Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Our Yahoo Finance profile contains components that are not being updated

The current quarter information needs updating and our upcoming events also needs to be updated.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. LABD

Please LABD in portfolio. Has been wrong for several days.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export of "Trade Date" from Portfolio is NOT Excel Compatible for DATE Format

The format of "Trade Date" when exported is "YYYYMMDD"

when put into an Excel cell and a DATE value is selected,
    there are NO matching formats for a value formatted as "YYYYMMDD"

As a result, "########" appears in the cell(s).

My main portfolio is very large
    and manual changing of format would not have been "pretty"

I wasted about an hour (using WORD)
    to put the exported values into an Excel format.

Obviously,
    I would greatly appreciate it if the exported format
    would be changed to an Excel format
    for my next export effort.

Why not use a format something…

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. iusg?

Why don't you list financial data for iShares Core S&P US Growth ETF (IUSG) in Yahoo Finance?? This is one of several ETFs or funds where N/A is all the data given. Very frustrating you can't give basic data. It's not as if it's not available or that Blackrock is a dinky fund provider.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. option high open interest rows control broken

On this page:

https://finance.yahoo.com/options/highest-open-interest

The number of rows shown does not match the number of rows chosen by the selector (25/50/100). Please fix as soon as possible. Thanks.

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Screen goes blank after about 10 seconds

After about 10 seconds the screen refreshes to this URL:

which points to a blank page. The only way out is to use the red X at the upper right corner.

This may have been left in during testing.....

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filters on the Stock Screener do not work properly!

If I want to edit an existing or creating my own screener I face the following issues:

Screener Settings:
    Percent change greater than 3
    Region US
    Market Cap (Intraday) is Small Cap, Mid Cap, Large Cap, Mega Cap
    Volume (Intraday) greater than 1500

1) When I select/add Small Cap for the Market Cap (Intraday). I'll get all these stocks with 0 change, 0 percent change, and 0 volume (useless data) even though my settings should show stocks greater than 3 percent, and volume greater than 1500. Then I realized that most of these stocks are OTC, which brings me to…

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. WPP

WPP, PLC is now traded on the NYSE under ticker symbol "WPP". Until recently, it was traded on the NASDAQ under "WPPGY" since it is an ADR. When I search Yahoo for the current price of WPP, it pulls the most recent price from the old ticker (last updated November 27) rather than from the new ticker on the NYSE. The stock has appreciated approximately 5% during that time, so the value is quite out of date.

Can this get fixed soon please?

Thanks from a loyal user,

Jonathan

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SSE (Shanghai Stock Exchange) Chart Incorrect

To whom this may concern:

I have been looking into Chinese Stock Indices: 000001.SS (SSEC) and 399106.SZ (SZCOMP) and have noticed that for some reason data 1 data point for every week is missing (the stock markets are open 5 days a week and there are only 4 days listed every week) in the new Chart mode. Please fix.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wrong fund name

Hi, I work for the Liberty All-Star Equity Fund and the fund's name listed on Yahoo Finance is wrong. Yahoo is calling us Columbia Funds Trust XII. We have no affiliation. I've contacted Capital IQ and EDGAR. Capital IQ made the change but said Yahoo doesn't pull from them for our fund and Edgar said their data was correct and I needed to contact Yahoo. Could you please let me know how I can change this Fund name error? Thank you.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. real-time price change

Your real-time price change data is not in synch
    While Change column indicates negative value, Day Gain indicates positive value - in general i have noticed Day Gain column is more accurate - closer to actual real-time data.
    Please fix the issues asap.
    Thanks.

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Re-institute annualized return on portfolio entries

Annualized return on portfolio entries. Its been asked to be put back dozens of times since you changed formats, and I recall it being ranked very high indeed. But nothing.

Its the single biggest reason for tracking my portfolios in Yahoo.

354th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save custom view as default

I would like to save a "custom view" as my default view in Yahoo Finance. I found an earlier post about this marked as "completed" but I cannot find this in your help file. Please add this feature.

Also, in the same idea, when I type in a stock symbol, i would like to be able to set the small chart that comes up to the 5yr view vs daily that seems to be default. Please add this.

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cannot delete portfolio > The delete portfolio does not appear for a portfolio when I bring it up???

I bring up a portfolio (renamed it Delete) and for some reason under settings - Delete portfolio no longer appears. I renamed it again and the Delete Portfolio STILL does not appear. Howvere it does appar for other portfolios???? How do I fix this.

Thank You

270th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out.

It appears that an advertisement is “covering” the option to “Delete Portfolio.” I’ve reached out to our Engineering Team to get this resolved. In the meantime, you can click the “x” next to the ad to remove it from your screen and you’ll then see the option to “Delete Portfolio.”

Thank you!
    Finance Support

15. No data.

No data. Tangerine Balanced Portfolio (F000000S68.TO)

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex.

Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex and I have to keep logging in to see my personal checklist.

196th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. pggax

PGGAX is the ticker for American Funds Global Growth Portfolio Class A. Yahoo Finance has it for Principal Large Cap Growth. I asked for a correction a few weeks ago and it was corrected but for some reason it is now back to showing the name for PGGAX as the Principal fund and not the American Fund.

720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were

new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were.

113th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 720th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Several tips - things that don't function properly

1. Make the value of my holdings two decimal places in the portfolio view. If I have fractional shares, the total value should be $4,567.89, not $4,567.8901. They stocks don't line up properly in portfolio view.
    2. What happened to my trade/transaction date? That does not show anymore in portfolio view. I see it is there and the column is checked, but it doesn't show any more.
    3. Let me go to MY defaul view, not your Summary View. And get rid of that freaking 4-step box every time I go to the view.
    4. I can't reorder my stocks…

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base