Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dividend Fields blank on startup

The fields 'DIv/Share', 'Forward Annual Dividend Yield', 'Ex-Div Date' and 'Dividend Payment Date' are blank upon going into the portfolio. The all have a dash character for each security I have. To get them to show up I have to fo to a different portfolio then back to this one. I have screen shots if you need to see them.

61st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get rid of your finance writers

Yahoo's Finance Writers are probably the worst I have ever seen. I recall that in Nov 2016 how your finance writers wrote that "this rally is false and will not go anywhere" or words to that effect. And they are still writing that nonsense, almost every month since 2016 I have seen an article by your original content finance writers on how the market is about to crash, dont believe this rally, ad nauseum. All they seem intent on doing is bashing President Trump, who has been pro-business all along. Why do you have writers who are intent on bashing…

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Speed up the web page

I'm a long time fan who has started seeking quotes elsewhere because for some reason the Yahoo Finance page has become very slow. I really like the functionality and hope this can be fixed.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Canadian mutual fund prices are not current since Dec. 21, 2018

Yahoo Finance does not currently update Canadian Mutual fund prices. Last prices shown are on Dec. 21, 2018.

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ^RUT data missing for 5/14/2019

^RUT historical data is missing for 5/14/2019.

221st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Limit the digits after the period for dollar amounts and percentages to 2 digit. I'm getting things like "17.4837% gain, which is ridiculou

Limit the digits after the period for dollar amounts and percentages to 2 digit. I'm getting things like "17.4837% gain, which is ridiculous. It takes up too much space and is very hard to read and compare with other numbers that don't have so many digits.

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Options quotes

I’ve found a lot of inconsistencies in the availability of option data. One day, an expiration date is in the drop down to select, the next day it’s gone and not available. Is there any way to be more consistent in ensuring all of the option expiration date data is available?

61st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post!

We’d like to look into this inquiry further, but need to see what your screen looks like when this occurs.

Can you please click ‘Contact Us’ on our help pages help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web and send us screenshots of the inaccuracy?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

9. streaming quotes

I turn streaming quotes OFF in settings, then when I reload the page streaming quotes reverts to ON.
    This is new today, did not function this way yesterday.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The math is not right with Portfolio total value

the Portfolio total doesn't work any more. The sum is faulty (some stocks showing the correct share price but no value). Very frustrating

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 61st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We will need to see a screenshot of your Portfolio to further assist. Please click ‘Contact Us’ on our help site here: help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web to submit your information.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

12. 61st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Corrections

sales option need to be added. Bonus shares allotment, divedend allotment has to .accounted for usuage as investment criteria

221st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dividend per share missing???

Finance - My portfolio no longer displaying dividend per share??

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. There is no way to save edits in the Portfolio because the "save" does not appear in the View Edits.

Cannot save edits because "Save" does not appear in "View Edits."

221st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. WHERE are my watchlists? I WILL SOON be DONE with Yahoo FOREVER!!

What happened to my watchlists, which took a long time to construct?
    IF they do NOT return immediately, I WILL BE DONE WITH YAHOO FOREVER!!!

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. where is my portfolio ???

where is my portfolio ???

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. custom view

Custom View Not Showing Up at All (or have to refresh screen). On Feb 8, 2019 there is no customized view (not showing up). And whe it does work in the past, sometimes you have to refresh the screen for it to show up.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. fund prices update

Why has the data for some funds (like M&G Recovery GBP R Acc (GB00B7759Y38.L)) not been updated since Dec'18?

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. nifty

Nifty 50 index is displaying incorrect data on the 5-min candle chart...

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5ENSEI#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%3D

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base