Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notes

It would be incredibility helpful if individual "Notes" added to a symbol would transfer to other portfolios with the same symbol.

143rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Go back to the old Font..this new bold condensed font is difficult to read caused eye fatigue!!!!!

OCT 5 2017 new font. Why????
    Go back to the old Font..this bold condensed font is DIFFICULT to read causing eye fatigue!!!!! I am a graphic designer specializing in typography from RISD so PLEASE take it form me..go back to the original font.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

glad i tested before sending to client. POS.

221st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I see that my portfolio has a lot more headings. THAT'S GOOD. what's not good is that I could find no way to customize the column headings.

Make it possible for users of Yahoo Finance to create the order of column headings in an order they prefer. In my latest portfolio look I'm seeing 20 column headings. GREAT! Problem is, I can't reorder them. Every stocks player has a desire for a certain column/data order. Make it simple and doable to reorder the column headings. I can't in my look.

221st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide an option to copy a portfolio

Where you have the link "Create New Portfolio" add the link "Copy Existing Portfolio." This would be very helpful.and is not complicated to program. I may have a large portfolio "List1" that I wish to divide into two separate lists. To do that I now have to create a new portfolio and input into it the stocks I want to remove from "List1" and input into "List2" Creating "List2" one stock at a time is very time consuming. If I could copy "List1" into "List2" it would be simple to delete from each list the stocks that I want to…

76th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Deleting One Lot from List of Holdings - Issue Needs Your Attention

Under Yahoo Finance/My Portfolios/My Holdings I am trying to delete a certain lot. The list of my holdings is more than 1 page long. When I follow your instructions for deleting a lot, I cannot see the "remove" button because it only appears at the very top of the page. The whole screen turns grey and scrolling is not permitted after starting the delete process. Impossible for me to scroll up to find the remove button. Very frustrating.

221st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Warrant information is missing

WFC-WT and JPM-WT tickers are missing from the database. In my portfolio, I get them only on occasions and not constantly.
    Please fix this issue.

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cash tracking

While the portfolio function allows $$cash to be added, it doesn't track the movement of cash. Can you add a functionality so that the cash balance changes with every purchase/sale of the stocks in the portfolio? This will allow me to have a more comprehensive view of my portfolio, i.e. how much is invested and how much is in cash (can be invested).

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "US Markets close in" feature for world markets

It would be good if there is a feature like "US Markets close in..." for World markets, like "Turkey Markets close in..."

221st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. disable "blue box help" after viewed once

A pain to have to see a blue box of help every time you look at the fundamentals for a portfolio .. give an option to disable this after it has been viewed once.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Re new charts: color/size schemes are backwards. Price bars should have the weight & bright colors of the volume bars and vice versa.

The price bars are much too narrow and too dull. There is too little contrast to the mildly shaded background which is equally dull as the bars themselves. Hence no contrast either in color or in width which are about the same width as the vertical and horizontal background lines. As a college art instructor, I can tell you that the narrow tertiary color of the bars is unreadable against a tertiary and secondary tinted backdrop. But the volume bars are bold enough to easily see because of its width and use of primary colors. (Since Green is being seen…

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Notes sortable again!

I put very specific into the Notes field. Maybe an Account Number or a Trade Date or something. If you are strict about the format of this field it is very nice to be able to sort on it if you can foresee the need and conform to a format; but, it is no longer sortable.

Will You give this back to us? Just make it sortable. If users don't want, just don't click on the link. Very easy decision from where I sit.

Thanks!! It is getting better. Pretty rough there for awhile; but, it is getting better.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Get rid of the banner stating 'Try our new charting experience and share your thoughts': it's covers up the dates!!!!!!!

The banner is covering up the calendar dates at the bottom of the chart, so makes it practically useless. Do you guys ever beta these 'improvements'?

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Page down in a large portfolio goes more than a full page, skipping several stocks.

If there are 20 stocks on the first page of a large portfolio, page down goes down about 23 stocks, skipping three stocks. It should only go down 19 stocks so that the bottom of page 1 becomes the top of page 2. That way you know no stocks were skipped.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ftse 100 shows only the top 30 stocks ..but is has 100 ..also all indexes are showing only “top 30 components”

hi
    ftse 100 shows only the top 30 stocks ..but is has 100 ..also all indexes are showing only "top 30 components" which is wrong since some have more - HSI index also does not contain all components so does the CAC 40 - the old yahoo finance had no problem the new layout has caused this bug - please fix

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Do I need to login EVERY day to my "Watched list" Can't it remain (just the list is OK)

Do I need to login EVERY day to my "Watched list" Can't it remain active (just the list is OK)

It's not atomic secrets and quite silly

Dane

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple Charts stacked up at once, just like the good ole days!

Years ago, before you guys "updated" the Yahoo Finance site... You used to be able to type in a bunch of tickers, and get stacked up charts (e.g. 3 months, or 6 months, or 1yr, 3yr, 5yr, 10yr) charts of all the stocks entered. Now you have to look at one f-ing chart at a time?! Is that progress?! No. Please give us the ability to get multiple charts on multiple stocks, over the same time frame, all at once, stacked up, just like the older generations of Yahoo-Finance used to be able to produce pronto. Why was that feature…

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks.

When you revert to the old formats, one change is needed. Allow an option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks. It takes a lot time to create each one individually IF you don't want to use the current date

221st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base