Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Security Issues!

When i enter my Yahoo Finance i see the security lock on the URL line. Even though it's black I assume my content is secure. Often times (many) the lock will disappear leaving my content unsecure. I then move to another URL because i don't want my financials to be viewed on an unsecured page. I have tried to refer this to Yahoo to no avail. Please fix this !!!!!

271st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. export in html

Export portfolio no longer downloads csv file. Instead it is html and there's no portfolio data in that html. Can you please fix this bug?

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MyPortfolios editing

MyPortfolios ... when selecting multiple symbols for a large portfolio (e.g. 200+ tickers), and then 'Delete Symbols' ... the pop-up box is too large to display the OK or Confirm or Cancel buttons.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Day Change" wrong after buying stock.

After I buy a new stock and enter the lot data in a portfolio, the "Day Change" dollar amount goes very negative (-$9000 to -$90000, can't tell what drives the amount). FYI Quicken doesn't calculate a day change if zero shares were held the previous day. I suggest you add that to your algorithm.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Marketwatch

Why am I have issues with all MarketWatch articles loading?? If I click on see more, it can't even download the Marketwatch main page. This has been going on for months with an article here and there, but now I can't open any. All the other sections on my Myyahoo page work just fine. Please help

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please visit our help pages (help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web) and click ‘Contact Us’ so we can further assist investigating this inquiry by filling out a help form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

6. How about in Settings, a De

How about, in Settings, a Defaults sub-menu? Include things like 'Decimal Places' and 'Autosort Criteria' and so on. Cool.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Chart Option for Viewing Adjusted Close Price (and % change)

The Yahoo Finance Chart feature is great as a first pass visual impression of how a company or fund (or group of companies / funds) is doing over time. However, in search of Total Return information, if would be great if there was an option to view Adjusted Close Price (or % Change in Adjusted Close Price for groups). This information is already in all of the stored Historical information, and can be extracted for analysis in the tool of the user's choice, but it would be a great timesaver if this could be displayed (optionally) in the Yahoo Finance…

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. restore widget at the main screen

Please, restore Finance Widget as it was previously (before January 2019th). The widget is the Android feature which makes Android to be superior all other OS.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add "Option" tracking in "My Portfolio List".

In "My Portfolio List" link add "OPTION" tracking also.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Insider transactions for CenturyLink (CTL)

Why do you no longer show the date of insider transactions for CenturyLink (CTL) insiders? I noticed that you provide them for other companies, but you stopped about a year ago for CTL.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. China stocks wrong daily move

Yahoo finance wrongly shows Shenzhen and Shanghai markets are closed when the markets are in fact open. This results in the daily % price change being reported for Shenzhen and Shanghai listed stocks being wrong. Please can you fix? thx

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. on gold barrick gold the historical price seems to be "GOLD"? Barrick Gold Corporation (GOLD) NYSE - NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD Add

Barrick Gold Corporation (GOLD)
    NYSE - NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD
    Add to watchlist

Visualize changes in attention to a stock over time
    Visitors trend2W10W9M
    13.55+0.60 (+4.63%)
    At close: 4:02PM EST

13.55 0.00 (0.00%)
    After hours: 7:36PM EST

Summary
    Chart
    Conversations
    Statistics
    Historical Data
    Financials
    Analysis

Unlock the most comprehensive company view and seamlessly compare it with peers
    Company 360new
    Options
    Holders
    Sustainability

Time Period:
    Show:Historical Prices
    Frequency:Daily
    Currency in USD
    Download Data
    Date Open High Low Close* Adj Close** Volume
    Feb 19, 2019 1,326.22 1,339.22 1,321.40 1,321.50 1,321.50 -
    Feb 15, 2019 12.85 13.00 12.70 12.95 12.95…

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Missing Data

Hi,
    Some tickers on ASX are showing incomplete or completely missing historical data:
    VEU.AX, VTS.AX (since 13 Sep 2018)
    RBTZ.AX (no data at all)
    VCX.AX (since 15 Oct 2018)
    Could you look into why please?

(I posted this a while back but no updates yet, is there any progress?)

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Hi – we are aware of the issue with the .AX historical data and our engineers are working to resolve the problem.

Thank you!
    Yahoo Finance

14. Yahoo Finance Historical Data is not updating stock prices for Mainland Chinese stocks eg. 000858.SZ, 600114.SS etc.

Yahoo Finance Historical Data is not updating stock prices for Mainland Chinese stocks eg. 000858.SZ, 600114.SS etc. Latest available date is only up to Feb 14, 2019.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. johannesburg data

Can you fix the Johannesburg Stock (.JO) exchange data. Up to 12 September 2018 you are showing the price in Rands, but on 13 September 2018, you started showing the price in cents which means the chart has jumped by 100 x. You need to multiply all historical prices by 100 prior to 13 September 2018 to correct it. At the moment it is not possible to view charts correctly.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Thanks for your post!

Our Engineers have been notified and are actively working on addressing this issue with the .JO historical data.

Have a great day!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

16. It's 9:22 AM and there are no premarket quotes on any of my portfolios.

It's 9:22 AM and there are no premarket quotes on any of my portfolios.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screener result for etf and mutual fund should display long term return (5 years, 10 years)

screener result for etf and mutual fund should display long term return (5 years, 10 years) and allow sorting by 5 or 10 years returns

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Update Localiza's (RENT3) total share number after follow on

Please update Localiza (RENT3) total shares after the follow on. The market cap that you are showing is wrong.
    We hope that you can adjust quickly.
    Regards,

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unable to edit portfolio data

I have five portfolios. I can click on "Portfolios" and obtain the balances in each. When I select one of them to maintain balances, the screen goes blank and says something like "Cannot obtain your portfolio at this time. You might try to refresh the page" . Refreshing the page is not successful.
    Thank you

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base