Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Report mutual fund shares to 3 decimals in "My Holdings" summary line

Currently in the summary line of "My Holdings" in the Yahoo portfolios only reports 2 decimal places rounding up or down depending on whether the 3rd digit is less than or greater than 5. This necessitates unnecessary clicks to 'open up' the display to show individual lots. If there is only one lot this is bad enough, but when there are multiple lots, one must add the lots to come up with the correct position summary at 3 decimal places which is the actual real-world figure. It would appear that there is room on the line for 1 additional character…

131st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Reaction editing

Reaction Editing. Tho only way to edit a post is to delete it and re-post it. However Yahoo will not usually accept a new posting for a matter of hours after the original deletion. So there needs to be a way to more easily edit posts to correct spelling and typos.

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. live market data-including bid-ask-quantities

equity scanner==premarket and intra- day

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chart improvement requests

please improve the MOST BASIC charting functionality and reliability. Nothing fancy. I would gladly pay for robust and reliable information!!: how about showing the correct open price on the one day "full screen" chart? How about showing % price change by cursor hover for ALL equities compared in a single full screen chart? Could we add a slide bar for choosing a chart timeframe? Sorry for the all caps but this input box does not allow underlining.

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each lot.

Annualized gain/loss--please calculate this based on the AVERAGE PRICE FOR ALL LOTS; there is no value in doing this only for each individual lot.

87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. True TWR system

A TRUE way to keep track of performance like a true Time Weighted Return scenario. Don't just keep track of our current holdings. Let my tell you the real cash and keep track of all the historical by/sl so I can get a REAL return on my investment. Talk about a game changer.

Of course that means you have to provide a way for us to upload our transactions. Example: Can get schwab tx for the month including dvd/int, let us import that stuff.

All that being said, I understand you have to limit it to what you can price…

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Internet Security Alert

When on the individual stock summary screen, a virus screen pops up with audio stating "internet Security Alert". This is a red screen that locks the browser and the only out is to close down and reboot.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Screen customization

High level of screen customization. Video feeds from CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Importing stock prices to excel data errors

Beginning 1 week ago stock price data downloaded to an excel spreadsheet started resulting in errors. Mainly double counting certain stock tickers which completely messed upset excel spreadsheets. PLEASE FIX ASAP

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Premarket data in Moving Averages

incorporate premarket data into moving averages

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premium quality Charts and Screeners

Charting tools that match the quality of PAID for subscriptions, like trading view (which does have a free version), and scanners that match the quality of PAID screeners (like trade-ideas). This is from a day trader's perspective.

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. index components

hi
    the old yahoo finance had index components for all major indexes ..
    the "top 30 components" is not a useful feature at all ..
    please if you can add the feature to see all index stock components that would be great

131st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. summary of my potfolios and research

portfolio list of my stocks and research

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. market value

Add currency indication to Market Value column?

Hi, In the Performance tab, I noticed that the Market Value column was often wrong, but then I realized this was because I use Canadian Dollars and these were US stocks. I noticed that the portfolio value total at the top of the page says CA $ to denote Canadian Dollars, but the Market Value and other columns do not say "CA $", but do in fact seem to calculate in terms of Canadian Dollars. I think it would be less ambiguous if the columns specified which currency they're in, or if there…

252nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Could you add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolios?

Add "next earnings date" as column in the Portfolio section.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow ability to filter/remove certain news sources: Fake News Firms Attempting to influence Stock Prices

Investorplace is a news provider that needs to be monitored. They have agenda's on certain stocks and constantly trash them. This could be looked at as manipulation that Yahoo Finance is allowing. Overly negative or unbalanced coverage, writers espousing position with no expertise and unqualified news providers which Yahoo is allowing to submit content in a space reserved for qualified firms could lead to financial harm

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please stop posting the "main" news on the right side. It's really irritatin that I want to lok at something, but Yahoo wants me to look at.

Please stop forcing the main finance news on the right side as I scroll down. It's really irritating that Yahoo wants to force me to look at the main page news. I wouldn't be scrolling down if I wanted to look at the main news.

131st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Short Interest

Short Percentage and details of who shares were borrowed from plus due date for returning the shares.

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base