieira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Post the actual date of the news instead of "2 months ago" or " 11 days ago" so you can easily find the news on that day when looking at a gap or volume event on the charts, company news is worthless.....this is total B.S this new yahoo finance, obviously the designers don't use this !!! Yahoo sucks

• Jim M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the classic display for the stock watchlists! Please preserve that option. I especially do NOT like the way NEWS is listed in the new format - it's very hard to read!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hong Kong(?) is apparently still using the old responsive format at: 'hk.finance.yahoo.com' . It may work to get "real time" discernible numbers, charts, and news when you do a stock look-up. Now if someone can figure out a good way to translate the rest of the page.....please post.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE allow the option of working in the old format.

Yahoo these days is obviously unablel to run a usable finance site. The ADJUSTED PRICE column in historical data is STILL screwed up, like it has been since the first rollout of this chunk of dung site. The last holdout of the old, CORRECT historical data -- the Singapore site -- has gone the way of the rest of the offal here.

If you can't fix it, and it should be obvious by now that the planning & programming for the site is simply incompetent, give users the option of reverting to the old site.

• Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like everyone else, I agree you should have left the old format; it worked well, why change?

What are you trying to do? The new look doesn't drive more users to your site, it drives them away.

Once again you "fixed" something that needed no fixing. The previous view was vastly better than this "new" and "improved" view. Please return to the previous view ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rich in NJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why you don't listen. Both performance and navigation are atrocious with the new design. News under a specific symbol is a hodge-podge of stories, some relevant, some not. The old ability to just have a list of all old news with drill-down capability is gone. This design is the worst I have ever seen. You have only one feature I still like, the ability to download a portfolio in MS Excel format. If it were not for that, I would abandon Yahoo/My.Yahoo for MSN or any number of other sites as quickly as possible. Whomever designed this new look failed miserably.

Please bring back the old (classic portfolio views). You have made the portfolio views unusable. They combine lots, download only summaries, etc. Think like a doctor - do no harm!

Bring back the old views and keep them there. The new stuff is worse than useless!

Yahoo really screwed up Finance. I used to use it but since data such as bid/ask and ex dividend date are not available on the summary, the additional time to load, data in statistics is not up to date, all the ads especially the video BS, the amount of white that requires so much scrolling, the fact that you cannot click on news and get the story (for the few articles I am interested) and other changes, I AM NOW USING WIKINVEST.

I hate this new view. It is awkward to use and difficult to read. Who ever dreamed this up is most certainly not financially oriented. We need stats and tables, not pretty pictures. At least give us the option of the old, friendly, sensible view versus this garbage. Thank you.

Bring back the old view. It was easier to read and understand your standing. Don't forget, the people who do their portfolio on this site are not experts. Don't like the view.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix the adjusted close column under Historical Distributions. There are NO adjustments for any security, anywhere, any date; it's completely non-functional, completely useless.

• Stan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LOVE TO SEE THE YAHOO FINANCE SECTION IN THE STOCK CHARTS...SAY IF SAY YOU BOUGHT A "THE XYZ COMPANY, INC" AT $X AMOUNT INVESTED AND YOU HAVE ALL THE DIVIDENDS REINVESTED( IF THE COMPANY DOES PAY OUT ) AND BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME IN COMPARING IT WITH OTHER STOCKS LIKEWISE WITHIN A CHOSEN SPECIFIC TIME FRAME AND SEE WHAT YOUR GROWTH IS ACTUALLY...

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base