Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Welcome to the Yahoo Newsroom Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo Newsroom let’s you keep up with the latest news while becoming a part of the conversation. Yahoo Newsroom gives you the ability to react to the stories that shape our lives. Follow only the things you’re interested in and be a part of the story as it unfolds. For a list of libraries used in Yahoo Newsroom, click here.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Newsroom?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. To send a message

Send messages

74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please fix your comments section..

You comment on something and can never find it again.. Specially if replying to comments. No way to follow a conversation, can take hours to locate the comment again, usually give up first.. Used to love yahoo, bout to call it quits if they can't fix this horrible issue though.. Can't see it being a hard fix as every app in the world except this one does it flawlessly...

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. comments

when you delete a comment it would be nice to know why. comments deemed unacceptable for a certain reason should be have the reason explained. common courtesy please.

53rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post!

So that we can investigate this, can you please provide more detail on what you’re experiencing in the Yahoo Newsroom app? Are you referring to Comments in the Comment / Reactions section of Newsroom or specifically this Feedback Forum?

Any additional info would be helpful for us.

Thank you!
    Newsroom Support

4. STOP LETTING PEOPLE POST FAKE NEWS

Do you let anyone post stories on here without fact checking anything? I am beginning to see more and more fake news stories. If you don't check every story for accuracy before they are shown to millions if readers, it is very irresponsible of you as a news site. I am talking about the news stories Yahoo users can post on here. Some people are finding fake news articles from these weird websites and posting them on here. Please only allow actual, true news stories on Yahoo.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Comment Section

When someone replies to my comment, why can't you come up with a quick way for me to go straight to that reply? Why do I have to browse through all the other comments that were made after mine to find mine and then the reply? There has to be a shorter way. When I click on the link in the notification on the reply, I should be sent sent right to the reply. Please fix this ASAP. Thank you.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. *Constantly having problems with my newsroom

Keep getting an oops notification when trying to reload in my newsroom on the app.

46th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 61st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Turn off the posts at the bottom of the screen.

It should be possible to turn off the posts at the bottom of the screen that are continuously updating. It's distracting when reading the story.

66th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Washington post

Stop posting news from Washington post they want a paid subscription first.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Give a new dimension to the social website.

Create an individual profile with photograph of the individual account holder.Allow them to comment and review the current events.Allow them to upload photographs of their likings on nature,Gods,Family, community and of other social events with updates.Upload current political events of Southern countries such as India, Japan, Koriya and other countries.

66th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post!

So that we can investigate this, can you please provide more detail on what you’re experiencing in the Yahoo Newsroom app?

If you’re coming across any error messages or other issues, please let us know!

Thank you!
    Newsroom Support

14. Fix the comments

Fix the comments when you post a comment it doesnt stay. I've posted comments and when I go back to look they are not there.....

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Every time I am reading Yahoo Newsroom Android App, the page refreshes. This started some months ago where it did not before. This is very a

Why don't you stop refreshing the Yahoo Newsroom Android App. It's very annoying to read the articles going down and all of a sudden the page refreshes. I hope that you you can fix this in your next update? I'm sure others have reported as well.

Thanks, goderichgreg

39th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I have chosen to change my Yahoo nickname to something that I am now being called and yet it does not appear when I make maybe you should fi

My idea is this if you're going to allow people to change their nicknames it should actually change whenever they make a new comment not the old nickname I change my nickname to what I'm being called now how did the people I know no it's not somebody else maybe you should fix that not that you ever fix anything anymore you just keep the same **** and that's what everyone likes that's the new standard industries make something that's **** until everyone you have to accept it now because we're too lazy and useless to fix anything

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix the reply function.

Fix the reply so l can see replies to my posts.

12th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need a way to see comments when we get a notification.

Get the notification but comes up blank whenever I click it and no way in app to get to them.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Feedback and Knowledge Base