Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were

new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were.

22nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include dividend payments into 'my portfolio'

Include dividends as a cash line on the 'my portfolio' page. Right now the dividends are not included and 'my portfolio' does not agree with reality. Include the ability to record purchases from dividend cash, or sell back to cash.

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back old yahoo finance. Many professions have been forced to use other sites since changes

Please reinstall "unusual options activity page" also in "my portfolio" "current year earnings data field has been removed" can you please reinstall both? You can simply check your traffic and you will see a huge decline since you made changes to yahoo finance. I am certain that no one in the finance industry had feedback on these changes. It was just the programmers, and it has really hurt the quality of your product - that made you #1 in the past. Now everyone has to use nasdaq.com because you have been tone deaf to the complaints.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add time and date on Yahoo finanace videos

Post date and time on Yahoo finance video. Most of the time it is unclear if video info is recent or old news.

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the chart view's "1D" date range option OR add a new "today" date range option

Right now when one clicks the [1D] button it will set the graph range to a full day's range, but not to "today's" date range. If one were to want to see how a stock is tracking over the course of today, one would have to drag the graph to a very specific range to have the current stock match the symbol's performance.

To give an example, lets say I'm viewing the YAHOO stock on a chart at noon, and right now the stock is up 0.5% for the day, if I press 1D it will orient the graph to…

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sectors, Industies and companies with industries

Give us the ability to drill down into each sector to industries to companies.

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dividend Adjustment Charting --- Mutual Fund - ETF.

Mutual Fund and ETF charting SHOULD be adjusted for Dividend Pay Outs, to reflect TOTAL RETURN. Total Return equals Price (N.A.V) plus Dividend Payouts. Charts / Graphs without "TOTAL RETURN" are incorrect and USELESS.

258th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Several tips - things that don't function properly

1. Make the value of my holdings two decimal places in the portfolio view. If I have fractional shares, the total value should be $4,567.89, not $4,567.8901. They stocks don't line up properly in portfolio view.
    2. What happened to my trade/transaction date? That does not show anymore in portfolio view. I see it is there and the column is checked, but it doesn't show any more.
    3. Let me go to MY defaul view, not your Summary View. And get rid of that freaking 4-step box every time I go to the view.
    4. I can't reorder my stocks…

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wants more finance-related news articles

On the Yahoo Finance page there are about 135 headlines for articles. There are various types of categories for the article, such as finance, news, sponsored etc ... Of the 135 headlines only 55 headlines were from a finance category. Only 55 of the 135 articles listed on the Yahoo Finance even related to a "finance article"! That is barely of 40% of the articles on the Yahoo Finance page relate to finance. When I want to read news article, I click on the Yahoo News tab, when I want to read sports articles, I click on the Yahoo Sports…

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Freeze header rows in portfolio

Cannot find anything on how to freeze the header row when scrolling in Portfolio. With long lists over several pages and numerous columns it would be very useful to retain view of header row at all times. Any backers?

89th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. decimal places for lot value goes is not consistently two spaces

Under the 'lot value', if I have fractional shares, the decimal places go out to FOUR decimal places. It doesn't line up properly and I don't need to know that the value of the shares is $6,991.0112. $6,991.01 will suffice. Thanks.

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Report mutual fund shares to 3 decimals in "My Holdings" summary line

Currently in the summary line of "My Holdings" in the Yahoo portfolios only reports 2 decimal places rounding up or down depending on whether the 3rd digit is less than or greater than 5. This necessitates unnecessary clicks to 'open up' the display to show individual lots. If there is only one lot this is bad enough, but when there are multiple lots, one must add the lots to come up with the correct position summary at 3 decimal places which is the actual real-world figure. It would appear that there is room on the line for 1 additional character…

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow ability to filter/remove certain news sources: Fake News Firms Attempting to influence Stock Prices

Investorplace is a news provider that needs to be monitored. They have agenda's on certain stocks and constantly trash them. This could be looked at as manipulation that Yahoo Finance is allowing. Overly negative or unbalanced coverage, writers espousing position with no expertise and unqualified news providers which Yahoo is allowing to submit content in a space reserved for qualified firms could lead to financial harm

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. index components

hi
    the old yahoo finance had index components for all major indexes ..
    the "top 30 components" is not a useful feature at all ..
    please if you can add the feature to see all index stock components that would be great

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I have to agree with MANY others that if you want to expend the least effort to restore the most useful

I must agree with most, that you took one of the BEST free portfolio functions on the web and turned it into one of the worst. However, I see the potential to add functionality that, to my knowledge, is only available for a fee or if you have an account with a broker. You may make your way back to the top, again, if you implement these before losing too many users.

For instance, when you open your new portfolio you get a view including multiple lines containing something that looks like dates, prices and quantities of shares traded. This…

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Put all news for all stocks in all portfolios on Finance Home page

I want to be able to see all the news for all of my stocks in all of my portfolios on the finance home page. Currently, I have to click on each portfolio to see the news on my stocks. The news should all be in one place.

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base