Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Welcome to the Yahoo Newsroom Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo Newsroom let’s you keep up with the latest news while becoming a part of the conversation. Yahoo Newsroom gives you the ability to react to the stories that shape our lives. Follow only the things you’re interested in and be a part of the story as it unfolds. For a list of libraries used in Yahoo Newsroom, click here.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Newsroom?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. pop up

While trying to read a news article the pop up replies are getting in the way. Pleas stop it....

65th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inappropriate ads

Some of the pics in your "sponsored" ads are inappropriate or downright disturbing. I keep using the drop menu and flagging them, but they keep coming up.

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop going to the first article after I read one and return to the news feed screen

Stop going to the first article after I read one and return to the news feed screen

41st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Posts won't post or disappear within minutes.

My posts chronicly will not post or disappear within minutes. My comments on OTHER people's posts do not have this problem, just initial reactions to articles. Please fix.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop being politically bias

You are not a news outlet. You are a liberal point of fake news.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Much ado about nothing.

Please give an option for smaller story headlines. I don't need all the pomp and circumstance circumstance circumstance of videos. Also hate the extra clicks it takes to load the stories. What did you do to my Yahoo?

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can I block specific publications like Huffington Post? If I can please let me know how. If I can't please add that feature.

I get that you guys are left leaning and that your algorithms are geared toward left leaning publications, but if I could just have the ability to block certain publications that are ridiculously biased, like Huffington Post, I would love that functionality. Let me know if it possible.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. News Roll

The top Headlines in the app news roll do not show up when clicked to read since update. They just show a paragraph and the rest of the story doesnt not appear. Please fix asap

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop having Rightwing conspiratorial sites as sources .

Why is it that your politics section contains nothing but rightwing articles. "Dannyboy" is like over halve of your articles. That's a rightwing delusion site. Have credible sites as sources, I'm tired of this.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Vibes are terrible.

I used to use vibes to quickly get to the type of news I was interested in. Now they are just full of random people posting whatever garbage they want. Most of it doesn't even belong in that particular category. Please fix this.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My picture is on an article about Devin Kelley!!

Take my picture off of the article about Devin Kelley's ex wife!!

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Where's the news?

What happened to the news? Now anyone can post anything and it looks like I'm scrolling a Facebook page. No thanks.

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Icon badges

I'm deleting your news app because I can't disable the new feature of showing icon badges on the app icon, and on the folder the app is in when not open. I hate those. I don't want to have to go in and delete them several times a day. And I'm too OCD to just ignore them

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need a Widget to come back

I love Yahoo News, however, on my Android I use Google News because they have a Widget. With the Widget, I can see what's important to me RIGHT THERE ON THE SCREEN! Because you all don't have a Widget, I have to be plagued by a million notifications or miss news because I can realisticly only check it once a day. PLEASE MAKE A WIDGET FOR YOUR NEWSROOM APP!!!

71st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cannot post replies

I cannot post a reply to a comment. Posts it back into original article comment section. Please fix. 4 days and counting.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Videos

When an article cites a video, you should show the video! The whole article describes the videos but you get to the bottom of the article and there's no video, no link to a video, not even pictures! Then I have to Google the video. Why not skip the middle man? I used to love Yahoo news. But Google is coming around. Yahoo just doesn't seem to have their **** together anymore. It's really disappointing.

71st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Be less slanted views on negativity regarding OUR PRESIDENT

Fair and factual news not on rummers and anonymous reports.

If it is opinions have it so noted and also have both sides of the thoughts represented.

Thanks for the opportunity to view my opin.

51st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 26th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please bring back News Digest

News Digest was a really good service for time-constrained people. It gave you top news in an easy format. Newsroom is nowhere near as useful and I plan to delete it, whereas I used News Digest religiously every day.

31st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 57th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Feedback and Knowledge Base