Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stock Watchlist: add a color slot for each stock position

My Portfolio ->My Watchlist
    Can you make it so I can segregate stocks by colors in the watchlists?
    I want to make the china stocks green, the gold mining stocks yellow, etc, you get the idea.
    So maybe have like a color button for each stock position in the watchlist, and you can select them and change the background color.
    Can we have this for christmas?

263rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. duplicate

Portfolios are great to tinker and compare small changes, it'd be nice if we could DUPLICATE a portfolio to automatically generate a mirrored portfolio with new changes we can add to the update

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. dividend shown in charts

it would be helpful to indicate in the charts, the dividends (ex-div date and value)

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cash entries should be allowed to count towards overall Gain

I know you can enter $$CASH lots to track your cash, but there are 2 kinds of cash:

1. If I sold a stock and want the gain/loss to be included in my portfolio TOTAL GAIN (and %).
    2. Cash that is just sitting in my account and has no impact on gain.

There used to be a way to specify the Gain so that it is included in the Total Gain calculation. Please bring that back!

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Useful ichart yahoo finance API is so useful but looks like it's vanished

ichart.finance.yahoo.com such a useful URL is vanished which was used by so many developers. Can we have it back please?

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. bring back industry browser

Bring back the industry browser in Yahoo Finance

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Percent of portfolio for each holding

PLEASE just put a % or portfolio option so I can see the weighting of each stock. It's not that hard. You know the portfolio TMV, so it's just a super easy calculation. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I'm constantly asking myself, what percent is that of the total MV of this portfolio.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. total cost basis column in portfolio

In portfolio "edit view" columns, there is no column to denote the total cost basis of the transaction. You only have cost basis (which is per share purchase price). It would be good to see total stock purchase value.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Date & Time should be embedded in finance videos

Finance video's should have date and time under the title while viewing the video, I don't know how old the video is.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include dividend payments into 'my portfolio'

Include dividends as a cash line on the 'my portfolio' page. Right now the dividends are not included and 'my portfolio' does not agree with reality. Include the ability to record purchases from dividend cash, or sell back to cash.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add time and date on Yahoo finanace videos

Post date and time on Yahoo finance video. Most of the time it is unclear if video info is recent or old news.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sectors, Industies and companies with industries

Give us the ability to drill down into each sector to industries to companies.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dividend Adjustment Charting --- Mutual Fund - ETF.

Mutual Fund and ETF charting SHOULD be adjusted for Dividend Pay Outs, to reflect TOTAL RETURN. Total Return equals Price (N.A.V) plus Dividend Payouts. Charts / Graphs without "TOTAL RETURN" are incorrect and USELESS.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Wants more finance-related news articles

On the Yahoo Finance page there are about 135 headlines for articles. There are various types of categories for the article, such as finance, news, sponsored etc ... Of the 135 headlines only 55 headlines were from a finance category. Only 55 of the 135 articles listed on the Yahoo Finance even related to a "finance article"! That is barely of 40% of the articles on the Yahoo Finance page relate to finance. When I want to read news article, I click on the Yahoo News tab, when I want to read sports articles, I click on the Yahoo Sports…

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow ability to filter/remove certain news sources: Fake News Firms Attempting to influence Stock Prices

Investorplace is a news provider that needs to be monitored. They have agenda's on certain stocks and constantly trash them. This could be looked at as manipulation that Yahoo Finance is allowing. Overly negative or unbalanced coverage, writers espousing position with no expertise and unqualified news providers which Yahoo is allowing to submit content in a space reserved for qualified firms could lead to financial harm

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. index components

hi
    the old yahoo finance had index components for all major indexes ..
    the "top 30 components" is not a useful feature at all ..
    please if you can add the feature to see all index stock components that would be great

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base