Flickr - Profile

We’ve launched a completely redesigned Flickr Profile page experience on desktop called About. Your About page introduces new design and functionality, and brings you even more ways to customize how you present yourself and your photography to the world. With this update, we’ve simplified navigation and made the About tab much more visible on the Flickr site.

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback specific to the Flickr Profile. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve the Flickr Profile Page?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Showcase images selected view, let me rearrange the order of how images are displayed

It appears I have no control of how images are displayed in the showcase so I would like to be able to rearrange the order of images selected, which could be done in the selected view by dragging images to the order I want them presented.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For the show case, images are displayed in the order you selected them. We will keep your idea open for the desire to be able to move them into the order you want without having to un-select them all and re-select in the order you wish for them to appear.

Thank you!
    Flickr Support

2. 2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The number of "popular" photos

Before the change each category of popular photos (faves, views, interesting, comments, had 100 photos. Here you have cut it down to 25. Can it be adjusted back to 100?

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The About page is missing a few things

The about page is missing if the other user is following you, if they list you as a Friend or Family.

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show the entire description by default. Don't force us to click "Read more".

I have a relatively short text about me, so clicking "read more" doesn't reveal any new text, just eliminates the annoying semi-transparency in the bottom half of the description.

4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 8th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. u can not see the friends of your friend,like the old site

post the friends of the person u are friends with,like the okd flickr

7th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Now how to find out what of my images recently reached a certain number of views?

Like for what can get added to the 'Views 5000' group for instance. These photos are never among my first 25 most viewed photos, as they are viewed more than that. Figuring this out by clicking each of the thousands photo individually is way too tedious!

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The Block User Option

This needs to be on the photo stream page. The first page you see when you see who added you or faved your photos. Tired of the free loaders not posting photos and following us and faving our photos. We're blocking them all

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want Aviary back!

There is no picture editior any more, and that very, very bad! I pay for my flickr pro account and I want it as it was some month ago: complete and working!

12th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let us showcase albums as well as photos!

It would be great to be able to promote albums and collections as well as photos. Pleeeeease let us do this! That would be awesome!!

13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. For the PC website profile page, there is too much white space for my taste.

All the space makes too much scrolling to read the info. I prefered the text column on one side, where one could read all that in one view.
    However, the About link is better, as access was hidden before.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You left out the gender, taken, open, location, in the bio section.

add the whole bio section like it was before the "improvements".

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. One of the nice things about the old profile page was how quickly it loaded. The new one loads very slowly and not fully without refreshing

My first experience with it. I've tried to load a page three times and it won't load completely. What good is that?

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Preview button and profile view as others see it.

'About' takes me to the profile editing page when I'm logged in. If I want to view my profile as others see it, I have to log out in order to do that. Please provide a view of the 'About' page as others see it while I am logged in.

Secondly, please provide a Preview option when editing the Description like you do for Discussion posts in Groups.

19th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It seems a lot of time has been spent that could have could have been used better bringing back the Aviary (or similar) editing feature.

The Aviary editing program has been disabled for months and you spend time on the profile page !!!
    Please bring back the Aviary (or similar) editing feature !

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. differentiation between active and non-active users? There should be a way to see how active the user is. Wi

With the new Beta version I'm missing this completely. In the old one you could tell from the view on the contact profile view, were the latest contacts showed. Now you only see the alphabetical contact list without knowing which one came in last. Well the contact view is not the thing. But something like the last login date or something like that. Or if messages have been read. regards Mike

19th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Flickr - Profile

Feedback and Knowledge Base