Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Could you add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolios?

Add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolio section.

143rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. common sense

% gain/loss on chart, there needs to be a Medium size chart, default is to small, full screen is to big.

260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple chart configurations

I find Yahoo charts to be the bet free charts out there. Only complaint, I wish we could save multiple chart configurations, rather than automatically go to the last one we used when we logged in from the device.

260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. stock float filter in yahoo finance watch lists

bring back stock float as filter in yahoo finance watchlist please!

260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. decimal places for lot value goes is not consistently two spaces

Under the 'lot value', if I have fractional shares, the decimal places go out to FOUR decimal places. It doesn't line up properly and I don't need to know that the value of the shares is $6,991.0112. $6,991.01 will suffice. Thanks.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wants more finance-related news articles

On the Yahoo Finance page there are about 135 headlines for articles. There are various types of categories for the article, such as finance, news, sponsored etc ... Of the 135 headlines only 55 headlines were from a finance category. Only 55 of the 135 articles listed on the Yahoo Finance even related to a "finance article"! That is barely of 40% of the articles on the Yahoo Finance page relate to finance. When I want to read news article, I click on the Yahoo News tab, when I want to read sports articles, I click on the Yahoo Sports…

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Quote list sorting in reverse order all of a sudden

All of a sudden today, my quote list is appearing in reverse alphabetical order. Any idea how to fix this? In the section where you can reorder the symbols, it looks fine.

260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. next earnings and simple design

1. add a "*" near the name of a stock when the company announce something like earnings release date

2. less stylish and more simple design

3. smaller font for headlines

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Report mutual fund shares to 3 decimals in "My Holdings" summary line

Currently in the summary line of "My Holdings" in the Yahoo portfolios only reports 2 decimal places rounding up or down depending on whether the 3rd digit is less than or greater than 5. This necessitates unnecessary clicks to 'open up' the display to show individual lots. If there is only one lot this is bad enough, but when there are multiple lots, one must add the lots to come up with the correct position summary at 3 decimal places which is the actual real-world figure. It would appear that there is room on the line for 1 additional character…

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reaction editing

Reaction Editing. Tho only way to edit a post is to delete it and re-post it. However Yahoo will not usually accept a new posting for a matter of hours after the original deletion. So there needs to be a way to more easily edit posts to correct spelling and typos.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. live market data-including bid-ask-quantities

equity scanner==premarket and intra- day

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chart improvement requests

please improve the MOST BASIC charting functionality and reliability. Nothing fancy. I would gladly pay for robust and reliable information!!: how about showing the correct open price on the one day "full screen" chart? How about showing % price change by cursor hover for ALL equities compared in a single full screen chart? Could we add a slide bar for choosing a chart timeframe? Sorry for the all caps but this input box does not allow underlining.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each lot.

Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each individual lot.

93rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. True TWR system

A TRUE way to keep track of performance like a true Time Weighted Return scenario. Don't just keep track of our current holdings. Let my tell you the real cash and keep track of all the historical by/sl so I can get a REAL return on my investment. Talk about a game changer.

Of course that means you have to provide a way for us to upload our transactions. Example: Can get schwab tx for the month including dvd/int, let us import that stuff.

All that being said, I understand you have to limit it to what you can price…

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Internet Security Alert

When on the individual stock summary screen, a virus screen pops up with audio stating "internet Security Alert". This is a red screen that locks the browser and the only out is to close down and reboot.

185th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Screen customization

High level of screen customization. Video feeds from CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Importing stock prices to excel data errors

Beginning 1 week ago stock price data downloaded to an excel spreadsheet started resulting in errors. Mainly double counting certain stock tickers which completely messed upset excel spreadsheets. PLEASE FIX ASAP

185th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Premium quality Charts and Screeners

Charting tools that match the quality of PAID for subscriptions, like trading view (which does have a free version), and scanners that match the quality of PAID screeners (like trade-ideas). This is from a day trader's perspective.

418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. index components

hi
    the old yahoo finance had index components for all major indexes ..
    the "top 30 components" is not a useful feature at all ..
    please if you can add the feature to see all index stock components that would be great

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base