Yahoo Messenger Desktop

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Messenger Desktop?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. i want chatrooms, i want contact to be visible if they online or offline, i want the old user interface back

bring the old utility of yahoo messenger back , new version sucks big time, yahoo is making a fool out of himself and the ones who use yahoo and who have been using yahoo, you guys are going back and taking messenger backwards obsolete completely ****

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  59 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  129 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'd like to be able to see the profiles, change contact names and see online messenger status like th eold version

We used to be able to change how our contact was listed; I would like to be able to that again. Would also like to see status online and choose my own status. I don't really need this program if all it can do is text like my phone

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. bring back old yahoo with notifications and cam

omg !!!! I tell you what !!! I have never had so many problems!!! with a messenger .... this new yahoo messenger needs trashed !!! and the person that made it fired!!!! what a night mare we all need to go to outlook if this is how they expect us to be on line ....it is a nitemare and ....needs removed ...asap do u all agree .. I have never had so many issues .............................................!

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. buddy list

Your new app sucks. Not being able to see who is online is the most idiotic thing for an online messenger I've ever seen.

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. go back to the old messanger, this one sucks!

you need to go back to the old messenger, you can't do anything on this one. half the time you get kicked off and the other person can't see if you're still online. this app use to be a lot of fun and now. its almost unbearable to use. you need to stop updating it and go back to when it was an amazing app and not this piece of ****!

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Who are these strangers

Why can't I delete these strangers on my list of contacts???????? !

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. voice call , video call , specially chatrooms*,message archive, look around

voice call , video call , specially chatrooms*,message archive, look around

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DELET THE OLD MASSAGES I LIKE THE OLD MASSAGE BETTER

BRING BACK THE OLD MASSAGES YOU COULD USE THE CAM WITHTHE OLD MASSAGES

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why was the old version of Messenger changed?

I do not understand this at all. I installed this new version after many (MANY) years of not using it at all and have promptly uninstalled it. Everything that made Yahoo Messenger amazing has been stripped away! The large window is annoying especially when a messenger should be compact and non intrusive so having this large screen where the conversations are self contained within it I personally find unattractive. A window for each conversation or even a window showing all conversations grouped together worked far better. Setting status messages, alerts for emails which can be accessed with a button on…

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. yahoo shouldnt open just because I open yahoo

I shouldnt auto signed into yahoo its set this way. Ididnt selcect this.

22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the old Emojis for crying out loud! Like the laughing face ":))"

Add the old Emojis for crying out loud! Like the laughing face :))"

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. DONT CHANGE SOMETHING THATS NOT BROKEN,WHY CHANGE IT FROM THE OLD YAHOO,SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU HAVE LOST THOUSANDS OF SUPPORTS

BRING BACK ROOMS WITH CAM,IF PEOPLE DONT LIKE IT THEN THEY DONT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring back

Bring back video and voice chats. That was so better if not good tiping or spelling

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Webcam support, colorfull smilies, and a way to delete users

Hi,

It would be nice, that you implement webcam. Maybe an idea for the next update?

And also an improvement of the smilies in the desktop app. At the moment, they are in black and white. i think most users prefer color.

And also a possibility to delete users from the desktop app. At the moment, the only way to delete users, is to login at the yahoo website.

20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. the new messenger is **** and useless no no fun. first u removed the chat room and now u give us ****

bring the old version back with more reliability and more fun. this one is **** and boring and dead and useless

13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Messenger Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base