Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. historical data date download discrepancy

When I look at historical data online for a symbol (every one that I have tried so far), it includes today's data. That is, today is 4/19/2017. If I display online the historical data for a symbol after the market is closed, the display shows today's data as well as the rest of the historical data. However, if I click 'Download...' or programmatically download the data, the latest date it contains is, in this case, 4/18/2017.

What's up with that? Why the inconsistency in processing? If I could have today's end of day data before tomorrow, life would be so…

217th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pUT IT BACK ONLINE

CANT BELEIVE YOU TOOK IT OFF DUMB

865th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Our page for GEE Group is incorrect. Our company description is wrong and also our website is wrong. Website needs to be www.geegroup.com

Our page for GEE Group is incorrect. Our company description is wrong and also our website is wrong. Website needs to be www.geegroup.com

865th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Go back to the way we input and saw information. New chart does not show cost base!!!

In the old charts, I could put in my # if shares purchased at what price. Now it shows up all multi-coloured etc., but for an investor it does no good as it doesn't show purchase price. Fancy looking, but obviously designed by a bookworm or computer nerd and not someone who actually invests and tracks their gains and losses.

94th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide Current Mutual Fund Quotes

It is now 4AM CST on May 12. Quotes for the following mutual funds (and several others) are from May 10, rather than May 11:
    AMANX
    AQMNX
    ARTIX
    ARTKX
    ARTMX
    ARTQX
    BGRFX
    BPTRX
    CGMFX
    CLVFX
    DODFX
    DODGX
    DREGX
    FCAKX
    FCNKX
    FIGFX
    FISMX
    FLATX
    FLPKX
    FLVCX
    FMIEX
    FPBFX
    FSTFX
    GFIGX
    HAINX
    HDPMX
    HIMDX
    HRVIX
    JATTX
    JENSX
    JLTAX
    JMCVX
    JUCTX
    KAUFX
    LCOAX
    LEXCX
    LSBRX
    MATFX
    MCDFX
    MDISX
    MEIFX
    MEURX
    MSILX
    OAKBX
    OAKEX
    OAKIX
    PARWX
    PRIDX
    PTRMX
    QLENX
    QUSOX
    SLADX
    SSAIX
    STSCX
    TAVIX
    TIVFX
    TWWDX
    UMBHX
    UMBWX
    VSCIX
    VTMFX
    VTMSX
    VTSNX
    VWSUX
    WAIGX
    WAIOX
    WEMMX
    WOFDX
    YACKX

That is just wrong.

217th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ads Render Yahoo Finance Useless

I am ok with advertisements. Occasionally I see web developers allow ads to overwhelm a website so much that the website is useless -- such is the case with finance.yahoo.com.

I was unable to get a quote for several common stocks using the google chrome browser on Windows 8. I attempted multiple stocks, reloaded the page multiple times, and started from a new browser multiple times. Usually there is a delay, but not like this. I went to google finance and obtained a quote immediately.

I see no reason to continue using yahoo finance and had historically just because it…

580th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 439th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In calendar, if there are more than 400 earnings you can not display them all. For example look at

In calendar, if there are more than 400 earnings you can not display them. Offset 500 fails. For example look at 2017-04-26. It is displayed there are 922 earnings. While, if moving 100 earnings by 100 earnings you get We’re sorry, we weren’t able to find any data.
    Please try reloading the page. when we come here: http://finance.yahoo.com/calendar/earnings?from=2017-04-23&to=2017-04-29&day=2017-04-26&offset=500&size=100

100th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How do I delete a symbol from one of my portfolios? I can add a symbol, but not delete one. Horrible.

How do I delete a symbol from a portfolio? I can add, but not delete.

865th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why not simply revert to the fine product we had. Loved by all.

Simply revert to the fine system we have been using for years. It is not rocket science.

865th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. News Links do not load properly

You have to go back or refresh the page and click on the links again in order for the page to load. This seems to be a software glitch.

865th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I have been using this site --"yahoo finance " for more than 10 years---I am now going to stop using your site for finance because you have

I an not going to use your site any more because you are now changing it to the point that I cannot find my portfolio---you change things and you don[t tell us what you have changed or how to get to where we were just yesterday--I have used your site for better than 10 years but I am so frustrated with your changes and the lack of telling us how to see what we want to see--our own portfolio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

865th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How did you manage to worsen the quality of Yahoo Finance so methodically?

-Screen flow is awful, cant lookup same style news for new ticker , must go back to summary;
    -Histotical Data poor quality, fails to show previous day on occasion; cant download full history only recent-most month;
    -Chart anaytics and indicator became much poorer!

IS this pre-meditated sabotage?

53rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. stop constantly changing the stock portfolio views. oh wait, thousands of people already posted this suggestion...

stop constantly changing the stock portfolio views. oh wait, thousands of people already posted this suggestion...

580th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 580th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. *Closing price & adjusted closing price are the same.

Closing price & adjusted closing price are the same. They adjusted closing price should be adjusted for dividends all the way back to inception. They were properly adjusted until you changed the website. They were then identical which is incorrect.
    You finally fixed it and they were adjusted properly by the end of December. They were also correct on January 17, 2017.
    They were again incorrect (identical) at the end of January through today.
    You had it correct for over a month now it is wrong again.
    The proper adjusted closing price is essential in order to track accurate performance…

27th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't load old data

Selected data for VTIVX - back to 2014. The fund has been around for over a decade, so this is not much. But the oldest date returned was Aug. 2015. Tried this twice with the same results - both reloaded the page and started over just to make sure.

865th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Nothing but the ads update. I used this exclusively for years. Now I use alternatives. Fix it before I give up on Yahoo Finance!

Nothing but the ads update. I used this site exclusively for years. Now I use alternatives. Fix it before I give up on Yahoo Finance completely! You took a good site and turned it into trash; congratulations.

865th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Missing Information

Gainers & losers tab isn't working

580th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How did you manage to mess a good website ?

How did you manage to mess up a good website ? it seems you are more focuses on loading ads and videos while providing financial information "by the way" instead of vice versa.
    Do you really think that if you load a video every time I enter a symbol it will generate ad revenues for Yahoo ? WRONG - you will just make me look somewhere else.
    Videos are annoying and delays the page load, ads should compliment the financial information, not vice versa

580th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base