Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Welcome to the Yahoo Newsroom Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo Newsroom let’s you keep up with the latest news while becoming a part of the conversation. Yahoo Newsroom gives you the ability to react to the stories that shape our lives. Follow only the things you’re interested in and be a part of the story as it unfolds. For a list of libraries used in Yahoo Newsroom, click here.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Newsroom?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Simplify

Why is it so complicated to search for a story? The **** with a vibe. I just want to type and get the article. Plus why is is so complicated to see what people responded to a comment I made in an article. I just want to click see and keep it moving. Too much thinking involved.

57th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 72nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix responses again

Give me an idea of a better news feed. Your fix on replies did not work. I had to pay more for data trying to find comments.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search news stories

When I see an article on yahoo.com I cannot search for the article in the app. The only search feature is for vibes... search should be for articles not vibes... whatever "vibes" are...

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 41st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 39th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 52nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Comment sorting

When looking at the comment replies show the oldest comments first so you do not have to scroll all the way to the bottom and then read from the bottom up

60th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Your app sucks the life out of my battery. Why does it consume more power than my screen??? Also, backing out of a story takes me back top

Fix why your app drains my battery. Also when I back out of a story, sometimes it goes all the way back to the first story, forcing me to scroll back through dozens of stories.

47th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Get rid of comments!

Get rid of the comments... They serve no useful purpose.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show list of my comments and replies.

This was easy on yahoo Web.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I'd like to mark articles that I've read or swipe away

I'd like to mark articles that I've read or be able to swipe them away when I'm done with them.

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 22nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Your news feed blows

Mostly pop culture ********. The worthy news articles are few and far between, and the few pop culture articles I do check out never have the pictures or content that the headline says. It ******* sucks in a nutshell

26th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Go back to last story read not top of page

It's annoying to have to scroll down each time I hit the back button. I just want to go back to where I left off.

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it easy to edit a post after posting. The nly option I see is delwte

Sometimes I post on an article from my cellphone and after posting realize there are alot of errors. I would like to click on the three dots and have an edit option as of now I only see a delete option.
    If I write a few paragraphs the way its set up now my whole post gets deleted and I have to start over from scratch.

26th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Yahoo en español

No logro que Yahoo salga en español

101st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Just give me a simple page I control like you had 6 months ago

Why do you insist on scrolling all this mouth-breathing ****. Just let me pick the news I want without animations

60th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. **** yahoo..even trying to post an idea is an aggravating task..took me 15 ****** mins to write this...edit better minimize typos morons

pay me 20$ an hour to edit your stories, literally every single one has some sort of spelling or grammatical error, you look like you hire a bunch of 3rd graders to write for you, get back to me...help me help you

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Feedback and Knowledge Base