Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. previous close

The previous close price for some stocks is incorrect. Example of Tonix - TNXP below. Closing price yesterday was 3.47 but Yahoo shows it as 3.63. The same thing has happened for several stocks in my portfolio over the past 2 weeks and I do not get an accurate look at my portfolio performance from Yahoo.

Tonix Pharmaceuticals Holding Corp. (TNXP)
    NasdaqGM - NasdaqGM Real Time Price. Currency in USD
    In watchlist

Quote Lookup

3.4590-0.1710 (-4.7107%)
    As of 9:59AM EST. Market open.
    People also watch
    CBIOIMNPMRNSHTBXEVOK
    Summary
    Previous Close 3.6300
    Open 3.5100
    Bid 3.43 x 3000
    Ask 3.46 x 200 …

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorrect historical pricing data for ^RUT

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5ERUT/history?ltr=1 shows zero values for the dates 15 Oct 2017 thorugh 3 Nov 2017 inclusive. Please fix. Thank you

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sort

Column Sort i still not working in Portfolios - when i try to sort by clicking on the column heading, say market value, it arranges how it feels like that minute! It should not have mind of its own :)
    Please fix the bug asap.

546th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unloadable Portfolios

My portfolios are not shown now.
    (after market close on Nov/15, 2017)
    Reloading the page several times works but barely.
    Besides, "My Portfolio" on Finance top page shows nothing at clicking.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Every time Yahoo changes the portfolio format, it get worse to use. Please go back to the previous format.

Every time Yahoo changes the portfolio format, it gets worse to use. Please go back to the previous format. The new format does not show what we need in a stock format. It also has math errors in the number of shares owned, adding up the lots.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A few stocks I looked up yesterday had no price data from about 10-16 through 11-3 of this year. They are SLG, UMBF and RNST

A few stocks I looked up yesterday had no price data from about 10-16 through 11-3 of this year. They are SLG, UMBF and RNST

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Go back to old setup. Verizon comes in and **** everything up just for money like their ophone biz..

Catergory ALL ON THE LIST.
    Half the time there is no portfolio news. And it's been like that since the switch. But no rush since we still click to make them money.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I think Yahoo-Finance has lost its lead in the past years

I think Yahoo has lost its lead as a financial information provider; I have found "investment.com" much better (to view and analyze data) and tiingo.com very useful to download data. I have a been a Yahoo fan since 2002 or so, but now .... things are changing, too bad!

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Thanks! Yahoo Finance once had something unique

First try listening to what people want and not what Yahoo wants other to improve. Since adding an old format option or multiple symbol search is apparently off the table while being forced with the "new" format that Yahoo decided was better. I now log in Yahoo more for FF rather than the hours I used to spend on Finance doing research. Yahoo Finance went to the "one symbol" at a time approach research which is just like any other financial search service. I keep hoping the old options are put back. It seems Yahoo wants to look like a…

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Date Range does not have the 3M option any more

Date Range does not have the 3M option anymore

157th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Intermittently missing Portfolio entries & doesn't save changes

Sometimes the entries in a Portfolio are missing then after numerous attempts they reappear! Sometimes it will nor save enties in My Holdings. Sometimes it will not save a reordering of the rows even after pressing "Save Order"

312th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MMLP Market Cap

Please update the Market Cap information for MMLP. I submitted the correct information a week ago and it has yet to be updated. This is causing problems. Comments like the one from DSR from 5 days ago stating MMLP has lost $500 million of its value is a problem for the company and are untrue. This only appears true because Yahoo has yet to update the information. Please update the information ASAP.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notes

It would be incredibility helpful if individual "Notes" added to a symbol would transfer to other portfolios with the same symbol.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 131st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

glad i tested before sending to client. POS.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I see that my portfolio has a lot more headings. THAT'S GOOD. what's not good is that I could find no way to customize the column headings.

Make it possible for users of Yahoo Finance to create the order of column headings in an order they prefer. In my latest portfolio look I'm seeing 20 column headings. GREAT! Problem is, I can't reorder them. Every stocks player has a desire for a certain column/data order. Make it simple and doable to reorder the column headings. I can't in my look.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. tell us how to remove charts from comparison that don't respond to clk on x

something is wrong.we need to delete charts saved easily.can't remove previous charts

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. News Links go to Page with just another link

OK, has anyone used the news feed before in https://finance.yahoo.com/ ? Most of the news stories take you to another yahoo page where you have to click "Story Continues" to go to the article. It's a little needy of yahoo to make us see more ads to do the double click for a news article. Just take us to the news the first time I click on a news article.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dow Jones Interactive Chart is hopeless

Dow Jones Interactive Chart is hopeless!!!
    They changed it fairly recently and now the 1DAY range shows 13 days!!! All the other ranges are similarly wrong!!!!
    What the **** is going on at Yahoo???
    The range is costantly changing.
    They must have a monkey in there in charge.
    When is some responsible person going to fix it.
    It has been like this for weeks!!!!

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. UBI.MI

Hello Yahoo Finance. Could you please rectify this error?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/tsXksEavwcJB
    I can see these "spikes" for UBI.MI 3m and 6m charts for a few months already. Please fix this issue.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base