Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Portfolio Backtesting

A little known feature for Google Finance was that if you clicked into a portfolio, it automatically generated a historical price chart for the portfolio based on an equal weighted investment in each of the securities in the list. You could compare it to major indexes as well. Would be a really nice feature to add to the watchlists.

111th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reaction editing

Reaction Editing. Tho only way to edit a post is to delete it and re-post it. However Yahoo will not usually accept a new posting for a matter of hours after the original deletion. So there needs to be a way to more easily edit posts to correct spelling and typos.

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. live market data-including bid-ask-quantities

equity scanner==premarket and intra- day

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chart improvement requests

please improve the MOST BASIC charting functionality and reliability. Nothing fancy. I would gladly pay for robust and reliable information!!: how about showing the correct open price on the one day "full screen" chart? How about showing % price change by cursor hover for ALL equities compared in a single full screen chart? Could we add a slide bar for choosing a chart timeframe? Sorry for the all caps but this input box does not allow underlining.

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. True TWR system

A TRUE way to keep track of performance like a true Time Weighted Return scenario. Don't just keep track of our current holdings. Let my tell you the real cash and keep track of all the historical by/sl so I can get a REAL return on my investment. Talk about a game changer.

Of course that means you have to provide a way for us to upload our transactions. Example: Can get schwab tx for the month including dvd/int, let us import that stuff.

All that being said, I understand you have to limit it to what you can price…

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have something identical like stocktouch app that used to be in ios

What would be extremely useful for me and I would pay for it is to have something identical like an app that use to be on ios called stocktouch
    I really loved that app and many people I know as well, it was fast and very helpful, I do not understand why they closed it or did not charge for it.

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Yield On Cost" YOC

There already is an average cost calculation done for the lots of stock held, why not add a simple 'Yield On Cost (YOC)' calculation to help us longer term investors see how well our long term position in hold for high dividends are doing? A more complicated calculation would be Annualized Yield on Cost or AYOC, giving us a better measurement of how our long position is doing. Then to further combine this we would add/subtract our annualized gain/loss cost return on Equity to our AYOC to get a Net ROE including Dividend Yields. It may not be perfect as…

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sort Stocks by Data

Allow me to sort all stocks by certain indicators. For example, at Zacks.com I can pick all stocks that are priced below the book value, with a P.E of 12 or less, and a market cap of $100 Billion.

151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Performance information

Percentage performance for individual holdings and portfolio holdings, YTD, 1 year, 3 year, 5 year, 10 year

151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. discontinue crypto - bitcoin press

Crypto and bitcoin is irrelevant, un real, not real, not relevant, it means nothing, it is worth nothing but you perpetually honor it with press, FAKE NEWS. It is not regulated by banks or countries therefore is worthless. BUT, for circulation you continue to give it free press, why? it is fake and therefore so is your reporting. PLEASE give is real, information we can do something with

151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Cryptocurrency Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Screen customization

High level of screen customization. Video feeds from CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Real Time Multi-Overlay

Real time overlays of multiple stocks.

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show the ACTUAL date of news releases, which is much more intuitive than "3 months ago"

Instead of having "xx months ago", show the ACTUAL date of the news release, such as "February 24, 2018"

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premarket data in Moving Averages

incorporate premarket data into moving averages

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Back testing indicators

How about 15 or 20 year back testing capability using various selected stock indicators??

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premium quality Charts and Screeners

Charting tools that match the quality of PAID for subscriptions, like trading view (which does have a free version), and scanners that match the quality of PAID screeners (like trade-ideas). This is from a day trader's perspective.

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A new wheel, Never reinvent

Give us a financial/investment tool that nobody else is offering. The problem with Yahoo! is that you think you can monetize what others offer for free. In my profession that's a No-No. In fact I would be happy to consult with Yahoo! on turning around their business model.

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ADD MORE CANDLE CHOICES AND THE ABILITY TO SAVE INDICATORS TO YOUR CHARTS

It won't let you SAVE indicators to your charts! You should either have a preferences tab that allows you to setup default indicators that are displayed on EVERY chart you display, OR allow us to individualize each chart and save different indicators to each chart. Maybe both!
    Also, chart candle choices are limited! A popular candle used by day traders and one I like to look at is the Heikin-Ashi style candle, but there are a dozen other candle styles that could be added as well!
    I'm not sure why your charts are limited in these ways, from a programming…

87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. multiple stock dashboard

dashboard where I can watch 6 or 8 positions all in real time

238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base