Yahoo Newsroom iOS App

Yahoo Newsroom iOS App

Welcome to the Yahoo Newsroom Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo Newsroom let’s you keep up with the latest news while becoming a part of the conversation. Yahoo Newsroom gives you the ability to react to the stories that shape our lives. Follow only the things you’re interested in and be a part of the story as it unfolds. For a list of libraries used in Yahoo Newsroom, click here.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Newsroom?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Spellcheck

Please start using spellcheck before publishing articles. If you want to be taken seriously then publish professionally written and newsworthy stories.

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Yahoo News room global

I live in Canada and it will not let me download Yahoo news room since it’s only for the US please make it global

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My profile will show numbers but nothing shows in notifications

I can’t see responses to comments or likes/dislikes of comments

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Too much negativity

Every other story on the newsfeed seems like it’s about someone dying tragically. Enough with that ****. It’s not quality content.

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Yahoo News article

“SC restaurant manager pleads guiltily to enslaving disabled black worker”
    Please explain why race was part of the article? Other than to stir **** up, it was an employee, period, the manager was wrong and needs held accountable for his crime

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The new update is ****. Instead of reading the story it gives a video you have to scroll through Snapchat style and it doesn't even work.

The new update is ****. Instead of reading the story it gives a video you have to scroll through Snapchat style and it doesn't even work. When you attempt to turn up volume it keeps going back and forth on next story. Bad idea and even worse implementation

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Too many video articles!!!

Not a fan of all the videos for news articles as well as the ones you have to scroll through with all the music that needs to be turned down.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Articles lost while viewing when stories are updated

This has happened many times. I see an article that peaks my interest. I open said article. Before I get into it your whole system reloads the new stories for the day and replaces / removes the article I was interested in with another. Then I have to scour your feed to try and find the original article. You need to fix this. As a media supplier you should be more dillegent with allowing your readers to keep the article they have open until they close the story and not interrupt it mid stream while the person is reading it.

8th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Opt out of ANYTHING with a Kardashian in it.

Please, please provide an option to opt-out of ANYTHING that has the name “Kardashian” in it. We are sick and tired of these days obnoxious publicity hounds. I know this is like asking to opt out from advertising because those stories are paid to be run by their mother or their other LA publicists, but I can dream, can’t I?!

4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. What happened to the stories I marked as love and use to appear in my profile?

What happened to the stories I marked as love? They used to appear in my profile and are now gone

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Who selects your articles for publication?!

“MSNBC reports on meltdown in White House”. MSNBC is your trusted source?! Your liberal bias is nauseating

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Compact view with smaller images

Would be nice if there is an option to make the news feed more compact—maybe make the images smaller and on the side, so I can see more items at a glance without scrolling.

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Flexible news page for flexible text size

Your response to the “Font size” suggestion about changing font size in Settings has no effect on the news page—the text size remains the same. I am using iOS 11.1.2. However, I am able to use fingers to expand (like zoom-in) this Feedback Forum page and increase the text size. Please make news pages “zoomable” as well.

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. iphone x

The iPhone X has been released for almost a month now, and neither the Yahoo Newsroom app, nor the Yahoo Sports app have been updated. I used to use the Yahoo Newsroom app daily, however I have looked for alternatives now since the apps look hideous on the X. I have used the Yahoo Sports app since before it was purchased by Yahoo, as Sportacular, however now again I have had to download alternative apps because it has not been updated to the X. Please rush this update!!

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please Redo UI

The old version was intuitive though not very flexible. Regardless, I LOVED the old app and used it EVERY day. I like the idea behind some of the new features, but the new UI is completely unintuitive. As a result, the new app rarely behaves the way I expect an iOS app should. Please include gestural navigation and give more feedback to the user on where they are in their Feed, or Vibe. Can you please change the name Vibe to something less intentionally hip? When I want to share a news article, the pre-formatted text to non Yahoo users…

12th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please be a newsroom

Vibes appeared to be curated by laypeople such as "Danny boy". That's why I unfollowed all of them, including my own. Please be a Newsroom! With professional journalists, who curate and report the news.

10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Previews don't open in app

Notifications show on iOS but clicking on them only successfully opens app about 3% of the time to respond to post. Posting from PC almost always the same percent unsuccessful. Uninstalling does not fix Logging out does not fix. Going directly to app does not allow me to see what us trending.

13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add news sources to newsroom

Let people be able to search for and follow the news sources they want like Apple news and let them get news alerts

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Newsroom iOS App

Feedback and Knowledge Base