Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lost portfolio sort order

I have spent hours setting the order of stocks in my portfolio. Then I was adding a new sock and the entire portfolio became alphabetized. How can I recover the order I set? I hate the drag and drop and would suggest that you use a number as the sort key.

139th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Actual Investment

In the “My Holdings” column on the left side of the home screen, I’d also love to see the actual cost of the investments I’ve made. If I can only see my overall balance, it could be quite misleading.

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have draw lines to be synced to Yahoo account so they can sync across the app and other computers.

I draw support/resistance/trend lines on my computer, but it sucks that all that is stored on my 1 laptop. It would be great that if I log onto Yahoo with another computer or my android/iOS phone, I can view it. That will definitely help when I'm trading on the go.

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. earnings calendar

Add the ability to sort the day's earnings announcements by market capitalization. NASDAQ has this and its very very useful.

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. my yahoo - Totals

Allow totals to show up in My Yahoo for each portfolio and for all portfolios on the My Yahoo screen like it used to.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to delete a portfolio

Responding to Product Support Admin to my previous post:
    http://email.feedback-poweredby.uservoice.com/c/eJyFUElqxDAQfI1986BWa7EOPgyE-YZpbbaIRxpkOZDfRySnOQX6UNQG1X7hDCSNaZEWJfOA5C3EFTiRQ-YYuCDAADo9CHadoX6V5MLNlee49wwoFolZy1CDNxCxl0jpjWRggY3Hsrf2Oge8D_zR75v2Um5vNZ2NpV7PswOcudF6iilTdqET57Vt4Wyp5F9ZKG24mKcrkz3C1MrkwxFamGh6ldpiOVIZ8NEquc-Ut9UVHwb8cJ6U0miFmDEGJWdjFAUQWjCHPLLxLbD8a69LXRtlX3L_yd-kPuQHcbRmxQ

... as comments were closed.

The article cited to use the latest browser version, disabling add-ons, ensuring javascript is enabled etc.; these efforts have not worked.

I made another significant observation. The "delete portfolio" item in Settings is missing only in the most recent portfolio I created. The name of this portfolio is "Newest". The "delete portfolio" item is present, however, in all of my old portfolios. It's just that I had not noticed it, as I had no reason to delete the old portfolios.

The same observation has been…

139th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow from Portfolio screen selection of one or multiple symbols for graphing purposes. Default graph (period, etc) could be set/modified.

Allow from Portfolio screen selection of one or multiple symbols for graphing purposes. Default graph (period, etc) could be set/modified by user.

99th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Conversations' dialog box resizing issue

After expanding a dialog box within conversations in order to better see what's been typed, the dialog box should maintain its new size, if the "BACK SPACE" key is used to delete text that's no longer desired or to edit for any other reason.

Currently, if the "BACK SPACE" key is used, the dialog box begins to resize back to its original size, as soon as the "BACK SPACE" key is applied. That is very impractical and **VERY ANNOYING**, when one wants to continue viewing prior text for referencing, while continuing to write.

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Good Evening, on the stream where you show the DOW, NAS, S&P etc you show currencies of EU, Great Britain, Japan

Good Evening, on the Yahoo front page you stream the current numbers for the DOW, NAS, S&P, and the currencies of Great Britain, Japan, Euro, yet you don't show the current rate for the Canadian Dollar, WHY? Canada after all is USA's either first or second largest trading partner with over a BILLION Dollars a day in trade between the two countries.
    Cheers Bob 7/16/18

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. change the msg boards

Change the finance msg boards so hat the "Top reactions" show the ones with the most replies and the "Newest reactions" show the newest "message" whether or not it's a "reaction'.

Better yet, take the message board back to the format that existed 3 years ago!!!!!!!

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. analyst coverage

On RGS Energy's (RGSE) Analyst Coverage page, please add WestPark Capital Analyst Ishfaque Faruk who initiated coverage on July 6, 2018.

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Request to fix Chart Text Errors - Santiago Stock Exchange

1. Time marker is wrong : Chile Santiago Stock Exchange
    If you enter following link with IE 11, the chart marker which indicates time, is wrong.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/sk.sn

In the 1D chart, the time marker texts as follows.
    01 AM, 03 AM, 05 AM,

But if you place mouse pointer on the chart line, you will see it is not 01 AM, 03 AM, 05 AM, but it is 01 PM, 03 PM, 05 PM.

Chart display shows faults when it is browsed in Microsoft Internet Explorer 11. Sometimes charting function is malfunctioning in IE 11, such as omitting chart, "No…

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. network usage when market closed

Chrome's 'builtin task manager' shows about 100Kbps network usage for 'finance.yahoo.com' even when the stock market is closed (such as today = Memorial Day); that is not good for your servers nor for the client (bandwidth limits, sluggish response for other operations). Suggest you fix this bug.

139th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add: My Activity

Under Account Info, you need to way to see all "My Activity". For example, your own prior posted to Yahoo Finance - Conversations. To edit or delete, or just find what you've prior posted.

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add current year EPS to portfolio custom views

Portfolio custom views includes last year EPS (i.e. 2017) and next year EPS (i.e. 2019) but not the current year (i.e. 2018) making analysis of EPS trend difficult and or incomplete.

99th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update your data. Statoil changed name and symbol a week ago. Yahoo doesn't For your info it is EONR

Update your data. Statoil changed name and symbol a week ago. Yahoo doesn't even respond to the new symbol, can't find?? EONR it is and please get it fixed.

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. On the Income Statement part of the Financial section

On the Income Statement part of the Financial section, could you have a subtotal for Operating Expenses before summing with Cost of Goods Sold. It would save having to use the calculator every time.

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. new idea

Please send us subscribers the Financial articles as they are published on YAHOO FINANCE through out the day!

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Yahoo Finance Site - stock price forecast weekly updates missing

Yahoo Finance Site consistently weekly updated the analysts' stock price forecast for years. When will this valuable feature return?

216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. hide comments

Hide comments (like it used to be)

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base