Finance

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo Finance is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo Finance and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
Andy Serwer: Editor-in-Chief
Sam Ro: Managing Editor

SHARE FEEDBACK
Note: This forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 922nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 289th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change time period in stock chart

In the stock chat in Yahoo Finance, there used to a capability to drag vertical bars on both ends of the chat to change the time period and the chart will refresh to that period. Very handy.

Now the feature is gone. Please bring it back!

472nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Indicator presets with detail information on how to read them

Popular Indicators grouped together as a Indicator Profile. With description of what those indicators are useful for.

289th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Could you add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolios?

Add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolio section.

170th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. common sense

% gain/loss on chart, there needs to be a Medium size chart, default is to small, full screen is to big.

289th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multiple chart configurations

I find Yahoo charts to be the bet free charts out there. Only complaint, I wish we could save multiple chart configurations, rather than automatically go to the last one we used when we logged in from the device.

289th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. stock float filter in yahoo finance watch lists

bring back stock float as filter in yahoo finance watchlist please!

289th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wants more finance-related news articles

On the Yahoo Finance page there are about 135 headlines for articles. There are various types of categories for the article, such as finance, news, sponsored etc ... Of the 135 headlines only 55 headlines were from a finance category. Only 55 of the 135 articles listed on the Yahoo Finance even related to a "finance article"! That is barely of 40% of the articles on the Yahoo Finance page relate to finance. When I want to read news article, I click on the Yahoo News tab, when I want to read sports articles, I click on the Yahoo Sports…

35th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reaction editing

Reaction Editing. Tho only way to edit a post is to delete it and re-post it. However Yahoo will not usually accept a new posting for a matter of hours after the original deletion. So there needs to be a way to more easily edit posts to correct spelling and typos.

472nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. live market data-including bid-ask-quantities

equity scanner==premarket and intra- day

472nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chart improvement requests

please improve the MOST BASIC charting functionality and reliability. Nothing fancy. I would gladly pay for robust and reliable information!!: how about showing the correct open price on the one day "full screen" chart? How about showing % price change by cursor hover for ALL equities compared in a single full screen chart? Could we add a slide bar for choosing a chart timeframe? Sorry for the all caps but this input box does not allow underlining.

472nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each lot.

Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each individual lot.

115th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. True TWR system

A TRUE way to keep track of performance like a true Time Weighted Return scenario. Don't just keep track of our current holdings. Let my tell you the real cash and keep track of all the historical by/sl so I can get a REAL return on my investment. Talk about a game changer.

Of course that means you have to provide a way for us to upload our transactions. Example: Can get schwab tx for the month including dvd/int, let us import that stuff.

All that being said, I understand you have to limit it to what you can price…

472nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Screen customization

High level of screen customization. Video feeds from CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.

472nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premium quality Charts and Screeners

Charting tools that match the quality of PAID for subscriptions, like trading view (which does have a free version), and scanners that match the quality of PAID screeners (like trade-ideas). This is from a day trader's perspective.

472nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 472nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow ability to filter/remove certain news sources: Fake News Firms Attempting to influence Stock Prices

Investorplace is a news provider that needs to be monitored. They have agenda's on certain stocks and constantly trash them. This could be looked at as manipulation that Yahoo Finance is allowing. Overly negative or unbalanced coverage, writers espousing position with no expertise and unqualified news providers which Yahoo is allowing to submit content in a space reserved for qualified firms could lead to financial harm

48th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. index components

hi
    the old yahoo finance had index components for all major indexes ..
    the "top 30 components" is not a useful feature at all ..
    please if you can add the feature to see all index stock components that would be great

170th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. market value

Add currency indication to Market Value column?

Hi, In the Performance tab, I noticed that the Market Value column was often wrong, but then I realized this was because I use Canadian Dollars and these were US stocks. I noticed that the portfolio value total at the top of the page says CA $ to denote Canadian Dollars, but the Market Value and other columns do not say "CA $", but do in fact seem to calculate in terms of Canadian Dollars. I think it would be less ambiguous if the columns specified which currency they're in, or if there…

289th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base