Yahoo Newsroom iOS App

Welcome to the Yahoo Newsroom Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo Newsroom let’s you keep up with the latest news while becoming a part of the conversation. Yahoo Newsroom gives you the ability to react to the stories that shape our lives. Follow only the things you’re interested in and be a part of the story as it unfolds. For a list of libraries used in Yahoo Newsroom, click here.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Newsroom?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Get rid of the comments section for each story. People are vile and disruptive in most replies.

Get rid of the comments section for each story. People are vile and disruptive in most replies. I want to read the news, not what a bunch of racist, sexist, politically incorrect morons have to say.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ad took the whole screen and I was effectively stuck

The ad took the whole screen and I was effectively stuck. It was an Walmart ad and I was reading an Ask Amy article.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please Redo UI

The old version was intuitive though not very flexible. Regardless, I LOVED the old app and used it EVERY day. I like the idea behind some of the new features, but the new UI is completely unintuitive. As a result, the new app rarely behaves the way I expect an iOS app should. Please include gestural navigation and give more feedback to the user on where they are in their Feed, or Vibe. Can you please change the name Vibe to something less intentionally hip? When I want to share a news article, the pre-formatted text to non Yahoo users…

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please be a newsroom

Vibes appeared to be curated by laypeople such as "Danny boy". That's why I unfollowed all of them, including my own. Please be a Newsroom! With professional journalists, who curate and report the news.

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make iOS notification permanent until purposefully cleared, not just when followed to the app.

Please make iOS notifications permanent until purposefully cleared. Right now the notification disappears when the link is followed to the app. The app is buggy and following a link does not always result in finding the posting, most times it is blank. Leaving the notification in place allows responding later when the app us working correctly.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Previews don't open in app

Notifications show on iOS but clicking on them only successfully opens app about 3% of the time to respond to post. Posting from PC almost always the same percent unsuccessful. Uninstalling does not fix Logging out does not fix. Going directly to app does not allow me to see what us trending.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Is there a way to just see articles from my vibes and not other news?

Is there a way to just see articles from my vibes and not other news?

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow videos to rotate to full screen

The app doesn't allow videos to play in full screen on rotate (landscape mode).

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add news sources to newsroom

Let people be able to search for and follow the news sources they want like Apple news and let them get news alerts

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reordering vibes we follow screen

Allow us to re order our vibes we follow list and/or offer options like Apple news app to automatically order by recently used or most used. Tired of scrolling down!

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why don't you have an edit link to make corrections on comments we make, most all other sites do including FB

Why don't you have an edit link to make corrections such as spelling etc in comments we make?

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Where are the news from India? I find only news outside from India but not from India.

The UI is really good but I can't find the news from India.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Newsroom iOS App

Feedback and Knowledge Base