Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quote list sorting in reverse order all of a sudden

All of a sudden today, my quote list is appearing in reverse alphabetical order. Any idea how to fix this? In the section where you can reorder the symbols, it looks fine.

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Internet Security Alert

When on the individual stock summary screen, a virus screen pops up with audio stating "internet Security Alert". This is a red screen that locks the browser and the only out is to close down and reboot.

85th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. market value

Add currency indication to Market Value column?

Hi, In the Performance tab, I noticed that the Market Value column was often wrong, but then I realized this was because I use Canadian Dollars and these were US stocks. I noticed that the portfolio value total at the top of the page says CA $ to denote Canadian Dollars, but the Market Value and other columns do not say "CA $", but do in fact seem to calculate in terms of Canadian Dollars. I think it would be less ambiguous if the columns specified which currency they're in, or if there…

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Could you add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolios?

Add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolio section.

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 30th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chart view blocked by stats

Charting view is blocked by having stats in the way on the chart. They need to be either moved to the top or a separate line above the stat. Also you can not save more than one option on the chart making it hard to keep your views if you need to refresh.

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Interactive Charts

Redesign of Interactive Charts there are settings that cause the display to only display a single bar esp when using the +/- feature at bottom of chart//All it does is show a single bar at any timeframe an you cannot seem to undo it//once in a while it unlocks but mostly useless because it returns to the bad mode in some sort of memory mode

43rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Put all news for all stocks in all portfolios on Finance Home page

I want to be able to see all the news for all of my stocks in all of my portfolios on the finance home page. Currently, I have to click on each portfolio to see the news on my stocks. The news should all be in one place.

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How to know if idea submitted

Graph scale not autoscaling, starts at 0 so graph is almost flat, No resolution. On TYX 30 yr treasury 1 day is OK but 5 day and longer is not usable. Needs to have same scale as 1 day.

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Options gain/loss calculation in my portfolio incorrect

I have a FB option in one of my portfolios. The market value - cost basis indicates a small gain ($42), yet the total change, which should show $42, shows -$2,910,625 instead. Seems like a pretty simple calculation to be totally botched. Come on, Yahoo!

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Making the "Export" feature to download the contents of your "New View"

I like being able to download some of the featured statistics of the stocks in my portfolio. Unfortunately, the current "Export" feature downloads the preset contents only, regardless how many New Views you might have.

I would like to request that the Export download the contents of your "New View." The current preset contents is way too basic and limited.

Thank you.

43rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Nuuvera Inc. (NUU) Missing data

Hello,
    Nuuvera Inc. (NUU) is missing data like market cap. Other sites have this already.

Thank you

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please correct data for VSIAX. Morningstar lists a dividend on 9/19/16 of $0.282/share, Yahoo shows none. .

Please correct data for VSIAX.
    Morningstar lists a dividend on 9/19/16 of $0.282/share, Yahoo shows none. Additionally, Yahoo shows the same $0.793 dividend for both 12/19/14 and 12/22/14.

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each lot.

Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each individual lot.

62nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex.

Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex and I have to keep logging in to see my personal checklist.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mutual Fund Screener

Your mutual fund screener sucks ***. We used to be able to sort by 3 month and 1 year returns. Going to have to find a new site unless you fix it soon

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. day range in the watchlist working bad

day range is working wrong, it puts the last prices in the range, not the correct high and low. please fix it. ie. jnug, jdst, uwt. etct

51st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Jan,

We continue to not replicate this issue. Please let us know if it continues. You may want to see if the issue is browser related.

Best,
    -Finance Support

19. Alliance One Data incorrect

Alliance One (AOI) Data incorrect.
    Quarterly graphs are incorrectly labelled since AOI is on a FY ending March 31st 2018
    Estimates price target at $6 is ludicrous since the stock is presently at over $13

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ery,

Thanks for the feedback. Where specifically are you noticing this issue?

Can you please provide a link or more details.

Thanks you

-Finance Support

20. ADBE contract not available in the search list.

Dear developers, is there a reason for which I cannot find all contracts listed? I am looking for ADBE200117P00250000 (Put contract on Jan 2020 for Adobe @ 250). I actually own such a contract on my broker platform, but I cannot find it in Y!Finance so I can add it in my portfolio.

Many thanks,
    Andrei

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base