New Mail Beta

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail Beta. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail Beta experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve the New Mail Beta?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop the videos from being displayed when you empty a folder - Especially when they started automatically

Stop the videos from being displayed when you empty a folder - Especially when they started automatically

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It is a bad bad bad idea to force people to add the extension!

I was suggested to add the extension so the ad on e-mail margin would disappear. I clicked Maybe later and no matter how many times I click the upgrade button remains. It is a bad idea to force an upgrade. I am a 20 plus year user but still rather not use Yahoo Mail than being forced into any type of action.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  35 comments  ·  Feature Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email screen won't hold still.

Email screen won't hold still, keeps jumping up and down.

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  175 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  361 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Quit trying to change things that were working.

Do away with the message asking to show original message. Now instead of just selecting the message you have to do another step of selecting on the show original message. When will you guys ever learn? If something is working "DON"T" change things!!!

8th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  59 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hate the new format. It is very hard to find attachments. When you control "attachments"emails without attached docs come up

I agree with another user: You should be able to click on the attachment paperclip and it should take you to the bottom of the email. That's how the old email worked. It's a pain in the button to have to scroll to the bottom of an email, especially if it's a long one with many forwards. This is a very common thing too, so it's very irritating to have to do it

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Feature Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If you have checked a ton of emails to get rid of and then you click on one to open, the others should remained checked for deletion.

Please make it so that if you have checked emails in your inbox and then you (inadvertently) click on one to open (instead of delete), please keep the others checked for deletion. Having to recheck the boxes is annoying.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 28th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it easy to add new email contacts to address book.

What happened to my contacts list?

24th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  44 comments  ·  Feature Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 33rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need more colors and backgrounds!!!

Themes like Add-Ons Themes in Firefox.
    Too dead looking.
    >^..^<

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  377 comments  ·  Feature Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Emails seem to lockup more than your original system

System locks up more often than the previous email system

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  259 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I can't view my drafts

I can't view my drafts

12th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  120 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please allow me to change the width of the columns. The Mail Folders column on the left is too narrow.

Please allow me to change the width of the columns. The Mail Folders column on the left is too narrow. I keep trying to grab the edge and make it wider so that I can actually see the names of my folders. That would relieve a lot of annoyance on my part. Thanks!!

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  128 comments  ·  Feature Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Deleting emails:

Previously, when deleting a group of emails at once, upon clicking on the box above the upper pane, Yahoo mail would automatically check 50 emails at-a-time - only - for deletion. This was good for two reasons: 1. It kept the user from having to delete one email at-a-time when there were dozens to be deleted, and 2. It kept the user from automatically checking ALL of the emails in their inbox for deletion at once. Please set up the new Yahoo mail with the same default 50-email checkbox.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  62 comments  ·  Feature Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I am no longer able to copy an email address

in the older version I could copy an email address and move it to another site but I am unable to do that in the beta version, please bring that back

26th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Feature Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Inefficient use of space

The blue area at the top, with the search bar and the yahoo logo takes up a lot of space on the screen. Also, the list of folders on the left are spaced too far from each other. The result is that my email folders aren't visible to me without scrolling down whenever I want to see them. Seems that making better use of the screen would allow more folders to be visible.

Another option would be to allow swapping the order of folders and views (views below folders.

7th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  141 comments  ·  Feature Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. vertical scroll does not work

The vertical page scroll function does not work! When you try to move an email to a folder, the vertical scroll function does not work

36th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Printing

This is the worst version that I have ever seen for e-mail give me back my old version. Can't print with out opening the e-mail bad idea.

59th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search function doesn't work.

After entering keywords in the search box, the results always come up with "An error occurred while trying to fetch the items in this list," with an option to "Retry" that similarly doesn't work. This occurs whether searching for mail, photos, or documents. It has ever only ever worked for me once out of maybe 20 search attempts.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base