Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export custom view columns not just default columns

Please add ability to export custom view columns

120th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop political editorials

Stop with the political editorializing especially by millennials.

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. chart my portfolio

I want to chart my portfolio over months and years time.

6th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  23 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn off the annoying flag. "See all your accounts in one place. Trade quickly and easily with any US broker." Its utterly useless!!!

"See all your accounts in one place. Trade quickly and easily with any US broker."

Turn off the annoying flag. Its utterly useless!!!

Every brokerage account has a trading platform. Why would anyone in their right mind use yahoo finance to buy and sell?

229th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. duplicate

Portfolios are great to tinker and compare small changes, it'd be nice if we could DUPLICATE a portfolio to automatically generate a mirrored portfolio with new changes we can add to the update

229th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. i love how my portfolio jumped up $46,000 today... ur bug... u fix it

i love how my portfolio jumped up $46,000 today... ur bug... u fix it

720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like to investigate further, but need some more details of your inquiry.

Please click ‘Contact Us’ on our help pages (help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web) to submit a help form with specific info so we can investigate.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

8. The Pre-Market Change column is not edited properly (credit in red).

Something was changed recently but the editing is not right.

720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

We’d like to investigate further, but need some screenshots and details of your inquiry.

Please click ‘Contact Us’ on our help pages (help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web) to submit a help form.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

9. 720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

Stop asking to link my broker please. After I click no, it shows up again after each reload. Thank you.

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. VIDEOS

VIDEOS- WE WANT THE WRITTEN STORY T THE HEADLINE NOT A TV VIDEO. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STOP FILMING VIDEOS. JUST WRITE THE STORY. WE ARE TOO BUSY TO STOP, WATCH AND LISTEN. BESIDES MOST OF THE VIDEOS ARE NOT TO THE POINT TO WAY INTO IT.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Total gain (%) of sold stocks is incorrect

I've bought 300 stocks at $20.80 (total = $6,240); and sold (-300) at $23.60 (total = $7,080).
    The total gain was $840, which is correctly indicated in my portfolio.
    However, the %Total gain indicated is 6.31% instead of 13.46%. It seems that you are dividing the Total Gain ($840) by the sum of the buying ($6,240) and the selling ($7,080) amounts, while the gain should be relative to the investment amount only ($6,240).

Let me know if the information is unclear of there is a better way to incorporate gains to portfolio.

Thank you.

97th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Portfolio: (1) Yahoo Finance is not calculating the value of UK Securities. (2) Yahoo Finance is not able to change the Currency value.

Portfolio: (1) Yahoo Finance is not calculating the value of UK Securities. (2) Yahoo Finance is not able to change the Currency value.

720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. mute

Mute button in conversations doesn't work. I have to mute every post for a user to be rid of their posts and the next time I login there are more posts. On some stock conversations there are users posting things that have nothing to do with the stock. I try muting and I try reporting abuse, but these posters persist.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. se

Please provide a way to place a separator between quotes. I would like to group quotes according to my individual accounts.

229th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Don't display portfolio stocks in Recently Viewed

I have two portfolios, after tax and IRA. When I do my daily analysis, I notice that my looking into those stocks will displace potentially interesting stocks I had in the Recently Viewed listing. I understand I can add my interest into the Watchlist but that can get overly crowded and if my given attention span on a given stock may only be for a couple of days, I would hope a shortcut would still exist in my Recently viewed. Besides, if a stock is already listed in either my Watchlist OR Portfolios, why replicate those items under Recently Viewed? …

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Funds from operations for REITs

That's the key metric to evaluate/compare REITs. Would be very welcome

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Conversations" for individual stocks should be listed chronologically as submitted.

Under "Conversations" for individual stocks, I would suggest changing the "default" order from "Top Reactions" to "NEWEST reactions." I do believe most readers would appreciate Chronological Order.

97th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Support for GRC-USD, Because GRC Is Popular and Supports Many Petaflops of Science Compute

Add support for GRC-USD . That is the GridCoin crypto (https://www.gridcoin.us) in US $. Yahoo Finance should add support for GRC because it is a relatively popular coin that backs some six or seven petaflops of computer capacity (and also, significant “disk” storage space) provided to open science projects from BOINC ( https://boinc.berkeley.edu/ ).

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Cryptocurrency Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Annualized gain by percentage

There used to be a tab option telling the annualized % gain.It's hard to remember when I bought a stock to figure the annualized gain. Please bring it back.

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base