Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dividend per share missing???

Finance - My portfolio no longer displaying dividend per share??

121st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Earnings

Financials - Earnings -Graphing

When looking at Quarterly data, it would be nice to see 1 more additional Quarter shown. Right now you have the last 4 Quarters and an estimate for the next Quarter. I would like to see the last 5 Quarters (and an estimate for the next) as this would include the most recent quarterly data in comparison to its value from the previous year.

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review. Should you have any additional feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out again and tell us all about it.

3. There is no way to save edits in the Portfolio because the "save" does not appear in the View Edits.

Cannot save edits because "Save" does not appear in "View Edits."

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. limit amount of posts allowed per day to 10 posts

People are taking advantage of the forums and are posting 100's of useless comments per day on the financial stock forums.
    By limiting to 10 post per day we might get more valuable information posted or at least not so much trash.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WHERE are my watchlists? I WILL SOON be DONE with Yahoo FOREVER!!

What happened to my watchlists, which took a long time to construct?
    IF they do NOT return immediately, I WILL BE DONE WITH YAHOO FOREVER!!!

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Messed up quote history

The history for "YOLO" is wrong.
    The Inception Date for ETF YOLO.US is 04/18/2019 , but somehow it mixed with history from other stock with same symbol.

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. fund prices update

Why has the data for some funds (like M&G Recovery GBP R Acc (GB00B7759Y38.L)) not been updated since Dec'18?

121st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shares outstanding needs to include all classes of shares

According to the Y! finance footnotes, the shares outstanding is sourced from the latest Q. However, I have noticed that, particularly with small-cap stocks, the shares outstanding is only one class of shares. The share count for RELL, as one example, does not include any of the Class A shares despite being on the cover of the Q/Ks. Not sure if there is a problem with your data provider or a glitch in your website but if someone could look into this recurring error that would be great.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sun Life Excel India Fund

As of Aug 18, 2018 Excel India Fund (Your symbol : EXCELINDE.TO) was converted to Sun Life Excel India Fund. Excel India Fund (Your symbol : EXCELINDE.TO) continued to be tracked up to Dec. 20 even though the fund no longer exists. There is STILL no authentic symbol for Sun Life Excel India Fund in your system over 6 months after the fund conversion.

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. nifty

Nifty 50 index is displaying incorrect data on the 5-min candle chart...

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5ENSEI#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%3D

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow 1 month chart

I would like to be able to select the one month chart view on the Portfolio view page. Right now the custom view only allows you to choose the day chart. The one month chart allows me to quickly view the price pattern without having to leave the page to do so. That would save a lot of time. Thank you.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Forums suck

Posts a deleted for no reasons, cant have simple conversations on a forum, yahoo *********************

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tooltip for new investors

Hey guys,

I'm a product manager in a tech company and an investor in the market for some time now.

I would like to suggest the following:

Add tooltip to each financial number within the system, explaining to novices what it means.
    Example:
    P/E Ratio will have a tooltip such as: the ratio of a company's share price to the company's earnings per share.

You can also include a "learn more" link within the tooltip.

I think that many novice investors will benefit a lot from this very easy to implement feature.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Where's the black X button to close a full story and return me to previous place in the list of articles?

The black circle with an X that used to appear in the top right hand corner of a full story is now absent....hitting the "back" arrow on safari browser returns me the the top of the preceding summary page rather than where I left off in the list of articles.

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out. Since we are unable to replicate this, can you please send us the link of the article or articles that you are having trouble wit?

17. Show the dollar daily change for a portfolio.

In the app, it would be helpful to show the dollar daily change for a portfolio, not just the percentage change. This was available in the old version of the app.

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. missing option dates

look at msft for example go to options and your dates are missing anything from now till june last week i had the 18th but not the 25th and now i have nothing until june ive cleared cache cookies tried different browsers and signing in and or not being signed in same issue missing dates in drop downs.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Unfortunately, we were unable to replicate your inquiry. If possible, you can send us a screenshot of the missing date(s) by clicking ‘Contact Us’ on our help pages here: help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

19. Company News Feeds being overrun by Globenewswire law firm case press releases

I can understand a normal flow of these press releases from law firms announcing lawsuits, but lately Globenewswire is allowing firms to issue multiple release a day/week - so many that the news feed in many instances is spammed and unusable. This is especially bad when the 20-30 law releases pushes actual news off the feed making articles from even a few months again unavailable.

121st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. filter news

Is there a way to control the sources of news headlines (like filtering out Zacks, which just spams the news feed with uneducated attempts at stock reports)?

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base