How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

Make It Possible To Submit Quality News Sources

The biggest problem I see with YF is news sources. Most of them are click bait and written by robots. Why can't users submit news sources. There are several out there that are providing real news, but don't show up in the feeds! If there is a process for this, it should be easier to find. Nonetheless, if there is, please advise on how the process works and I could make some suggestions of my own!

120th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JoshuaJoshua shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kay CourseyKay Coursey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Capital Cube" useless to me. Keep the main newswires. "Zacks" adds some context beyond press releases maybe about 20% of the time. For technology add EETimes or DigiTimes as sources? TechCrunch generally helpful. The Motley Fool went from useful content to a lot of self-promotion for about a year and is now back to more content and analysis.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Bring back legitimate news and brew opinion instead of the same pr that is being rewritten by robots

• kennykenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why doesn't YF simply publish real articles first instead of dissected pieces of recycled press releases? A simple company press release becomes 10 other pieces of garbage. I am on the verge of leaving YF for other sites that offer real news and opinion in real time as well.

• JoshuaJoshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The truth is that most of the data coming from your news sources is either data we can get in the charts or press releases.... real news in real time. Now that would be amazing!

• JoshuaJoshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for responding! I understand that we can submit corrections, and that's great. However, we are often looking for real time news. A lot of your sources center around paid press releases, but the stock news is not up to par. This is largely because of the fact that there are tons of great news sources that you do not include. The problem isn't necessarily that corrections need to be made. The problem is that there's not enough real time news. Sure, we can see the data in the charts, but the why is a largely unanswered question, especially with small cap stocks on Yahoo! Finance. Giving users the ability to suggest quality news sources and have those sources reviewed for inclusion could largely increase the value of your service for tons of investors!

Feedback and Knowledge Base