Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do I need to login EVERY day to my "Watched list" Can't it remain (just the list is OK)

Do I need to login EVERY day to my "Watched list" Can't it remain active (just the list is OK)

It's not atomic secrets and quite silly

Dane

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple Charts stacked up at once, just like the good ole days!

Years ago, before you guys "updated" the Yahoo Finance site... You used to be able to type in a bunch of tickers, and get stacked up charts (e.g. 3 months, or 6 months, or 1yr, 3yr, 5yr, 10yr) charts of all the stocks entered. Now you have to look at one f-ing chart at a time?! Is that progress?! No. Please give us the ability to get multiple charts on multiple stocks, over the same time frame, all at once, stacked up, just like the older generations of Yahoo-Finance used to be able to produce pronto. Why was that feature…

85th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks.

When you revert to the old formats, one change is needed. Allow an option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks. It takes a lot time to create each one individually IF you don't want to use the current date

190th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. portfolio rounding error

Please correct the rounding errors on portfolios over $1,000,000

190th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. On larger portfolios, it often goes back to the top of the page when I use the back arrow.

For example, if I add a lot to stock number 35 in a 50 stock portfolio, when I'm done it takes me back to the top of the portfolio instead of staying on stock 35. This is very annoying when working with stocks in the bottom half of a large portfolio.

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. show watchlist on interactive charts page

You took away the ability to quickly scroll through many charts by clicking on the tickets that you selected by creating a watchlist on the right hand side. I would have to type in every ticker I'd want to see for the interactive charts & I personally will never memorize that many tickers.

Please bring back the watch list to the right of the chart and/or create an option to turn it off/on. Thank you.

51st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use adjusted value for reporting the 52-week high for mutual funds

When reporting the 52-week high for mutual funds please use the adjusted value. Otherwise you end up with a false % change whenever there happens to have been dividend payments.

190th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Robinhood Brokerage Account Option

I noticed that the yahoo finance app allows you to trade from all sort of popular brokerages that cost money. In a mobile-driven world, would it makes sense to not add the most popular and most entry-level trading application, Robinhood, as one of the brokerage account options? You're missing a huge market of individuals who use Robinhood more than they do Yahoo FInance.

26th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Company news RSS feed is down

RSS feed throws json error response:

{"Content":{"result":null,"error":{"code":"internal-error","description":"com.yahoo.yqlplus.engine.api.Record.put(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V"}}}

Request URL example:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/rss/headline?s=AAPL

190th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move the “My Portfolio” tab back to the right side of the function bar. It was moved to the left side and now hides the portfolio listing un

Move the "My Portfolio" tab back to the right side of the function bar. It was moved to the left side and now hides the portfolio listing until the cursor is moved. Moving it back to the right side of the bar allows each portfolio to be viewed while the portfolio listinf are open.

190th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I don't see a way to get from your new charting page to other data about a stock.

I don't see a way to get from your new charting page to other data about a stock.

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback.

If you click on the “back” button from your browser, you’ll be able to leave the Chart page and return to other stock details.

Best,
    Finance Support

12. phone app - charts - 1 month view

On the Yahoo Finance website you have the 1 month chart available, but it is not available on the phone app (android). There is a 5D and then a 3M ... The valuable 1M snapshot is missing. Could you add that view to the phone app? thx

190th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. dividend payments need to be adjusted for charting

please adjust for dividend payments

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Printable format for the statistical data on companies.

Would like to print statistical data on companies - without ads, headings, etc. Just the data. The data fitting on one page for each selected company. This would make comparisons so much easier.

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 190th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ticker symbol/name changed - not updated in YFi

Honestly Yahoo, I feel bad for your IT dept. Did anyone do any testing there for portfolios? I have a portfolio with 90 ticker symbols. One company in the middle of it decided to change their name and ticker symbol.
    Did anyone at Yahoo test this situation? I have to rekey the whole portfolio all over? 90 ticker symbols?

190th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Chart cursor should be able to sit on the highest and lowest value of the candle, not just the opening and closing price.

Chart cursor should be able to sit on the highest and lowest value of the candle, not just the opening and closing price. Right now it's impossible to tell the high and low of a candle because the magnet is only on the opening and closing part of the candle. Make it so that you can move your cursor up and down to get the highest and lowest price for that candle too.

190th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow "Beta" for stocks to be selectable in "Customized View"

For the more conservative investor,
    the "Beta" for a stock is very useful
    when deciding on whelter to establish a new position in a stock.

although this parameter is shown in the view views for individual stocks,
    it is not available in portfolio views.

Having it available for customized views
    would be breatly appreciated.

BTW,
    it is very difficult to search for this kind of "Beta"
    as almost all searches find the YahooFinance program version of Beta

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show 3 major averges on home page in to bar like you used to.

Show 3 major averges on home page in to bar like you used to.

116th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base