Finance

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo Finance is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo Finance and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
Andy Serwer: Editor-in-Chief
Sam Ro: Managing Editor

SHARE FEEDBACK
Note: This forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. macOS

MacOS app allowing for shares/portfolio to be viewed on the menu bar

868th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display notes in collapsed mode

Notes are unusable in collapsed mode because they show only when expanding the portfolio.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stock Alerts (sync across devices)

It would be great if Stock Alerts (Price & Earnings) would link/sync by your email account and not device. It would also be great if Stock Alerts created via the Yahoo Finance App would also sync w/ your Desktop/webpage Alerts/Notifications (for all devices).
    ex) Create an Alert on your phone (via Yahoo Finance App) and have that Alert/Notice on all devices (tablet, alt phone, ect... in the Yahoo Finance App)

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please enable download of data every as appear on the Statistics, Analysis, and Options tabs.

Currently can only download the Valuation Measures data in the Statistics tab. Please enable downloading of every data which includes Financial Highlights, Trading Information, etc..

Analysis, and Options tabs currently do not have download options.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add more brokers to the 'linked brokers' section.

Please add more brokers to the linked brokers section of the portfolio. Many smaller businesses use services like Paychex which do in-house investment management. It would be nice to be able to add them here.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add keyboard shortcut for drawing lines

Hello, I often use drawing horizontal lines for price levels. But on every chart, I need to click draw->horizontal line. It is very inconvenient. It would be easier for me if I had a shortcut for the drawing horizontal line feature. Or If the drawing tool does not disappear if I open it on one chart until I close it.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can you add a change since open data point?

Would be nice to know how much a stock has gone up or down since the open, not just vs previous close.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Larger font for stocks, news & conversations for Iphone 11

The font for Yahoo finance app stocki data, news & conversations on Iphone 11 is WAY TOO SMALL! It can only be enlarged by enlarging the phones fort which makes email, texts etc WAY too BIG! Please add an increase font option or allow screen enlargement by fingers.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "undo" an edit in my portfolio

Hi, I just deleted holdings in my portfolio by accident but there is no "undo" button?! I had spent a lot of time putting in the 'tax lots' with notes, purchase price etc info. It would be great if you could add this "undo" button. Further a bug in yahoo lead me in the first place to delete the positions as they were showing up twice! So I was trying to delete the duplicates but in the end all of them got deleted. Quite annoying especially as there is no undo function.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. trading feature

Trading feature is retired on Yahoo Finance App and web version! The ability to create orders, submit orders and receive reports of trade executions via Yahoo Finance was a great feature which was removed! Please return it back!

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Start allowing comments again as the election is over.

By censoring your readers comments you are acquiescing to the fact that someone on one side won't agree with what someone else has to say. "Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting." What hooey. You just don't someone pointing out an untruth within your articles. I notice most liberal, Dem-swayed sites don't have comment sections and if is so people won't get a different perspective. Open up comments ASAP, please.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. tab in finance no longer lists price

Today is the first day that Yahoo Finance is listing stocks in the TAB as ONLY the long name of the stock, which is mostly useless. Prior to today, it listed the stock symbol, i.e., BA or FB, as well as the points up or down, and % change, I believe too.

Now I can't have several windows open to see the price of the stock. I have always spent a lot of time (all day) on Yahoo finance because of this feature that was, because it was so very handy.

In addition, the final fatal flaw is that the…

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add feature - alerts on option prices

Currently alerts work only on Stock prices. Please add alerts feature on option prices as well. Thanks

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Yahoo Charts: Add More Customizations to Fibonacci Drawing Tool

I love the Fibonacci drawing tool on Yahoo charts, but it only displays the 38.2%, 50%, and 61.8% levels. I would like ti to have the flexibility of the user to define other levels (e.g., 200%, 238.2%, etc.). Moreover, other software have a Fibonacci extension tool which requires the selection of three data points to draw the extension.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow to change the currency of the overall portfolios view

Currently you just can set currency to each portfolio. And if you multiple portfolios in the https://finance.yahoo.com/portfolios view, it forces to be USD. Can you add a new setting to setup the overall portfolios view a currency?

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Yahoo Finance Screeners

Please add the finance screener to the yahoo finance app!

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. close position

Hi,

I'd like to suggest new feature to Portfolio, the close position, would be great to track the close one.

Thank you,
    Adriano.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Candle Stick chart in mobile on Summary page

It would nice to have the option to view candlestick chart on the Summary page of any stock on Mobile app.

868th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Daily percentage change for up/down per candle

Hi, Please put daily percent change for up/down per candle within chart note box

Thanks

455th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base