How can we improve Yahoo Finance Portfolios?

Add an "edit portfolio" button to make it easier to do so.

Add a big "edit portfolio" button to the options to make it easier to see how to edit.

18th ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

105 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Loafer Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore the "edit portfolio button" . The site is practically useless without it. What were you thinking?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just go back to the old system and leave it alone. Worked great before you made it better. Sucks now.

• Melvin Peterman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where did the "edit" button go? I get a monthly distribution from my portfolio, but now I can't adjust the number of shares. This feature is worthless because it gets more outdated every month! Give us an "edit" button!!! You really messed this thing up.

• Mary Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How am I supposed to delete a stock that is no longer in my portfolio? Bring back the previous "system". Why do we have to fix something that is not broken? My theory is that the new hire has to find something to change in order to justify his/her salary.

• Jules Wagman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There used to be an "edit holdings" button and I could change the number of shares in my pofrtfolio. That has disappeared and I cannot figure out how to change the njumber of shares I have in stocks and mutual funds.

There is an absolute need to be able to delete a lot without deleting the whole symbol.

• Bob Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who ever approved the changes should be fired. Yahoo has a history of retaining incompetent executives. The lack of accountability for this mess is astounding.

Can anyone recommend a good financial site to track my portfolio?

• Morton Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Useless without an EDIT PORTFOLIO button or a method to enter to ENTER COMPLETE DATA on new purchases. Because of this I'm looking for another site to enter my portfolios.

Editing is impossible. I can enter a new symbol but it doesn't save my shares although it says it is saved.

this new sheet is sheet

no visible edit function

extremely difficult to use

go back to old sys

I have super problems regarding updating and revising portfolios.

Put instructions on portfolio as to how to update and eliminate positions.

I agree. I'm having trouble adding info to new portfolio entries (like trade date, or number of shares).

I must be missing something obvious. I can add a stock, but not other info.

To make comprehensive changes to the system and provide no instruction as to how it now works is foolish. To say you're 'gathering information' about the issue after so many complaints is disingenuous. How long will it take to get instructions how users can make the new portfolios work? They're really of no use now.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base