Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Portfolio Risk Tools

I would love to see more risk reporting tools available for a portfolio.

First, given a selection of stocks/ETFs/Mutual Funds in a one of my portfolios, I would like to see the aggregate performance and volatility over a historical period.

Second, Yahoo Finance is one of the few sites that show Sector Weightings and top holdings for individual ETFs. I would like to see that information rolled up into my portfolios so I can see this information at the portfolio level. This way I can see if I am over or under-exposed to specific sectors depending on where we are…

275th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A darker shade of green for Daily and Total gains in the iPhone App Please !!

The light green text that shows the daily and total gains on the iPhone App for Yahoo! Finance is too light and hard to read against the light background. The same text on the Widget is especially hard to read. If a darker shade of green could be used instead, it would be much, much easier to read. The shade of green that is displayed in Chrome on the Yahoo! Finance website would be ideal.

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Debt Correction

Current Debt on Balance Sheet of companies is being labeled as '"Total Revenue" instead of "Current Debt"

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. volume bars are not updated with time

When you open the full screen charts. the price is changing with time but the volume bars are not not plotted anymore with time.
    only the volume bars history exists but no update to them.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. remove the volume bars from the chart

It is not possible to remove the volume bars from the chart. I would appreciate if it is possible.

if the price go down very fast the volume bars interfere with price candles.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Two features that are needed

add a portfolio running balance. So I can see what my portfolio balance was a year or a month ago. It would be great if there was a cash balance too that you could essentially add to and run off so you can also see how you are doing overall ie when you sell etc and not just remove the stock you sold at a profit or loss. price alerts again are also a must because they are VERY VERY useful. Thanks

640th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. streaming quotes

streaming quotes

market time column doesnt get updated

all fields should update bid ask size etc etc

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please visit our help pages (help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web) and click ‘Contact Us’ so we can further assist investigating this inquiry by filling out a help form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

10. Screener : add 52weekRange to the filter parameter list

In the screener : please add 52weekRange as a parameter to the filter list. 52weekRange =100*(Close-52WeekLow)/(52WeekHigh-52WekkLow)

This will allow us to filter the results to get stocks close to 52 week high or lows.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mutual Funds from Nasdaq Nordics like Sweden is missing

Its just a shame that i cannot add the Swedish mutual funds listed in Nasdaq Nordics, when will Yahoo finance add these symbols?

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Editing the view of the stock portfolio list with more valuation data.

When one is editing the view of his stock portfolio list. Is it possible to allow the addition data: such as Altman Z score.and Rorac? You do have that data on stock screener

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. day range before the open does not appear in many simbols

day range in many simbols is empty before the open.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In the Yahoo! Finance App, it would be great if we could sort on the columns. For example, sort by % Gain or % Loss, etc.

In the Yahoo! Finance App, it would be great if we could sort on the columns. For example, sort by % Gain or % Loss, etc.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How can we suggest a new news vendor?

How can we suggest a new or different news vendor?

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. how do I get rid of the Motley Fool ??

Please get rid of the Motley Fool...it is just another form of advertising.

92nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. talking heads on news

Those talking heads on the news feed are very annoying. In particular, please get rid of that toothy, google-eyed woodpecker who is nothing more than a prompter reader. Also get rid of that Wolfman Jack lookalike who is similarly uninformed. Why is it not possible to disable autoplay for this idiot news feed?

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. trending today

Trending Today is a very annoying feature. Please get rid of it.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base