Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 275th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. year of purshase date wiped?

Yahoo just wiped the year of purchase data It says 20 for all the stocks in my portfolios. Can't enter 12/04/17 or any other year-it comes out 20
    All the lots have the same 20 year. every year from 2001 to 2017 is gone? No one at Yahoo will respond on why they made this change?

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide all Desktop Version Functionality to your Mobile Version!!!!

The Mobile Version of Yahoo Finance has been so stripped down that is has been rendered almost useless. There is no access to Conversations, Profile, Financial, Options, Holders, Historical Data tabs as there is in the full Desktop Version. If you don't want to make a good Mobile Version, fine. But at least take away the automatic redirect to the Mobile Version. Please allow users the ability to use the Desktop Version on their mobile devices. It's up to me whether the image is too small or not, I can decide for myself. I don't need Yahoo forcing me to…

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. phishing

Prevent phishing of Yahoo Finance page. As I browse my portfolio the page is replaced by a what appears to be a phoney survey. If I hit the back button, a new page show a sort of lottery. I actually have to restart the browser to get rid of it. However, it comes back. My ISP is Bell Canada and I use Safari on OSX 10.11.6

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Y axis needs to span from 0

A chart is a graphical representation of data. To accurately represent the data the Y axis needs to span from 0 (the minimum possible price) to the maximum stock price within the time period presented. Apparently no one in the financial industry understands this simple fact.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bring back portfolio purchase dates

I have an idea-------tell me how to get my purchase dates back on my portfolios

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. volume weighted moving average

Within the charting tool, could you please either add a volume weighted moving average indicator or allow the user to weight the simple moving average by volume. This would be very helpful in comparing against the simple weighted moving average. (I assume that the current weighted option within the moving average indicator is based on days, providing the largest weighting to the most recent day.)

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Yahoo should enhance Portfolio to include corporate actions automatically

Yahoo should enhance portfolio to include corporate actions like dividends, bonus, share splits, rights issue, etc automatically and include this in the profits where applicable.

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Issue an "Save-Alert-Prompt" if view is changed W/O Saving after a Re-Oder Operation

"Inconsistency" will almost always create "issues" if done often enough.

Maybe I'm just plain "stupid",
    but most portfolio changes are almost instantaneously incorporated and saved (i.e. a good feature)

However,
    a re-order of a stock position is only temporarly incororporated,
    but not "permanent" until a save is performed.

I can appreciate this philosophy with the re-order operation(s).

But, I am often forgetting to save the re-order,
    which doesn't take much of a recovery action,
    unless multiple re-orders were performed.

Although I usually "hate" most "are You Sure" prompts,
    once a re-order has been made,
    I would strongly appreciate such an…

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add Tokyo Exchange Stocks

I want to monitor Japanese stocks as well

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notes

It would be incredibility helpful if individual "Notes" added to a symbol would transfer to other portfolios with the same symbol.

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Go back to the old Font..this new bold condensed font is difficult to read caused eye fatigue!!!!!

OCT 5 2017 new font. Why????
    Go back to the old Font..this bold condensed font is DIFFICULT to read causing eye fatigue!!!!! I am a graphic designer specializing in typography from RISD so PLEASE take it form me..go back to the original font.

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

glad i tested before sending to client. POS.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I see that my portfolio has a lot more headings. THAT'S GOOD. what's not good is that I could find no way to customize the column headings.

Make it possible for users of Yahoo Finance to create the order of column headings in an order they prefer. In my latest portfolio look I'm seeing 20 column headings. GREAT! Problem is, I can't reorder them. Every stocks player has a desire for a certain column/data order. Make it simple and doable to reorder the column headings. I can't in my look.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide an option to copy a portfolio

Where you have the link "Create New Portfolio" add the link "Copy Existing Portfolio." This would be very helpful.and is not complicated to program. I may have a large portfolio "List1" that I wish to divide into two separate lists. To do that I now have to create a new portfolio and input into it the stocks I want to remove from "List1" and input into "List2" Creating "List2" one stock at a time is very time consuming. If I could copy "List1" into "List2" it would be simple to delete from each list the stocks that I want to…

92nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deleting One Lot from List of Holdings - Issue Needs Your Attention

Under Yahoo Finance/My Portfolios/My Holdings I am trying to delete a certain lot. The list of my holdings is more than 1 page long. When I follow your instructions for deleting a lot, I cannot see the "remove" button because it only appears at the very top of the page. The whole screen turns grey and scrolling is not permitted after starting the delete process. Impossible for me to scroll up to find the remove button. Very frustrating.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Warrant information is missing

WFC-WT and JPM-WT tickers are missing from the database. In my portfolio, I get them only on occasions and not constantly.
    Please fix this issue.

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cash tracking

While the portfolio function allows $$cash to be added, it doesn't track the movement of cash. Can you add a functionality so that the cash balance changes with every purchase/sale of the stocks in the portfolio? This will allow me to have a more comprehensive view of my portfolio, i.e. how much is invested and how much is in cash (can be invested).

78th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "US Markets close in" feature for world markets

It would be good if there is a feature like "US Markets close in..." for World markets, like "Turkey Markets close in..."

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base