Finance

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo Finance is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo Finance and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
Andy Serwer: Editor-in-Chief
Sam Ro: Managing Editor

SHARE FEEDBACK
Note: This forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow from Portfolio screen selection of one or multiple symbols for graphing purposes. Default graph (period, etc) could be set/modified.

Allow from Portfolio screen selection of one or multiple symbols for graphing purposes. Default graph (period, etc) could be set/modified by user.

170th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Finance

When creating a custom View:

Please add the ability to select a default sort column option.

Thanks in advance!

287th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Balance Sheet

Change Net Tangible Assets to Net Intangible Assets

On the balance sheet under equity where "Net Tangible Assets" is listed to subtract intangible assets from equity.

I believe it should say "Net Intangible Assets".

Thanks, I Yahoo finance is incredibly helpful!

287th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. return easier editing options to portfolios

provide option to amend/edit existing portfolio information. evidently from reading the comments/questions posted that I am not the only subscriber requesting this function be restored.

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have draw lines to be synced to Yahoo account so they can sync across the app and other computers.

I draw support/resistance/trend lines on my computer, but it sucks that all that is stored on my 1 laptop. It would be great that if I log onto Yahoo with another computer or my android/iOS phone, I can view it. That will definitely help when I'm trading on the go.

287th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. earnings calendar

Add the ability to sort the day's earnings announcements by market capitalization. NASDAQ has this and its very very useful.

287th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hide comments

Hide comments (like it used to be)

112th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include dividend payments into 'my portfolio'

Include dividends as a cash line on the 'my portfolio' page. Right now the dividends are not included and 'my portfolio' does not agree with reality. Include the ability to record purchases from dividend cash, or sell back to cash.

94th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 287th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add current year EPS to portfolio custom views

Portfolio custom views includes last year EPS (i.e. 2017) and next year EPS (i.e. 2019) but not the current year (i.e. 2018) making analysis of EPS trend difficult and or incomplete.

170th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. no dividend value in search screener

there is no dividend box in the search filters

94th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Freeze header rows in portfolio

Cannot find anything on how to freeze the header row when scrolling in Portfolio. With long lists over several pages and numerous columns it would be very useful to retain view of header row at all times. Any backers?

48th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Date & Time should be embedded in finance videos

Finance video's should have date and time under the title while viewing the video, I don't know how old the video is.

205th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. COntent is the king

Provide more content to finance site than losing it competition. Yahoo was the pioneer of the online financial data. With new management you should improve with more market data and stock related content and take it back to old glory. With Google finance is gone, Yahoo can re position itself as a leader in this segment. My two cents.

471st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give the ability to UNMUTE a person

IN conversations, give UNMUTE capability.

9th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add time and date on Yahoo finanace videos

Post date and time on Yahoo finance video. Most of the time it is unclear if video info is recent or old news.

112th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 287th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 471st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to delete a portfolio

Responding to Product Support Admin to my previous post:
    http://email.feedback-poweredby.uservoice.com/c/eJyFUElqxDAQfI1986BWa7EOPgyE-YZpbbaIRxpkOZDfRySnOQX6UNQG1X7hDCSNaZEWJfOA5C3EFTiRQ-YYuCDAADo9CHadoX6V5MLNlee49wwoFolZy1CDNxCxl0jpjWRggY3Hsrf2Oge8DzR75v2Um5vNZ2NpV7PswOcudF6iilTdqET57Vt4Wyp5F9ZKG24mKcrkz3C1MrkwxFamGh6ldpiOVIZ8NEquc-Ut9UVHwb8cJ6U0miFmDEGJWdjFAUQWjCHPLLxLbD8a69LXRtlX3Lyd-kPuQHcbRmxQ

... as comments were closed.

The article cited to use the latest browser version, disabling add-ons, ensuring javascript is enabled etc.; these efforts have not worked.

I made another significant observation. The "delete portfolio" item in Settings is missing only in the most recent portfolio I created. The name of this portfolio is "Newest". The "delete portfolio" item is present, however, in all of my old portfolios. It's just that I had not noticed it, as I had no reason to delete the old portfolios.

The same observation…

287th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. My Portfolio isn't displayed in Firefox

My Portfolio isn't displayed (blank pane) in Firefox (64-bit v.57.0.1).

60th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear you’re having this trouble. Do you have an ad blocker enabled? Also, has refreshing the page fixed this?

Let us know if you’re having further trouble.

Best,
    -Finance Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base