Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Welcome to the Yahoo Newsroom Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo Newsroom let’s you keep up with the latest news while becoming a part of the conversation. Yahoo Newsroom gives you the ability to react to the stories that shape our lives. Follow only the things you’re interested in and be a part of the story as it unfolds. For a list of libraries used in Yahoo Newsroom, click here.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Newsroom?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I hate this new format. Put it back the way it was!!!

I hate the new format. Put it back the way it was!!!

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where did the notifications of replies and likes to my comments go? All I see are days old Breaking News headlines.

I used to be able to see replies and likes to my comments but all I get now is the same list of "breaking news" posts from a week ago. Changing the settings for my profile doesn't fix the issue. If this is an update it needs to go back to the previous one.

4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I get rid of the number by the that shows

How do I get rid of the number that shows by The Newsroom icon that shows the number of notifications

28th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why can I not see my posts anymore

Why can I not see my posts under vibes anymore? Bring back posts to the vibes.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rwmove images from notifications

Not a fan of pictures in notifications. Either get rid of it or allow an opt out in settings.

13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why did you take away easy access to reading feedback from posts?

Return easy access to read feedback from posts

30th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The new format doesn't list the news source

The old format included the news source, like Fox News, Huffpost, etc. I could skip stuff that I knew wasn't credible. Now I have to click on the article to see who published it. Please give me back the ability to filter out the garbage.

44th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. As of today all I see is breaking news, no post, no reactions, just breaking news. IS anyone working at Yahoo anymore.

As of today all I see is breaking news, no post, no reactions, just breaking news. IS anyone working at Yahoo anymore.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 26th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 50th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notification

Full sentences in notification bar are more likely to make me open the link. A partial sentence cut off in mid-word, followed by a picture is not informative! I usually skip these!

44th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pictures in push button notifications

Since you're now putting pictures in the android push button notifications, can you edit the headline to fit in the notification?

35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. comments

If your intention was to limit the number of comments on each article, congratulations you succeeded! Please stop fixing things that aren't broken and put the comments section back the way it was.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Your news feed is **** and totally bias. I'm done with you

I'm done. How can you possibly call yourself news with news posts that are totally one sided and bias. Not news this is propaganda

56th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Headlines

When you send notifications of new stories, my phone used to only show me the first 6 or so words of the headline, but would allow me to swipe down and read the entire headline so I could choose whether or not I wanted to read the article. Now swiping down opens a (usually irrelevant) picture and completely hides the headline. Does not make me want to use this app at all. I use a Droid Turbo running Android 6.0.1

35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. What is going on with Yahoo, I can't see my post, reaction. Has someone hacked into your system because it sure does seem like it .

What is going on with Yahoo, I can't see my post or reaction. Has someone hacked into your system because it sure does seem like it.

38th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. And again, I am not seeing reactions or comments to my comments.

Why do I have to keep commenting on here to get my votes on and replies to my comments on stories? And right after commenting right here, I suddenly start getting them again for about a day and they stop again. Then I have to go through this again.

50th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why did all the Sports and Science

WTF! This layout sucks! Where is the sports, science, and all the other sections! I'm using Google news now. Thanks for nothing!

67th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CCan not see thumbs up or down on my comments

Can not see thumbs up or down on my comments

40th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why do you show # of responses to my comments but no longer a way to see them???

Why do we see the # of replies to our responses but there is no way to see the actual comments???

67th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base