How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

Put competitor information back in!

Put competitor information back in! Every time I visit this site it becomes less useful. I used Yahoo Finance exclusively for years and recommended it to fellow investors, because of features unique to your site. One by one you eliminate features and are focused more on advertising as evidenced by your log-in screen which is one big add. Now I use other sites more and may stop using Yahoo Finance entirely. You are making yourselves obsolete.

2nd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • miskeenmiskeen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have never seen such universal disdain for a change any company has made. And I thought people hate the airlines but this is wayyyy worse. Literally nobody has one good thing to say about the changes to yahoo finance yet they force us to use it. I scrapped yahoo for a combination of some other sites. It's not as good but it's adequate. I refuse to use yahoo jut out of principal for being soooooo monumentally stubborn. Clearly the opinion of their users means nothing to them. I could see if it was split but the feedback is literally 99% negative. Change it back you morons

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new yahoo finance should be retitled; Advertisements!! Ya-effing-hoo! Sponsored by Bigger Bonus for Blundering Blonde Bandits!

• DianaHDianaH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New website disastrous.

I fled to Canadian YF until it too stricken.

Then went to YahFinAustralia -
        Every day a G'Day, until yesterday.

Today, Down Under's gone under.

Agree w others here -
        Stunned YahF totally deaf, dumb, blind to user.

Good news- YFin non-response sent very clear message - we complainers are no longer your market.

I get it now.

Why did u bother w feedback?

Requesting feedback then ignoring it - is so demeaning. Such an insult.

Cynical and stealing time from clientele.

Makes me feel like ******/ fool for wasting my time as I am now.

Forget ruski hackers -

Y'all masterfully designed, constructed your own demise.

Shame's in your lack of honesty w longtime, loyal users.

Thank you for decade+ free, succint service - Best Go-To-Stock Checker

RIP YahooFinance

Adieu

In an effort to improve you have regressed by eliminating the data that Investor's use. The new format may be great for Traders, but not for us who invest for the long haul. Eliminating Competitor Data, reworking the News Section, and your new Chart section has made you similar to every other Financial site out there. Nothing now is unique about Yahoo Finance, except its sameness. I have been force3d to almost eliminate you as my primary source for cogent information.

Not all users of Yahoo Finance are Traders. Many of us are Investors who buy Stocks for the long term. The old Competitor Data was invaluable to quickly see how a given Company performs in relation to its peers. The News Section concentrated only on a Company being researched. Often, this has lead me to invest in a Company that was not on my radar, not the one I originally wanted data on. Yahoo is not alone in giving more weight to the metrics Traders are looking for. I understand that the Brokerage Houses make more money from their frequent trader clients, and most of their data streams have moved this way also, Yahoo Finance was in the unique position of providing Competitor data in a quickly accessed format giving you one valuable tool your competition doesn't. I for one understand that Yahoo needs adds to survive, but you need page views. Yahoo Finance once stood out by offering a clean, specific News Feed. The new format has become the same as most other sites in this area also. My reasons for using your page are no longer my first choice.

• madisonmadison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please PLEASE return yahoo finance to the old version, where everything could be seen quickly and easily. This new system is horrible and requires constant scrolling and clicking just to find basic data and news, which makes it useless when trading. Yahoo had a great product that was second to none - so I don't understand why you would destroy it like this. ... I used the Canadian site for several months after you wrecked the U.S. one - but you've since destroyed the Canadian site too.
        Please - PLEASE - restore it to the old version.

• Alex JanssenAlex Janssen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to use the list of competitors to compare stock value. Just put the old pages back. I see no extra value in the new pages. I see lost value.

• jecjecjecjec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the old "Board". The current conversations is terrible as indicated by so few people even using it. The number of ads is causing countless Hangs and "please be patient, our engineers etc etc.

I understand you need ads but when they block half the page they just aren't efective they are just a pain in the butt the best ones are off to the side
        as bad the site is now it is still the best one I can find but it was a
        lot better a year ago

• HornblowerHornblower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new format is not useful at all on a PC. Hard to find anything and it is spread out all over the place. Are any of the "old guys" still around to straighten this out?

The old site was much better. Need that competitors information. The AU Yahoo finance site is still very clean and useful. Please change the US site back.

• JonnyJonny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Yahoo, I send the above original comment about your failing Finance cite; seeing the comments below and having continued to visit the site but having a horridly terrible time dealing with the biased editorials [have written them off = do not bother wasting time reading the nonsense]; gone sideways with your data support for stocks etc.; you are dying a death by a thousand cuts; sad, you were the best of them all -- what happened? clearly you have NOT heard a word well over 100 have written to you about...sorry for your patch to oblivion...hope the new owner will be smart and revive the best you once had

• gerdgerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredible how companies pay big bucks to some stupid programmers who - as it's obvious - never use the site themselves.
        Yahoo Finance has become **** - plain and simple.
        But I get the impression that this has been done on purpose.

Lost the Analysis comparative estimates of industry, sector and SP500 earnings and earnings growth next to the individual stock estimates. Was informed by message from Yahoo it would be re-added. That was many months ago. When will it be done? Many other things that the old site offered are missing or not as good. How about offering us the option to use previous version?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base