Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Welcome to the Yahoo Newsroom Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions, provide feedback and let us know about any bugs you’ve encountered.

Yahoo Newsroom let’s you keep up with the latest news while becoming a part of the conversation. Yahoo Newsroom gives you the ability to react to the stories that shape our lives. Follow only the things you’re interested in and be a part of the story as it unfolds. For a list of libraries used in Yahoo Newsroom, click here.

We appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Newsroom?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. D o NOT turn on notification by default.

If i want to turn on notification, i will do it myself, i don't like apps which by default turn it on.

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Just give me a simple page I control like you had 6 months ago

Why do you insist on scrolling all this mouth-breathing ****. Just let me pick the news I want without animations

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo en español

No logro que Yahoo salga en español

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Traduction en FRANÇAIS

Il faut mettre YAHOO en francais

66th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When I unfollow a vibe I don't want to continue to see news for that vibe.

Can not unfollow a subject, still shows up in your feed. For example I'm sick and tired of the election and I don't want to hear anything else about it. It keeps showing up on my news page.

24th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. **** yahoo..even trying to post an idea is an aggravating task..took me 15 ****** mins to write this...edit better minimize typos morons

pay me 20$ an hour to edit your stories, literally every single one has some sort of spelling or grammatical error, you look like you hire a bunch of 3rd graders to write for you, get back to me...help me help you

74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More robust controls. I want to hold a conversation with someone and be notified if they reply.

Replies, notifications of replies, and bring the thumbs down back.

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Too many sponsored ads no news

Too many sponsored ads

20th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disable reposting

Reposting of articles must stop now! People are posting articles in vibes that have no relation to the article. It is a frustrating waste of my time to have to have to wade through, for example, reposted sports and politics articles in the Nature vibe. Besides, reposted articles are pollution--I don't want to be forced to see them, as I most likely have already seen them, and, sorry, I don't find much significance in others' reposted articles. In summary, the repost feature is dumb and only serves to diminish the quality of the app. Please eliminate it altogether.

37th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To be able to set notifications when a new news story comes through

You can't sent a notification too let you know when there is a new news story.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 66th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi team NZ news please

Hi guys are u up to covering NZ news as u already cover our weather ool Chick

74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Today's Nov 26 news doesn't work

Find out why no news copy from all sources cannot be seen. Just my Samsung G5 phone, maybe? I do rely on Yahoo for a balanced news feed.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Regional news

I am not getting my regional news. I am getting whole world news except my country. There must be more card in explore like regional and language specific news.

10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Some stories become dim and are hard to see

I just updated my yahoo app and some stories will dim after you open them. Not the whole screen but just the story. Not sure what's going on with it but it's extremely frustrating. I hope this is fixed quickly

48th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow followed vibes to be re-ordered.

Please allow the various news categories (vibes) to be reorganized on the "Following" page.

52nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Newsroom app stinks

New app stinks. Cannot find the feeds that I was following. Put it back or I will find another news source. You're not the only one to go to.

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep the posts in order... hv to see the same thing over and over w new stories tucked btw

Keep the posts in order...hv to see the same things over and over again w new stories tucked in btw

25th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Newsroom Android App

Feedback and Knowledge Base