Finance

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo Finance is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo Finance and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
Andy Serwer: Editor-in-Chief
Sam Ro: Managing Editor

SHARE FEEDBACK
Note: This forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. index bar customize

At the top of yahoo finance we have a bar that shows indices (S&P, Dow etc) and features (Gold, Oil etc). I wanted to edit that to get rid of, say, Cryptocurrencies and add, say, Swiss stock market index.

I searched, googled, clcked on every edit button but could not find how to do it anywhere. I am pretty sure it can be done but damned if I could find it (I don't think I am an average user btw, I am a product manager with focus on UI/UX).

Here is an idea. You have Watchlists which already work great.…

456th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark theme for web version.

Dark theme for web version.

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ad disturbs functionality

There is an ad in front of the menu that drops down when you are looking at a stock and click on "Add to watchlist" in Yahoo Finance. Would add a screenshot, but can`t seem to add image..

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. need to delete a portfolio from my list. How do I do that?

Delete icon (red X) next to list portfolio name. You have an edit name function, add portfolio function, WHERE IS THE DELETE function?

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. So you shut down the comments section on Twitter I see.

The leadership at yafool are a bunch of mf hypocrites. Anything controversial where people can post their feelings you censor on your archaic website. Your future is doomed and no one will remember this site even existed 10 years from now. For the lower level employees working at this company because they need a job, I truly feel for you. If you are smart you will leave the coastal regions of CA now, time has almost run out.

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 877th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scam ads

Why all the scam ads using celebrities to endorse a 'system', such as https://insidenewsreport.com/uk-gma-chef/?o=0&sxid=lmgiv3z2qbas&ttorigin=lmgiv3z2qbas.

Come on Yahoo this is in the gutter, it's fraud.

283rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Incorrect 52wk high/low data

There seems to be a number of symbols with incorrect 52-wk High or Low values. Some are due to incorrect units (£ vs pence) but some are just bad data:

SGLN.L
    RDSB.L
    HOTC.L
    RYA.L
    IAG.L
    CBDP.L
    FLWG.L
    XFVT.L
    VEVE.L
    VFEM.L
    VAPX.L
    VAGP.L

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Opinion s on political views should be neutral.

News should be neutral an not mentioned in anything in reporting or having to do with this website..disappointed

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I have a great idea on how you can improve Yahoo Finance.

You *** hats need to get back to financial matters and leave the politics out of it. You obviously have a great deal of hatred for Donald Trump but it is affecting your content to the point that it's diluting your value as "financial" reporters. We can get political editorials from a million other places. You need to get back to what you're supposed to be doing - finance. Andy Serwer is the worst.

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Now that the election fervour is over, Yahoo Finance should bring back the ever-popular comment section after every articles.

The invitation for comments section after every article is a venue for discussion and expounding of feelings towards articles and helps to interact with Yahoo Finance and it's readers. It brings to live, comments from all over the world and helps create subject matters for YF to write and research on.

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sync with Interactive Brokers account

I have problem to sync finance.yahoo with my Interactive Brokers account. Few months it was working correctly, but since 26.6. it was not updated anymore.
    Any suggestions please ?

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate with major brokerage platforms to pull your lots

Link brokerage accounts at least for monitoring and pulling securities lots to Yahoo Finance:

Oldtimers:
    Schwab
    TD Ameritrade Brokerage
    Vanguard
    Merril Edge
    J.P. Morgan

Newcomers:
    Stash
    Acorns
    M1Finance
    Webull
    Stockpile
    Public
    SoFi

And Robo-advisors:
    Wealthfront
    Betterment
    Wealthsimple

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My portfolio won't load any more. I signed out and back in and it won't load

Unable to view my portfolio for the last two days. Signed out and back in and it still didn't work. I like to use for my investments and it has become frustrating to follow what is happening. I had to (and didn't want too) make a portfolio with Market watch. Please help. I would prefer to use your site. Makes it hard to monitor my investments right now. Thanks

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Portfolio

I can't edit or add new stocks to my Portfolio Watchlist since a couple of days. Please help I use this tool almost daily.

110th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stash, please add “link brokerage” account

Please add “STASH” as an available “link brokerage” option on Yahoo! Finance.

Additionally, “Acorns.”

877th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. find index of a stock

Google search does not produce a single website (on first page) that has the information I describe below. So, this would make a great addition to Yahoo - Finance.

Given a ticker symbol, display the Market Index to which that ticker symbol is part of. For example, if I type AAPL, i should get a result back with ( SPX, NDX, DJI, DJA, OEX, S5inft). This is incredibly useful for small cap stocks (like Russell 2000) which are not discussed much on web and hence information is lacking on those ticker symbols. Even finding the index of midcap stocks proved…

877th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to switch out of compact to regular table in portfolio 1: The settings tab doesn't react

Have the settings tab react. It switched me because i tapped it to see its effect, but it wouldn't change back.

877th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reporting Youtube link spammer multiple times does nothing

I've tried reporting this Youtube link spammer Bullrage1 multiple times now to no avail:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GLD/community?p=GLD&messageId=e70a0e73-1a13-48e9-a48f-2623e0d60bc2&bcmt=1

Look in his post history with multiple years of spammed Youtube links. The spam has been getting so bad on Yahoo. The reporting literally does nothing.

94th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. music

The break music for yahoo! finance live on YouTube is harsh and loud. Previously it was silence which was better. Make it silent again.

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base