Yahoo View

Welcome to the Yahoo View Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo View lets you watch your favorite current TV shows for free, all in once place. You can also go beyond the episode with clips, previews, behind-the-scenes videos and fan GIFs and memes.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

-The Yahoo View Team

How can we make Yahoo View even better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS

It's impossible to find anything on here with all the garbage filling the New Episodes section. There is no way to see which shows I watch have new episodes without having to search for each one of them individually.

Is anyone there actually going to make improvements?

26th ranked
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • FIX YOUR DAMNED ATTACHMENT ABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN"T ATTACH ONE THING TO ANY EMAIL THAT I HAVE TO SEND BECAUSE YOU WON"T ALLOW THE SELECTION FOR "SAVE AS". THAT MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO ATTACHMENT FOR ANYTHING THATY ISN"T GIF OR CLOUD <ETCV>>>> I WASTED THRREEE HOURS TYING TO GET THIS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31st ranked
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • ditch the side stories with meters. (who care what everyone else finds interesting anyway)

It would be nice to remove the side subjects with the stupid meter for popularity from comment page, They override my post because they pop up while I am clicking post, then moves me to new page of garbage.

31st ranked
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 26th ranked
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Thank you for adding Resume, now can you remove the shows I don't actually watch

Now we have the Resume Episode section Which I thank you all very much for adding.

What I've noticed is that there are shows on there I have no interest in. I suspect they are the shows that View has attempted to autoload. These are of no interest to me and only clog up the nice new Resume feature you have added.

Please consider limiting the Resume feature to shows we actually choose.

14th ranked
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • The original date and time of a TV episode

@ Hulu.com, when I put the cursor on a TV episode, there is a little pop-up that tells me the original date and time that it aired; and a brief description of what that episode is about. And when the episode is playing, there is also a button/link that if I put my cursor on it, there is a pop-up whether there is a next episode. I ask that those features are included here.

Thank.

17th ranked
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Ability to rate a movie as good, better, best, or worst with stars. such as one, two, three, four or five star rating.

I just watched a really good movie and want to be able to tell someone but there is no way to leave a comment and there also is no way to rate a movie as five stars for awesome. Please give viewers the ability to rate a movie so other viewers will know said movie is worth watching.

19th ranked
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • You guys definitely need to come out with Yahoo! View channel for my roku player and all other streaming devices even windows 10

You guys definitely need to come out with Yahoo! View channel for my roku player and all other streaming devices even windows 10

7th ranked
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 31st ranked
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• 30th ranked
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Missing Key Features

Just let the users define their own preferences for what they would like to view or be notified on!! whether it be by favoriting certain shows, or favorite actors, allow user to choose what categories they see when they first launch app! let them choose to only be notified when a specific actor uploads a new video to keep notifications to a minimum! and please add a disable option to stop it from auto playing the next in line video!!

11th ranked
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Keep track of where we are in a show!

It is difficult not to have any sort of queue to keep track of what we are interested in watching, but even more odd is that YahooView does not remember where we are IN a show - ! This is fairly basic, and does not seem to be complex coding. Now I have to actually bookmark a show if I have to stop watching before the end, with something like "Miranda 10:42" so I can try to approximate where I was before... It is a bit absurd.

3rd ranked
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • What is going on with the show? Is it over or will there be another season?

I suppose I could go elsewhere to find this info on each show... not all of us are intimately familiar with all of the shows we watch. Will it be returning next season? When? Was it discontinued? When? What was the final season & episode? How about a little info? And... for those of us that don't know every single show... what the heck is it about? A general overview, and then descriptions episode by episode.

25th ranked
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Please add a setting that allows one to choose not to automatically start playing the next episode of a show.

Please add a setting that allows one to choose not to automatically start playing the next episode of a show. If I fall asleep I don't like being woken up 3 hours later because videos are still playing, and I'm sure you don't like me taking up bandwidth all night for shows and adds I'm not watching. Thank you

5th ranked
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Please add story info when the cursor is rolled over the video image

Please have story info when the cursor is rolled over the video image

14th ranked
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Is there a way to disable the adds within the video that pop up when you pause the video?

The ads that pop up when pausing a video are super annoying. It's bad enough you include 3-5 blocks of commercials between each show. Is there a way to disable the other ads? If I wanted to watch THOSE shows I would. I don't need it brainwashed into cause I'm never gonna watch anything I don't want to watch. Do you hate the users that much that you feel the need to torture us this way? And is there a way to keep the video player from popping out the smaller player when we scroll down to get away from…

26th ranked
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • tv app

Can you please make a Yahoo View app for the Samsung Smart TV?

18th ranked
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• autoplay cancel button

I hate the auto play thing that slides down from the top after I watch a show. I watch a show full screen, it ends and it gives two options: watch again or goto hulu. I don't want either so I hit escape. It takes me back to the list and the auto-play thing slides down from top threatening to start some random video I don't want to see. There is no obvious cancel button. Only a minimize button which makes the panel slide away but it still plays the random video? Terrible user experience! I am very disappointed Hulu…

8th ranked
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• A queue and expiration dates

Have a queue like Hulu used to. Let us add episodes that we want and allow us to favorite shows so that new episodes are automatically added. Also have expiration dates on all things so we can plan our viewing experience.

2nd ranked
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • All home page headers should expand like some headers do

You are only offering people a keyhole as an entry point to your site if you don't EXPAND the scope of the person's drill down so it isn't so narrow.

So two suggestions:

First be sure it is very clear that header links vastly broaden the scope of choices of the drill down into the site. The ">" sorta works, but I only discovered it by chance a year after using the similar Hulu page many times....................................

Second ALL headers such as "POPULAR SHOWS" and "COMING SOON" should not just be text headers, but should be links like "GENRES >"…

31st ranked
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base