Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Welcome to the Yahoo Newsroom Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo Newsroom let’s you keep up with the latest news while becoming a part of the conversation. Yahoo Newsroom gives you the ability to react to the stories that shape our lives. Follow only the things you’re interested in and be a part of the story as it unfolds. For a list of libraries used in Yahoo Newsroom, click here.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Newsroom?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make it work. Period.

Make it Work period. None of the notifications I click on EVER load. And under explore there is NO LOCAL TAB FOR MY LOCAL STORIES. app is total garbage if it cant do the BASICS.

44th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add subtitle and CC to your videos...I'm deaf if if you have video news... Then they need CC

Please add subtitle and CC to your videos...I'm deaf if if you have video news... Then they need CC

74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I just changed my picture but yet it's not visible. .

I try to go to the Yahoo Newsroom Forum, via my Android but it keeps telling me, " Oops. Somethings gone wrong. Please try again." This has been occurring for a week. What can be done to correct this?

74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Finding articles

I can't comment on articles in the web page. It directs me to download the app. I go into the app and can't find the article. Who is developing and writing this horrible app??? You need an article search feature. And an easy way to get back to your own comments. That's what people want. I've already shied away from your app and have gone to twitter.

28th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. a feature to set news from india

News presently is only from USA . Provide a way to set the news from various countries.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The transition from yahoo.com to app is Brutal

I have the app but like layout on yahoo.com better. If I want to comment, it forces you to click "download app". As I stated I already have the app. Rather than opening the app to its starter stories, it should open directly to the article I would like to comment on.
    I tried locating the story using the exact title and it couldn't be found. This is basic stuff that I'm looking for to keep their services user friendly. Get it figured out yahoo.

53rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 66th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New app suck

Used to be able to sort by topic and share stories. Now its all one feed, a bunch of "trending" **** and everytime i try to share its just an invite to download your ****** app. Uninstalling. Sad.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. IMPOSSIBLE TO LOCATE THE STORY I WAS READING ABOUT AFTER CLICKING ON COMMENTS SECTION. WHY???????????

when I see a news article and then want to read the comments or submit one, I'm always taken to the app and have to open it. then I have to seach for eternity to find the article I was reading about. How is this an improvement? Worst app in the history of apps.
    SIMPLE QUESTION YAHOO:
    if I'm on the news page and I click on the comments section, how do I find it in less than an hour...if at all??????????
    This is insanely rediculous. Why does it take me to the app and require opening it EVERY TIME.…

53rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Redundancy

Your repetition of the same info in your articles is getting old. Kindly refrain. If you have nothing new to report, don't. It's getting tiresome.

61st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More instructions for even exp

More steps to where you've gotta go.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Go back to old comment format

Go back to old comment format with thumbs up and down counts. You have already lost me as one who uses Yahoo as my start page. Stop fixing what isn't broken.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Quit auto playing videos

Quit auto playing videos

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. why don't actual articles show when shared to facebook. the same generic shows.

instead of the generic yahoo logo the actual atricle should post on shares.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop turning on notifications.

Dont change this setting when updates happen.

12th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How about quit the practice of deleting reactions that didnt break any agreed code of conduct. Reactions that differ from mainstream belief

As above.....censorship is not the answer. It enboldens and causes the exact opposite the desired effect. In short term these tatics work however they build up a big blow back. Truth eventually will surface.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enjoy the yahoo app, when I first got it was working great. Now when it notifies me of a local story, nothing is there. How can I get that

Enjoy the yahoo app. Both local and national news stories were working fine. Now when the cell notifies me of a local story, the story is NOT there.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give option to hide comment section entirely

For unknown reasons, yahoo's comment section is usually flooded with "trolls" and contrary to popular belief but kids actually view this app. Make it to where the comment section can be turned off in the settings

4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Feedback and Knowledge Base