How can we improve Yahoo Finance Portfolios?

Bring over ALL data from previous format.

GO back to previous version or I'm sure many people will go to another platform

82nd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MikeMike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for returning us to one of the usable formats. The current format is better than your recent crazed escapade because you have now returned us to our own ability to customize the data we need in our portfolios. Thank you.

As thousands of your users said, "QUIT fixing things that are not broken." I sincerely hope this will stick in your minds this time because last time you screwed us over WITH NO NOTICE WHATSOEVER, I actually READ word-for-word several thousand of the complaints, and I gleaned from them ALL the alternative website suggestions where we could go as 'refugees' from Yahoo Finance. I will not hesitate to share them with Yahoo Finance users if that becomes necessary AGAIN.

I would also like to ask you to consider going back even further in time and go to the stock evaluation sheet that you used BEFORE the current one. You used to have an excellent ONE-PAGE evaluation sheet with ALL the data on it that one would quickly need when evaluating a potential stock purchase or sale. Your current 'statistics' page is almost the same, but requires lots of scrolling due to tremendous wasted space on the page (because it's double spaced!) Thank you for considering this modification to go BACK to an earlier version of the statistics page.

Also one of the most hilarious things I have EVER seen as part of a stock evaluation is your current 'profile' page that has a MAP showing where the stock's headquarters is located. Are people actually ASKING for that sort of data when they evaluate a company??

Thank you for helping us get back to normal.

Restore ALL custom views, not just the first one created. Restore all column choices available in previous version. Ensure ALL available data is presented for each holding in portfolio; div/share data is displayed for some holdings not for other holdings.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My custom view disappeared, search does not work, news dont work - it seems the time is to GET AWAY from Yahoo to another application

Yahoo Finance: You have given us the opportunity (in the past) to create customized information formats for our portfolios. We LOVED this idea and took advantage of the FREEDOM to format as we wished. I created over 50 individual portfolios to watch. I spend hours --hundreds of hours each year -- working with the material I have imput. It is NOT A GAME. So, now WHY have you ripped away our ability to customize by inputting your own **** idea of what we need to know?? Please return those of us to the OLD self-directed format style that WE CUSTOMIZED. You have literally STOLEN from us -- your loyal users. You have thrown our time and effort in the trash can WITHOUT our permission.

• Mark ClarkMark Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to my custom views? Without those, there is no advantage to Yahoo Finance.

Go back to the old version!! After editing the view to try to replicate what I had before, i found I couldn't easily take in the information because the columns were too spread out. Several days later, my new view seems to have disappeared. I'll give this a few more days. If no improvements, I'm going elsewhere. It was fine before. Why ***** it up????

Feedback and Knowledge Base