Yahoo View

Welcome to the Yahoo View Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo View lets you watch your favorite current TV shows for free, all in once place. You can also go beyond the episode with clips, previews, behind-the-scenes videos and fan GIFs and memes.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

-The Yahoo View Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Yahoo View even better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. A queue and expiration dates

Have a queue like Hulu used to. Let us add episodes that we want and allow us to favorite shows so that new episodes are automatically added. Also have expiration dates on all things so we can plan our viewing experience.

2nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. List my shows

Give me a way to make a list of my favorite shows and receive notifications of new episodes.

1st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  16 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep track of where we are in a show!

It is difficult not to have any sort of queue to keep track of what we are interested in watching, but even more odd is that YahooView does not remember where we are IN a show - ! This is fairly basic, and does not seem to be complex coding. Now I have to actually bookmark a show if I have to stop watching before the end, with something like "Miranda 10:42" so I can try to approximate where I was before... It is a bit absurd.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show Description on Mouseover

Give a show description when you put your mouse over the picture. Show the description over the picture(ex. thehiveworks.com) instead of a pop out(ex. Hulu.com) but have a button on bottom to give expanded details.

4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add a setting that allows one to choose not to automatically start playing the next episode of a show.

Please add a setting that allows one to choose not to automatically start playing the next episode of a show. If I fall asleep I don't like being woken up 3 hours later because videos are still playing, and I'm sure you don't like me taking up bandwidth all night for shows and adds I'm not watching. Thank you

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Alphabetical order for shows ~ !

When we finally get to the informative list of shows (e.g. "British / All Shows") they are in an impossibly random order, not at all helpful for people trying to see what you offer! Why not use the alphabet as you default sort? It has been done before, quite sucessfully...

6th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not working the whole site has been down for 2 days videos are no longer loading

Not working the whole site has been down for 2 days videos are no longer loading

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. You guys definitely need to come out with Yahoo! View channel for my roku player and all other streaming devices even windows 10

You guys definitely need to come out with Yahoo! View channel for my roku player and all other streaming devices even windows 10

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. June 5th and now June 6th, 2018 the sound does not work on Yahoo View. Please repair this issue.

The audio does not produce sound while attempting to watch ANY movies or shows on Yahoo View. Closed caption works fine, the video works fine too.
    Be advised this is the 2nd day that we have expeienced no audio available.

9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. autoplay cancel button

I hate the auto play thing that slides down from the top after I watch a show. I watch a show full screen, it ends and it gives two options: watch again or goto hulu. I don't want either so I hit escape. It takes me back to the list and the auto-play thing slides down from top threatening to start some random video I don't want to see. There is no obvious cancel button. Only a minimize button which makes the panel slide away but it still plays the random video? Terrible user experience! I am very disappointed Hulu…

9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. At the last 25 seconds of the video, the screen pops out into a tiny floating box, instead of staying full window. This sucks.

At the end of the video, when the screen pops out into a tiny floating box, and the video controls are cancelled except for "pause" and "X", the little window can't go back to full screen/window. This is the most annoying, stupidest thing I've ever seen, and only adds to frustration and my desire to never use this website again. Stop ruining my life by adding stupid frustrations, and start researching human psychology to figure out how to make people happy, instead of wanting to throw their mouse into the screen. Just because you change something because you figure out…

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full screen Mode

Have episodes switch to the next episode while using Full Screen Mode.
    Now the player just stops until you exit full screen mode.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Thank you for adding Resume, now can you remove the shows I don't actually watch

Now we have the Resume Episode section Which I thank you all very much for adding.

What I've noticed is that there are shows on there I have no interest in. I suspect they are the shows that View has attempted to autoload. These are of no interest to me and only clog up the nice new Resume feature you have added.

Please consider limiting the Resume feature to shows we actually choose.

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. scrolling buttons

your hoizontal lists on your first page has no side scrolling arrow buttons. like HULU has on thiers.
    It is nice to have common or popular videos in a list ...
    HOWEVER IF WE CANNOT LOOK THROUGH THEM WE WILL STOP WATCHING ANYTHING!
    not that the worst anti-consumer corporations in the USA (comcast, time warner, and verizon) realy care.
    If you want people to pay to subscribe to HULU and put more money in your pockets than just the millions$ in Add Revenue
    START DOING A BETTER JOB THAN AN AMETURE WEB DEWSIGNER DOES!!!!

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 16th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Separate Subtitled and Dubbed content

Currently on a page the subtitled and dubbed content are mixed together. They should be separated on the page or have it as a language option in the video settings.

16th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 18th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bug Report  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How do I watch?

How do I watch? Nothing plays

18th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Missing Key Features

Just let the users define their own preferences for what they would like to view or be notified on!! whether it be by favoriting certain shows, or favorite actors, allow user to choose what categories they see when they first launch app! let them choose to only be notified when a specific actor uploads a new video to keep notifications to a minimum! and please add a disable option to stop it from auto playing the next in line video!!

18th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base