How can we improve Yahoo Finance Portfolios?

Add an "edit portfolio" button to make it easier to do so.

Add a big "edit portfolio" button to the options to make it easier to see how to edit.

21st ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this new sheet is sheet

no visible edit function

extremely difficult to use

go back to old sys

I have super problems regarding updating and revising portfolios.

Put instructions on portfolio as to how to update and eliminate positions.

I agree. I'm having trouble adding info to new portfolio entries (like trade date, or number of shares).

I must be missing something obvious. I can add a stock, but not other info.

To make comprehensive changes to the system and provide no instruction as to how it now works is foolish. To say you're 'gathering information' about the issue after so many complaints is disingenuous. How long will it take to get instructions how users can make the new portfolios work? They're really of no use now.

Today, the portfolio format is changed to the default template (I suppose) without any reason. I cannot even find an Edit button to add back what items I really want to see. The new version is more confusing and not friendly for user.

• mcasmcas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Editing the portfolio is a complete nightmare. Why make it so hard?

I can't edit or update my portfolios this has become worthless to me as a monitoring tool

I can delete everything but the symbol of the stock holding. It is no longer necessary to have it in my list of stocks.

• Michael WymanMichael Wyman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't edit my accounts at all anymore. Nor can I add buy/sell information for new stocks I buy. What gives? Is there some secret method in this new format?

• nana43nana43 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can delete an entry in a portfolio on my computer as suggested (by "mousing" on entry and selecting the "x" that pops up), but "mousing" does not work on my iPad Air 2 and I can not find any other way to delete. As for "mousing", hardly intuitive - Yahoo really needs a comprehensive "Help" section or better yet, a tutorial for how to use the new version.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't delete a symbol when I sell a holding. There used to be an delete a symbol button, now there's not. There used to be an X out to the right where I could delete the whole line, now there's not. Frustrating as my portfolio changes and I can't change this.

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you add a symbol to your portfolio you can no longer add the details.Number of shares,price,date of purchase etc.This new format is no longer of any use to me without
    this facility.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base