Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please check the conversations for tenaris. they are all about tesla not tenaris. someone on your staff is an idiot.

please have someone check the conversations for tenaris. they are all about tesla not tenaris. you are doing a disservice to tenaris shareholders and those wishing to converse with other interested parties. thank you

263rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Portfolio Columns Do Not Sort Properly

When attempting to sort the Market Value Column of the My Holdings tab in my Portfolio, they do not sort proper from high to low.

Neither does the Total Gained column sort. It ought to sort by percentage.

20th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

Have you tried on a different browser? We’ve checked into this and it’s not having this issue on Chrome or Firefox.

Regards,
    -Finance Support

3. Annualized gain returns, but is not working

I see that annualized gain has (finally) returned as an option in portfolios. However, it is not working in customized portfolios, even though it works just fine under the 'my holdings' tab.

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. VIDEOS

VIDEOS- WE WANT THE WRITTEN STORY T THE HEADLINE NOT A TV VIDEO. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STOP FILMING VIDEOS. JUST WRITE THE STORY. WE ARE TOO BUSY TO STOP, WATCH AND LISTEN. BESIDES MOST OF THE VIDEOS ARE NOT TO THE POINT TO WAY INTO IT.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. mute

Mute button in conversations doesn't work. I have to mute every post for a user to be rid of their posts and the next time I login there are more posts. On some stock conversations there are users posting things that have nothing to do with the stock. I try muting and I try reporting abuse, but these posters persist.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MORE PORTFOLIO FEATURES

PORTFOLIO FEATURES - SUCH AS TRACKING DIVIDENDS RECEIVED SINCE PURCHASE OF STOCK. INCLUDE PORTFOLIO STATS AND CHARTS SUCH ASSET TYPE, SECTOR, ETC.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring Back "Detailed" Charting Feature Under the Portfolio Level

In the last year or two (before YF's last major design update), there was a nice "Detailed" charting option that showed a one-year price graph of all of the stocks in a portfolio at the same time. This was a nice visual, quick stock comparison tool that I frequently used . . . any chance in bringing this back?

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Conversations" for individual stocks should be listed chronologically as submitted.

Under "Conversations" for individual stocks, I would suggest changing the "default" order from "Top Reactions" to "NEWEST reactions." I do believe most readers would appreciate Chronological Order.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display the current (today's) date on the main page

It would be nice if the current date (today's date), i.e., 'Wednesday, December 5, 2018' was shown on the top of the main page of Yahoo Finance. All that's shown is how many hours left in the trading day or how many until the market opens. I just this this would be helpful to people and myself as a reference point. Also, I think the date used to be displayed years ago, and I'm not sure why it was ever removed. Thanks for your consideration.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Funds from operations for REITs

That's the key metric to evaluate/compare REITs. Would be very welcome

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Crypto section - add a weekly graph of prices on the homepage

https://finance.yahoo.com/cryptocurrencies please add a weekly graph for the crypto prices (ie a 7 day chart). Crypto price changes so much day to day that the 1 day chart is useless in my opinion.

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Trade Date Display

1. Make trade date display. 2. Stop trade date changes when adding a symbol

Trade Date does not display despite 'checking the box.' 2. After entering Trade Date, the date changes when clicking on another field.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. drawing tools in stock market stock charts

Hello good day.

1) First of all congratulate you for the progress and incorporation of new tools in drawing mode for stock market securities stock charts. As well as the importance of, at least, 4 decimals in the price of each share.

2) IMG:

https://ibb.co/qR2yRqd

Could you visit the drawing mode tools of graphs that you provide on the Investing website? There are some tools that are very important to define a drawing. Some are in Investing but they are not yet in "yahoo finances"

3) Could you extend the origin of the historical date in historical mode? Some ations…

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. YTD return

YTD Return
    Have YTD return for stocks, funds, etc in the portfolio view

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't display portfolio stocks in Recently Viewed

I have two portfolios, after tax and IRA. When I do my daily analysis, I notice that my looking into those stocks will displace potentially interesting stocks I had in the Recently Viewed listing. I understand I can add my interest into the Watchlist but that can get overly crowded and if my given attention span on a given stock may only be for a couple of days, I would hope a shortcut would still exist in my Recently viewed. Besides, if a stock is already listed in either my Watchlist OR Portfolios, why replicate those items under Recently Viewed? …

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stock Watchlist: add a color slot for each stock position

My Portfolio ->My Watchlist
    Can you make it so I can segregate stocks by colors in the watchlists?
    I want to make the china stocks green, the gold mining stocks yellow, etc, you get the idea.
    So maybe have like a color button for each stock position in the watchlist, and you can select them and change the background color.
    Can we have this for christmas?

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. duplicate

Portfolios are great to tinker and compare small changes, it'd be nice if we could DUPLICATE a portfolio to automatically generate a mirrored portfolio with new changes we can add to the update

263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Split or filter the lawsuit announcements out from the regular press releases.

Split or filter the lawsuit announcements out from the regular press releases. The ambulance chasers make it difficult to see/use the real press releases since they are flooding the feed.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. charts

First thanks for fixing it so the chart is working again.
    The problems right now is that the dividends are no longer showing. Next you can only save 1 setting on the chart so that if you refresh or open a new chart you have to renter your settings. Please fix these, Thanks in advance.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base