New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have lost all my contacts today. There is no one.. What yahoo made with them?

I have lost all my contacts today. There is no one.. What yahoo made with them?

1623rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Contacts should stay on the main mail page.

It's mail. I shouldn't have to open up a new browser tab.

18th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  55 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I get back to the old contact system? The new one is useless!

How do I get back to the old contact system. The new one is useless!

1623rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. KEEP THE FORMER METHOD OF ADDING NEW CONTACTS

Keep The Former Method For Adding New Contacts
    It was easy to add new contacts when all I had to do was scroll over the new email address and click on Add Contact. A window opened with the name and email address already there. Yahoo Mail is starting to look more like Gmail. That is not an improvement. I receive emails from new people almost daily. Please keep the good features you had and make it better from there. When you discontinue a useful feature you are creating more work and inconvenience for the people who are using the tools…

213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The new contact list email setup is absolutely WORTHLESS!!!!! The old way was better. CHANGE IT BACK

Put it back the way it was. When I pull an address from the to field to put it in the BCC field it used to disappear from the to field and now it doesn't. FIX IT

465th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NO NO NO!!!!!

We don't want "quick contacts" This is not an improvement.

Just give us what we want! PLEASE!!!
    I don't understand. Are you all < 18? > 80?

Do you not pay 1 second of attention to what your PAYING customers are saying? What the heck is going on at Yahoo??

454th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alphabetizing the contact list, and the other lists, would be helpful. Not many of us have memorized email addresses.

Alphabetizing the contact list, and other lists, by the last name ould be helpful. Having the contacts alphabetized by emails is not helpful at all.

680th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Quit re-populating my contact list with contacts I have deleted. Leave them deleted!

When I delete a contact, I want it to stay deleted, not have you bring it back! Very frustrating.

899th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When the pandemic is over I will have my folders moved to gmail Your constant insistence on getting rid of ad blockers is over the top.

Instead of foisting new untried ideas on your clientele, why don't you have people try them out for awhile. Because every time you change things, you make them worse. Right now I lost most of my emails again lost my italics, lost my fonts, lost EVERYTHING. I cannot think of one reason I should stay with Yahoo. When the pandemic is over, this computer is going to a shop and I will have my folders put into a gmail account.

1319th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. print one list in contacts

I want to print one list of contacts. The only thing that will print is my entire contact file, not just one list. I've had to switch back to the Basic email to do this, but then when I try to use Basic to email a list of contacts, the list will not appear and I have to switch back to New email. I am very frustrated. Do I need to take my account elsewhere?

543rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to sort email contacts by last name. It's now a safety issue!

Email contacts in Yahoo mail NEED the ability to be sorted by last name. I understand that younger users and really older users only need the first name. In this age of Corona Virus it is actually a SAFETY ISSUE not being able to do this. Somebody on your list as Robert Smith could be listed under "r" for Robert, or "b" for Bob at opposite ends of the alphabet. Yahoo needs to be viable for professionals as well as high school students and senior citizens.

1319th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new contact list update is super confusing.

It doesn't alphabetize any of the lists and is really hard to read or find any contacts you're looking for.

543rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Alphabetize by last name

I want contact list alphabetized by LAST names not first names.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1623rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Where are the contacts?

Every time I try to access my contacts, the mail system opens a new window and takes me back to the old version of Yahoo. This is very annoying.

Also, something weird has been happening with my mail lists. I haven't changed a thing, but suddenly one of my longer list is missing about 30 addresses. I just tried to send out an email to one of my lists with about 10 people on it. Only 5 people actually received the email, despite me very carefully checking to see that I had clicked on the appropriate email list. Again, very…

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  418 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Last name first is how all my lists appear except for Yahoo Mail which does not have this function!

Last name first is how all my lists appear except for Yahoo Mail which does not have this function! Please add it.

1623rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CONTACT LIST

You new system sucks. I have a different contact list on my "Desktop Computer", My Phone and Ipad. too much trouble trying to combine them. Then your systems keep adding people and business who send me an email and I "DO NOT WANT THEM AS A CONTACT". BUT YET THE SYSTEM KEEP ADDING THEM.. iT SUCKS STOP IT.

1319th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. email groups

You need to be able to click on a contact and see what lists (or groups) they are a part of. I have groups of 40 to 50 contacts that sometimes need to be moved from one list to another, but I have no way of knowing what lists a contact is on without reading through all of the contacts in each of my 5 lists.

654th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search contacts by email addess

How do you search contacts by email address?

2233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Contact list

Please go back to the old contact list where it was alphabetical for last name 1st and I cannpot change a person from a members list to ordinary list Nor can I add new members to my members list The old system was great because when a person no longer wanted to be a member I could revert them to just contacts Now I have no way to move them only contacts When I do a mail out for members only I have to go to a printed sheet and do each one individually. I will eventually move to another…

1623rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base