Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Y axis needs to span from 0

A chart is a graphical representation of data. To accurately represent the data the Y axis needs to span from 0 (the minimum possible price) to the maximum stock price within the time period presented. Apparently no one in the financial industry understands this simple fact.

263rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bring back portfolio purchase dates

I have an idea-------tell me how to get my purchase dates back on my portfolios

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. volume weighted moving average

Within the charting tool, could you please either add a volume weighted moving average indicator or allow the user to weight the simple moving average by volume. This would be very helpful in comparing against the simple weighted moving average. (I assume that the current weighted option within the moving average indicator is based on days, providing the largest weighting to the most recent day.)

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Yahoo should enhance Portfolio to include corporate actions automatically

Yahoo should enhance portfolio to include corporate actions like dividends, bonus, share splits, rights issue, etc automatically and include this in the profits where applicable.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Issue an "Save-Alert-Prompt" if view is changed W/O Saving after a Re-Oder Operation

"Inconsistency" will almost always create "issues" if done often enough.

Maybe I'm just plain "stupid",
    but most portfolio changes are almost instantaneously incorporated and saved (i.e. a good feature)

However,
    a re-order of a stock position is only temporarly incororporated,
    but not "permanent" until a save is performed.

I can appreciate this philosophy with the re-order operation(s).

But, I am often forgetting to save the re-order,
    which doesn't take much of a recovery action,
    unless multiple re-orders were performed.

Although I usually "hate" most "are You Sure" prompts,
    once a re-order has been made,
    I would strongly appreciate such an…

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add Tokyo Exchange Stocks

I want to monitor Japanese stocks as well

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Go back to the old Font..this new bold condensed font is difficult to read caused eye fatigue!!!!!

OCT 5 2017 new font. Why????
    Go back to the old Font..this bold condensed font is DIFFICULT to read causing eye fatigue!!!!! I am a graphic designer specializing in typography from RISD so PLEASE take it form me..go back to the original font.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide an option to copy a portfolio

Where you have the link "Create New Portfolio" add the link "Copy Existing Portfolio." This would be very helpful.and is not complicated to program. I may have a large portfolio "List1" that I wish to divide into two separate lists. To do that I now have to create a new portfolio and input into it the stocks I want to remove from "List1" and input into "List2" Creating "List2" one stock at a time is very time consuming. If I could copy "List1" into "List2" it would be simple to delete from each list the stocks that I want to…

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cash tracking

While the portfolio function allows $$cash to be added, it doesn't track the movement of cash. Can you add a functionality so that the cash balance changes with every purchase/sale of the stocks in the portfolio? This will allow me to have a more comprehensive view of my portfolio, i.e. how much is invested and how much is in cash (can be invested).

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "US Markets close in" feature for world markets

It would be good if there is a feature like "US Markets close in..." for World markets, like "Turkey Markets close in..."

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. disable "blue box help" after viewed once

A pain to have to see a blue box of help every time you look at the fundamentals for a portfolio .. give an option to disable this after it has been viewed once.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Notes sortable again!

I put very specific into the Notes field. Maybe an Account Number or a Trade Date or something. If you are strict about the format of this field it is very nice to be able to sort on it if you can foresee the need and conform to a format; but, it is no longer sortable.

Will You give this back to us? Just make it sortable. If users don't want, just don't click on the link. Very easy decision from where I sit.

Thanks!! It is getting better. Pretty rough there for awhile; but, it is getting better.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ftse 100 shows only the top 30 stocks ..but is has 100 ..also all indexes are showing only “top 30 components”

hi
    ftse 100 shows only the top 30 stocks ..but is has 100 ..also all indexes are showing only "top 30 components" which is wrong since some have more - HSI index also does not contain all components so does the CAC 40 - the old yahoo finance had no problem the new layout has caused this bug - please fix

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple Charts stacked up at once, just like the good ole days!

Years ago, before you guys "updated" the Yahoo Finance site... You used to be able to type in a bunch of tickers, and get stacked up charts (e.g. 3 months, or 6 months, or 1yr, 3yr, 5yr, 10yr) charts of all the stocks entered. Now you have to look at one f-ing chart at a time?! Is that progress?! No. Please give us the ability to get multiple charts on multiple stocks, over the same time frame, all at once, stacked up, just like the older generations of Yahoo-Finance used to be able to produce pronto. Why was that feature…

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks.

When you revert to the old formats, one change is needed. Allow an option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks. It takes a lot time to create each one individually IF you don't want to use the current date

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Robinhood Brokerage Account Option

I noticed that the yahoo finance app allows you to trade from all sort of popular brokerages that cost money. In a mobile-driven world, would it makes sense to not add the most popular and most entry-level trading application, Robinhood, as one of the brokerage account options? You're missing a huge market of individuals who use Robinhood more than they do Yahoo FInance.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. phone app - charts - 1 month view

On the Yahoo Finance website you have the 1 month chart available, but it is not available on the phone app (android). There is a 5D and then a 3M ... The valuable 1M snapshot is missing. Could you add that view to the phone app? thx

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Printable format for the statistical data on companies.

Would like to print statistical data on companies - without ads, headings, etc. Just the data. The data fitting on one page for each selected company. This would make comparisons so much easier.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base