Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Several of my holdings no longer show a price.

I have about 40 funds in my portfolio, but can no longer see them all on My Yahoo portfolio page. In addition, I can no longer add $$CASH to any portfolio, if it wasn't there before the recent change. Finally, to be consistent, ^IXIC and ^RUT should be limited to two decimal places.

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 414th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5-25-2018 Time is incorrect in My Portfolio, the default is now UTC, and I cannot find a place to change it back to EST.

Please fix the ability to set the time in My Portfolio. It is set to UTC and I cannot find a place to change it back to EST. This function should take the time from the PC. Please fix this feature.

51st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CHECK THE 200 DMA CALCULATION IN THE PORTFOLIO. SEVERAL OTHER RELIABLE SOURCES SHOW A DIFFERENT VALUE

ADJUST THE CALCULATION TO CORRECT VALUE FOR SIMPLE MOVING AVERAGE AND THEN CHECK THE PERCENT CHANGE CALCULATION CONCERNING THE 200 DMA

107th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can you please STOP, STOP, STOP, auto playing videos on your Yahoo news home pages and your Yahoo news page

Can you please STOP, STOP, STOP, auto playing videos on your Yahoo news home pages and your Yahoo news pages especially the ones titled 'Must see' which are repeated every time I log on to the Yahoo news website. These are so annoying. Can I please choose which videos I want to watch without you keep repeatedly auto playing them when I don't even want to watch them and especially when I'm trying to READ your news items. Please let me chose which videos I want to watch. That is the most annoying feature about the Yahoo news website. If…

13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. key statistics

You're not updating key statistics for most stocks. Here's a brief list of stocks which are out of date (there are lots more):

AL, BABA, CELG, COHR, CORT, DY, EXLS, HD, LFUS, PAYC, QLYS, SWKS, UVE, A, ABCB, ABG, AGX, ALGN, AMT, ANET, APH, ATHM, ATVI, AXE, BBY, BLKB, BRKS, BSX, CBM, CDNS, CHTR, CMD, CP, CRVL, CSGP, DIS, DOV, EA, EBF, EMN, EPAM, ETFC, EXP, EXPE, FAF, FISV, FIX, FLT, GCBC, GE, GPN, GPS, GRUB, HCA, HOLX, HQY, HUN, IEX, IIVI, ITRI, ITRN, JACK, JAZZ, KHC, KLAC, KLIC, LDL, LEA, LH, LHCG, LRCX, MCHP, MCK, MDT, MKSI, MOMO, MPWR,…

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wrong name on mutual funds - Should be PGIM

PSTQX - Prudential Short Term Corporate Bond Fund Class Q should be PGIM Short Term Corporate Bond Fund Class R6. The Fund Family recently went through a name change for all its mutual funds from Prudential to PGIM on June 11th. All of the names have not yet been updated. However Nasdaq / Morningstar have the new updated names. Pls advise

107th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sort the stock lists by ticker symbol. It used to be this way, but recently it seems to changed recently.

Sort the stock lists by ticker symbol. It used to be this way, but recently it seems to changed recently.

107th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Gary,

Our engineering team is looking into this issue but needs a little more detail. In your next post, can you please provide some step by step instructions or details on what sorting options you are referring to?

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance Support

9. Can we please graph the market value of our portfolios?

I have moved from Google Portfolio, which did this really well. Please can we see the value of our portfolios over time?

29th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop political editorials

Stop with the political editorializing especially by millennials.

51st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. my yahoo - Totals

Allow totals to show up in My Yahoo for each portfolio and for all portfolios on the My Yahoo screen like it used to.

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Previous Close Incorrect, prior day closing values for Dow 30 on 1/16/18!!!!!

At 12:53 p.m. ET, the summary pages for AAPL, DWDP and MSFT incorrectly state their prior day's closes as 175.28, 75.22 and 88.08, respectively. Per the historical data page for each stock, the closes were, in fact, and 177.09, 75.41 and 89.60, respectively. PLEASE CORRECT AND, FOR GOD'S SAKE FOR YOUR CREDIBILITY, FIGURE OUT WHY THESE ERRORS KEEP TURNING UP. I'm these errors every day.

35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Charles,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Our team is reviewing this. If you have different issues to report please submit a new post this will be utilized specifically for the previous close being incorrect.

Best,
    -Finance Support

13. change the msg boards

Change the finance msg boards so hat the "Top reactions" show the ones with the most replies and the "Newest reactions" show the newest "message" whether or not it's a "reaction'.

Better yet, take the message board back to the format that existed 3 years ago!!!!!!!

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. asx data

For the past few days (since 28-May?) most ASX data seems to be missing (returns zero values) after midnight (Australia time). After the start of trading data returns. It looks like it is related to last price or closing price.

Example

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BHP.AX?p=BHP.AX

107th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. URGENT!! Yahoo closing bond yields are from Friday. PLEASE CORRECT!!!!

Yahoo says the 13-week, 5-year, 10-year and 30-year yields are from FRIDAY, with the 10-year yield supposedly at 2.951%. The WSJ says today's 10-year yield was 2.975% with a top of 3.001%. I appreciate the yields from you and the WSJ sometimes differ, but something is bizarre. This needs URGENT attention.

188th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. network usage when market closed

Chrome's 'builtin task manager' shows about 100Kbps network usage for 'finance.yahoo.com' even when the stock market is closed (such as today = Memorial Day); that is not good for your servers nor for the client (bandwidth limits, sluggish response for other operations). Suggest you fix this bug.

107th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. missing historical data for all KLSE stocks (from Feb to 3 May 2018 data missing..)

all historical stock data from 1 February to 3 May 2018 is missing for all KLSE(KLCI) stocks.. please fix this bug thanks..

I notice since few days ago, the data always appear until 30 Jan 2018, then missing data, then last one is the data for today (say today is 4 May 2018, then it's the data for 4 May, if today is 3 May 2018, then the last data is for 3 May)

example in links below:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/5218.KL/history/
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/7087.KL/history/

please fix this bug asap, thanks!

61st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PLCY ETF data wrong

The EventShares U.S. Policy Alpha ETF (PLCY) was converted from the U.S. Tax Reform Fund (TAXR) and should have the same price history, expense ratio, and fund data as TAXR from 10/17/18.

Press release: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180419005300/en/EventShares-Roll-Strategies-GOP-DEMS-TAXR-EventShares

107th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add current year EPS to portfolio custom views

Portfolio custom views includes last year EPS (i.e. 2017) and next year EPS (i.e. 2019) but not the current year (i.e. 2018) making analysis of EPS trend difficult and or incomplete.

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base