How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

I download daily stock data from Yahoo finance. The day's volume on 23 of the stocks in my list is about 100 times what it should be.

The daily volume on 23 of the stocks in my list is about 100 times what it should be. AAPL was wrong for 2 days but correct today. AMAT was wrong yesterday and today. Other stocks with incorrect volume today are AKAM AMGN AMZN AVGO CMCSA CME CSX CTXS EBAY FAST FB GILD INTC ISRG MDLZ MNST MSFT NTAP NVDA PAYX QCOM QRVO..This is getting too much for me to fix manually in my PC and I'd like Yahoo have the correct volume when I download it. p.s. On the rare occasions I've reported problems over the years you've fixed them but this time I had a heck of a job even finding a place to report the errors! Thank you.

393rd ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK just checked for stocks with today's volume too low, other than AAPL noted above. Following stocks have reported volumes ridiculously low, obviously errors: NFLX SWKS ADBE CELG GOOG SBUX STX FTR. These of course are only those I download, a list of 178 stocks currently.

I've just corrected the volumes on the stocks I mentioned, and many of them the volume was actually a thousand times what it should be vs 100 times for some of them. Also noted several had volume errors from a couple of days ago too which I just corrected. Sincerely hope you get this problem fixed!

Oops - I spoke too soon, I just noticed the daily volume downloaded on apple AAPL today (Feb 10, 2017) is 27,908, and it should be about 20 million today - I was initially just looking for those too high.

Feedback and Knowledge Base