Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. dividend shown in charts

it would be helpful to indicate in the charts, the dividends (ex-div date and value)

90th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cash entries should be allowed to count towards overall Gain

I know you can enter $$CASH lots to track your cash, but there are 2 kinds of cash:

1. If I sold a stock and want the gain/loss to be included in my portfolio TOTAL GAIN (and %).
    2. Cash that is just sitting in my account and has no impact on gain.

There used to be a way to specify the Gain so that it is included in the Total Gain calculation. Please bring that back!

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Useful ichart yahoo finance API is so useful but looks like it's vanished

ichart.finance.yahoo.com such a useful URL is vanished which was used by so many developers. Can we have it back please?

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. my yahoo - Totals

Allow totals to show up in My Yahoo for each portfolio and for all portfolios on the My Yahoo screen like it used to.

76th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. return easier editing options to portfolios

provide option to amend/edit existing portfolio information. evidently from reading the comments/questions posted that I am not the only subscriber requesting this function be restored.

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lost portfolio sort order

I have spent hours setting the order of stocks in my portfolio. Then I was adding a new sock and the entire portfolio became alphabetized. How can I recover the order I set? I hate the drag and drop and would suggest that you use a number as the sort key.

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Restrict number of decimals to .00 or .000 so values align properly.

Restrict number of decimals to .00 or .000 in Portfolio so values align properly.

36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. bring back industry browser

Bring back the industry browser in Yahoo Finance

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hide comments

Hide comments (like it used to be)

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Percent of portfolio for each holding

PLEASE just put a % or portfolio option so I can see the weighting of each stock. It's not that hard. You know the portfolio TMV, so it's just a super easy calculation. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I'm constantly asking myself, what percent is that of the total MV of this portfolio.

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add institutional/hedge fund holdings

institutional/hedge fund holdings

90th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My Portfolio isn't displayed in Firefox

My Portfolio isn't displayed (blank pane) in Firefox (64-bit v.57.0.1).

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear you’re having this trouble. Do you have an ad blocker enabled? Also, has refreshing the page fixed this?

Let us know if you’re having further trouble.

Best,
    -Finance Support

13. Give the ability to UNMUTE a person

IN conversations, give UNMUTE capability.

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. total cost basis column in portfolio

In portfolio "edit view" columns, there is no column to denote the total cost basis of the transaction. You only have cost basis (which is per share purchase price). It would be good to see total stock purchase value.

90th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex.

Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex and I have to keep logging in to see my personal checklist.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Date & Time should be embedded in finance videos

Finance video's should have date and time under the title while viewing the video, I don't know how old the video is.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. the new charts are horrible......please don't change to these new charts

the new charting is horrible........HORRIBLE......stay with the existing charting

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change and % Change Misaligned

For example, Change may show a positive number in green, yet the % change will show a negative percentage in red. And vice versa. Basic but crucial data particularly if you only have the 1 that's messed up in your view - presumably % Change. I suggest you test your code before you release it.

90th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were

new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were.

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base