Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. phishing

Prevent phishing of Yahoo Finance page. As I browse my portfolio the page is replaced by a what appears to be a phoney survey. If I hit the back button, a new page show a sort of lottery. I actually have to restart the browser to get rid of it. However, it comes back. My ISP is Bell Canada and I use Safari on OSX 10.11.6

303rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Y axis needs to span from 0

A chart is a graphical representation of data. To accurately represent the data the Y axis needs to span from 0 (the minimum possible price) to the maximum stock price within the time period presented. Apparently no one in the financial industry understands this simple fact.

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. volume weighted moving average

Within the charting tool, could you please either add a volume weighted moving average indicator or allow the user to weight the simple moving average by volume. This would be very helpful in comparing against the simple weighted moving average. (I assume that the current weighted option within the moving average indicator is based on days, providing the largest weighting to the most recent day.)

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Issue an "Save-Alert-Prompt" if view is changed W/O Saving after a Re-Oder Operation

"Inconsistency" will almost always create "issues" if done often enough.

Maybe I'm just plain "stupid",
    but most portfolio changes are almost instantaneously incorporated and saved (i.e. a good feature)

However,
    a re-order of a stock position is only temporarly incororporated,
    but not "permanent" until a save is performed.

I can appreciate this philosophy with the re-order operation(s).

But, I am often forgetting to save the re-order,
    which doesn't take much of a recovery action,
    unless multiple re-orders were performed.

Although I usually "hate" most "are You Sure" prompts,
    once a re-order has been made,
    I would strongly appreciate such an…

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add Tokyo Exchange Stocks

I want to monitor Japanese stocks as well

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

when you share a comparison chart, the comparitve stock doesn't show up in the chart, only as a label

glad i tested before sending to client. POS.

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I see that my portfolio has a lot more headings. THAT'S GOOD. what's not good is that I could find no way to customize the column headings.

Make it possible for users of Yahoo Finance to create the order of column headings in an order they prefer. In my latest portfolio look I'm seeing 20 column headings. GREAT! Problem is, I can't reorder them. Every stocks player has a desire for a certain column/data order. Make it simple and doable to reorder the column headings. I can't in my look.

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Printable format for the statistical data on companies.

Would like to print statistical data on companies - without ads, headings, etc. Just the data. The data fitting on one page for each selected company. This would make comparisons so much easier.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Deleting One Lot from List of Holdings - Issue Needs Your Attention

Under Yahoo Finance/My Portfolios/My Holdings I am trying to delete a certain lot. The list of my holdings is more than 1 page long. When I follow your instructions for deleting a lot, I cannot see the "remove" button because it only appears at the very top of the page. The whole screen turns grey and scrolling is not permitted after starting the delete process. Impossible for me to scroll up to find the remove button. Very frustrating.

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. portfolio rounding error

Please correct the rounding errors on portfolios over $1,000,000

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show 3 major averges on home page in to bar like you used to.

Show 3 major averges on home page in to bar like you used to.

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. On larger portfolios, it often goes back to the top of the page when I use the back arrow.

For example, if I add a lot to stock number 35 in a 50 stock portfolio, when I'm done it takes me back to the top of the portfolio instead of staying on stock 35. This is very annoying when working with stocks in the bottom half of a large portfolio.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "US Markets close in" feature for world markets

It would be good if there is a feature like "US Markets close in..." for World markets, like "Turkey Markets close in..."

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ftse 100 shows only the top 30 stocks ..but is has 100 ..also all indexes are showing only “top 30 components”

hi
    ftse 100 shows only the top 30 stocks ..but is has 100 ..also all indexes are showing only "top 30 components" which is wrong since some have more - HSI index also does not contain all components so does the CAC 40 - the old yahoo finance had no problem the new layout has caused this bug - please fix

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Do I need to login EVERY day to my "Watched list" Can't it remain (just the list is OK)

Do I need to login EVERY day to my "Watched list" Can't it remain active (just the list is OK)

It's not atomic secrets and quite silly

Dane

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I don't see a way to get from your new charting page to other data about a stock.

I don't see a way to get from your new charting page to other data about a stock.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback.

If you click on the “back” button from your browser, you’ll be able to leave the Chart page and return to other stock details.

Best,
    Finance Support

17. Add support for cryptocurrency in the Portfolio.

Add cryptocurrencies alongside the current offerings such as securities to the Yahoo Finance Portfolio.

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. dividend payments need to be adjusted for charting

please adjust for dividend payments

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks.

When you revert to the old formats, one change is needed. Allow an option to use the same date acquired when creating a list of 30 or forty stocks. It takes a lot time to create each one individually IF you don't want to use the current date

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base