Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Historical data downloads limited to 5000 rows

What happened to the Download Data option? I can now only download 5,000 rows at a time. I don't normally go back that far but I downloaded the daily S&P 500 (^GSPC) back to 12/31/1969 (which is about 12,000 rows) in a spreadsheet from back in January 2017. It worked fine.

Anyone else seeing this new limitation?

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. What happened to the Advance/Decline page??

What happened to the Advance/Decline page?! Many of us use that data for our market indicators. Also, who thought it was a good idea to use an M to denote millions? This makes the data harder to use in a spreadsheet. Please go back to the old format.

19th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Simplify mutual fund historical prices download

Why don't you remove OHL price columns and the Volume column for mutual fund historical data downloads? The OHL columns will always match the Closing price column since mutual funds are only priced once per day after the market closes. A mutual fund download should only contain Date, Close price and adjusted close.

Also, I see on many mutual funds your prices for many dates carry six places beyond the decimal point. This is not possible since all fund prices are rounded to the nearest penny by the fund company.

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. cannot enter commission costs in portfolio, edit data used to be easier

Originally to edit portfolios all I needed to do was select my portfolio and add date, shares, cost, commissions. Very easy. The current format includes unnecessary information and organization by lots. Not user friendly and no place to include commissions. Useless. I am a finance professor and obviously the programmers have no sense of efficient design in this new format. The old format was sleek, intuitive and easy, which I have been using for over a decade. New=Horrible.

21st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Forex tickers need setting to open=prevclose rather than open=close........

Forex tickers need setting to open=prevclose rather than open=close........as FX market is 24hrs the current setting is printing the candlestick charts wrongly

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add support for cryptocurrency in the Portfolio.

Add cryptocurrencies alongside the current offerings such as securities to the Yahoo Finance Portfolio.

68th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Post News News for MedReleaf Corp. (MEDFF) and MedReleaf Corp. (LEAF.TO)

To Writers and Yahoo Content Providers: News For Stocks, MedReleaf Corp. (MEDFF) and MedReleaf Corp. (LEAF.TO), can be considered as news for both stocks. It is the same company with the MEDFF as the US OTC stock. Can you post news for Stock Leaf.to as also news for MEDFF?

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. you need larger technical indicators too hard to see small changes

you need larger technical indicators too hard to see small changes
    see Nasdaq charting

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I can't believe you haven't fixed the daily chart as the only option, it should be at least 3mo. I find this extraordinarily amatureish,pls

My gosh, this is so simple, fix the charting column, you don't need a meeting, just fix it.

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Charge a small competitive monthly amount for download access to your data

Charge a small competitive monthly amount for download access to your data, say $10/month.

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add institutional/hedge fund holdings

institutional/hedge fund holdings

55th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Going off site to read articles

Now I have to click off the site to read a full story? This is so obnoxoius. I click on an article to read it, not to click on another link inside that one to go to a new webpage and read the full story in a different layout.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please maintain my Yahoo portfolio in alphabetical order as I add holdings. It would allow a much quicker portfolio review than currently!

You currently do not have a settings option available to put ones financial portfolio in alphabetical order. Currently as new holdings are added it take much too long to locate a specific holding to see how it is performing and whether to buy more positions. When you first created your new format all the holdings were in alphabetical order, which was so much more helpful when doing a portfolio review. After time and new holdings were added the ease for specific holding search is wasting too much of my time. Thank you!

298th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. WACC

Hi all,
    it would be really great if you could provide that value along with other parameters (EPS, P/E, etc) as basically most of the stock valuation methods are based on WACC.
    It it not easy - you should work on countries and/or sectors and yield to maturity on gov't bonds but it is possible useful and funny. Just only many data to manage.

Thanks

298th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dividend Adjustment Charting --- Mutual Fund - ETF.

Mutual Fund and ETF charting SHOULD be adjusted for Dividend Pay Outs, to reflect TOTAL RETURN. Total Return equals Price (N.A.V) plus Dividend Payouts. Charts / Graphs without "TOTAL RETURN" are incorrect and USELESS.

298th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Indicator presets with detail information on how to read them

Popular Indicators grouped together as a Indicator Profile. With description of what those indicators are useful for.

155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 155th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base