Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You are missing yesterday's closing Historical Data figure for August 13th 2019!!!!!!!

You are missing yesterday's closing Historical Data figure for August 13th 2019!!!!!!!

418th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. missing data in historics

Good Evening,
    It's great that Yahoo tries to provide useful information for it's users but:
    It is hard to follow price action at the best of times so it's not very helpful when lines of data just disappear from your Yahoo pages. eg: The FTSE historics page had the data for 13/08/2019 in view yesterday but it has gone today and skips from Mon 12th to Wed 14th. Your software needs to find errors like this and fix and prevent further occurences. Also, I find there are hundreds of instances where, say, a stocks open or close price is higher…

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Stuart,

Please send us the URL of the stock that you are referring to so we can further investigate this matter. Thanm you!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

3. Index quotes not streaming

Hi, I have noticed over the past week that Index quotes no longer stream. Actually S&P500 does, but Dow and Nasdaq don't. I have tried Chrome, IE, Edge, etc. All browsers behave exactly the same. For example, go to https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EIXIC?p=^IXIC ... neither the main quote page streams or the fixed index quotes at the top (except S&P). I have cleared my browser cache. Also experience this on multiple computers.

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation!

Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation every time!
    It would show if the close was UP or DOWN from the day before.
    Thanks,
    Phil.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please fix porfolio and stock news

your finance news under portfolios is mostly useless as it is on individual stocks. Real company news is missing for hype instead

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Suggestions

The feedback feature is a great idea, however, it is very hard to find even after using it several time. Finally found "Suggestions" in very small font. Don't you want feedback?

185th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Perfomance tab locked

Performance tab is now locked and you must purchase premium service. Another reason to use a different provider.

185th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. You want money for something you get from a Brokerage already?

Dudes you are now asking for money for your basic Finance page. Get real. You will need to step up and beyond what we already get from our brokerage accounts. Once again behind the curve. The only thing I would be willing to pay for is custom alerts on TA not available on other platforms.

260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My Portfolios

Hi, under My Portfolios in Yahoo Finance, the Watch List under tab Summary has the list of stocks with the stock code at the left. When I hover the mouse over the stock code it gives the name of the stock. Great.
    But if I then click My Holdings, if I hover the mouse over the stock code, it just shows the code, not the stock name. It would be helpful if this showed the name of the stock rather than just the stock code, same as under the Summary tab.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Raging Bull: Why do you allow these scammers?

Everyone with 2 brain cells can see what a scammer Raging Bull is with Jason and Petra spewing their lies. Go online and search for reviews and you encounter numerous scam websites posting stuff that glorifies them. Go to an unbiased site and you hear how they don't cancel subscription services, grossly misrepresent their "picks" (do they use darts on a stock chart?), and just outright lie about their claims. On a neutral site the feedback is 100% negative. Its a disgrace to allow a liar to advertise. You should have some respect for your viewers.

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding Notes

When I monitor my stocks or option under my wathchlist and/or portfolio I would like to be able to add some notes on the page I guess this function can be added below part of the page.

260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on

links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on so i can track which stories i've already reviewed

260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Move investment to other portfolio

Some of us have multiple portfolios to help us sort our investments. Sometimes an investment from one portfolio qualifies to be moved to a different one. How about a means to move it, complete with history, from one portfolio to another?

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dividend Fields blank on startup

The fields 'DIv/Share', 'Forward Annual Dividend Yield', 'Ex-Div Date' and 'Dividend Payment Date' are blank upon going into the portfolio. The all have a dash character for each security I have. To get them to show up I have to fo to a different portfolio then back to this one. I have screen shots if you need to see them.

93rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Why can I not add Warrants to my portfolio?

Warrants? I own alot of Warrants in my portfolio that aren't available to add. Do not necessarily need Strike price but it would be nice to add to my portfolio ( share count, purchase price, current price etc.)

Eg: TGIF.WT 1933 Industries

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. earnings date data is wrong in portfolio view

This was already posted (see below) you can not vote for the problem yet it is not fixed yet. Im having the same problem as of 7/30/2019

"(I want to see the upcoming earnings dates of the stocks in my watchlist so I added a new view, checks symbol and earning date items. However the earnings dates shown in the portfolio view are wrong even though Yahoo Finance lists the correct data when you view the actual stock.

For example, if you view the yahoo stock page for CRM, it says: Earnings Date May 29, 2018

That date is correct.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow 1 month chart

I would like to be able to select the one month chart view on the Portfolio view page. Right now the custom view only allows you to choose the day chart. The one month chart allows me to quickly view the price pattern without having to leave the page to do so. That would save a lot of time. Thank you.

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. day's gain

The previous day's gain on a particular stock should be cleared once the next day's trading session has begun. Without doing this, mutual funds make this number meaningless.

260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE: GOLD)

Dear Yahoo Finance, I would like to refer to the NYSE counter: Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD). The counter GOLD belongs to Barrick Gold Corporation, not Randgold Resources Limited. Please fix the naming error as soon as possible. Thank you. https://www.barrick.com/English/investors/shares-dividends/default.aspx

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base