Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Importing stock prices to excel data errors

Beginning 1 week ago stock price data downloaded to an excel spreadsheet started resulting in errors. Mainly double counting certain stock tickers which completely messed upset excel spreadsheets. PLEASE FIX ASAP

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In portfolio show if market is open or closed

In my portfolio it would be nice if it was possible to add a column showing if the exchange is currently open or not. This could just be an icon showing open/closed. It seems like this is currently not visible, I can only add the market time or exchange name.

Alternatively this can be done by showing price/value changes with a gray colour instead of red/green. Looks like this is how it works on your iOS-app. This gives me a quick overview of live data and portfolio changes today. Currently the web portfolio version shows red/green changes for data from…

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chat portfolio overview

Add a chat overview page where all portfolio stocks are visible as small charts at one glance. Allow for choosing the time spam (today, 5 days, etc) to display. It should be a tile layout. So one can easily see and compare the individual stock performances.

51st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Freeze header rows in portfolio

Cannot find anything on how to freeze the header row when scrolling in Portfolio. With long lists over several pages and numerous columns it would be very useful to retain view of header row at all times. Any backers?

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. articles in order by time

Your articles follow no order, neither by topic, or time or video vs text. Please put articles in order by time with the newest at the top. When reading news I am not interested in 2 day old news above current now news unless I want to go back that far. How is it useful to readers to see such old news - particularly when we are dealing with the subject of stocks and markets.

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. index components

hi
    the old yahoo finance had index components for all major indexes ..
    the "top 30 components" is not a useful feature at all ..
    please if you can add the feature to see all index stock components that would be great

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Incorrect change listed on the crude oil quote.

YAHOO says the January contract for Crude Oil is at $56.20, down $2.16. Your data feed is wrong. The Tuesday settlement for the contract was $57.62. You can see it here.

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please stop posting the "main" news on the right side. It's really irritatin that I want to lok at something, but Yahoo wants me to look at.

Please stop forcing the main finance news on the right side as I scroll down. It's really irritating that Yahoo wants to force me to look at the main page news. I wouldn't be scrolling down if I wanted to look at the main news.

62nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. problem with ETHUSD and LTCUSD 52 week prices

I'm glad these are available for portfolios, but the 52 week prices don't display correctly, the display the day range instead. Please fix this!

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Cryptocurrency Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 390th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Gary,

Thanks for reaching out. We’re not able to replicate this issue. Is there a specific browser that’s causing this for you?

Regards,
    -Finance Support

14. Export of "Trade Date" from Portfolio is NOT Excel Compatible for DATE Format

The format of "Trade Date" when exported is "YYYYMMDD"

when put into an Excel cell and a DATE value is selected,
    there are NO matching formats for a value formatted as "YYYYMMDD"

As a result, "########" appears in the cell(s).

My main portfolio is very large
    and manual changing of format would not have been "pretty"

I wasted about an hour (using WORD)
    to put the exported values into an Excel format.

Obviously,
    I would greatly appreciate it if the exported format
    would be changed to an Excel format
    for my next export effort.

Why not use a format something…

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Filters on the Stock Screener do not work properly!

If I want to edit an existing or creating my own screener I face the following issues:

Screener Settings:
    Percent change greater than 3
    Region US
    Market Cap (Intraday) is Small Cap, Mid Cap, Large Cap, Mega Cap
    Volume (Intraday) greater than 1500

1) When I select/add Small Cap for the Market Cap (Intraday). I'll get all these stocks with 0 change, 0 percent change, and 0 volume (useless data) even though my settings should show stocks greater than 3 percent, and volume greater than 1500. Then I realized that most of these stocks are OTC, which brings me to…

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SSE (Shanghai Stock Exchange) Chart Incorrect

To whom this may concern:

I have been looking into Chinese Stock Indices: 000001.SS (SSEC) and 399106.SZ (SZCOMP) and have noticed that for some reason data 1 data point for every week is missing (the stock markets are open 5 days a week and there are only 4 days listed every week) in the new Chart mode. Please fix.

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. the new charts are horrible......please don't change to these new charts

the new charting is horrible........HORRIBLE......stay with the existing charting

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were

new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. year of purshase date wiped?

Yahoo just wiped the year of purchase data It says 20 for all the stocks in my portfolios. Can't enter 12/04/17 or any other year-it comes out 20
    All the lots have the same 20 year. every year from 2001 to 2017 is gone? No one at Yahoo will respond on why they made this change?

187th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base