New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Former CONTACTS was much BETTER and User Friendly

TOO SLOW also NOT convenient, cannot ADD "ADDITIONAL or MORE INFORMATION" to the "CONTACTS", just NAME and EMAIL...NO Birthday/Address/Phone/Notes/Business Info/Other Emails/Website, etc...When you guys make changes and/or create "NEW Yahoo Mail UPGRADES"...You guys seem to SKIP or FORGET Important "DETAILS"...Like NOT thoroughly thought through or more like HALF-ASSED...Yahoo! Used to be WONDERFUL FOR MANY YEARS...then...lately...DOWN THE TUBES!!!...What happened??? I really prefer the OLDER VERSION,
    this one SUCKS and SLOW!!!...

381st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can no longer access my contacts personal data

I can no longer access MY contacts & the personal information associated with that contact. Address, birthdays, anniversary etc.
    Why has that disappeared ??
    What is the point of storing data if we can no longer access it from our
    contacts list ??? WTH ??

456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. deleted unread emails

I have over 150.000 unread emails. I can only delete 100 or so at a time, so this would take me forever. I would like for tech support to delete these for me. The email on my cell phone is trying to download all of these which makes it completely unfunctional.

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop automatically adding to contacts the addresses of email I send.

There used to be an option to automatically add or not an address for the person you are sending an email too. This is no longer an option. Frustrating as I constantly need to delete unimportant contacts..

1479th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't Upload From A CSV File

Why is there no option to import contacts from a CSV file? Or a "Create Group" feature? We are a small business trying to expand and can't even do something as simple as import a contacts list into our new mailing system. Please allow us to import contacts from a CSV, I think Yahoo is the only site that won't let you.

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Contacts and filter - Yahoo needs to work on the yahoo mail usabiliy

Problems with Yahoo user friendliness

1. Contacts: Unable to disable automatically adding contacts from emails to contacts list:
      This is a problem because I don’t want all the vendors and everyone cc’ed on an email added to my contacts list. It makes the contacts list unusable because there are so many names to weed through.

2. Contacts: Unable to delete contacts in bulk. There are so many outdated contacts in the contacts folder. To delete each contact manually requires about 4 clicks. This is unnecessarily burdensome. It makes contacts unusable for the reason stated above.

3. Contacts: There is no way to sort…
    1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. forced survey

Dear Yahoo if you dont remove your so called survey in order to see and make comments I will close my yahoo account and go to Goode/microsoft it is censorship pure and simple

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Thunderbird has a pop up window that contains all of your email addresses (contacts) when you start to compose or forward an email. It's ver

Thunderbird has a pop up window that contains all of your email addresses (contacts) when you start to compose or forward an email. It's handy when sending to numerous addresses with different first names. Would you please add that to Yahoo mail? It is the only shortcoming I have with Yahoo mail.

James Birke

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how to sort contacts by last name

Please permit listing contacts by last name alphabetically - especially the list that pops up when forwarding a message and clicking on "To" or "CC" or "BCC"- PLEASE - I am on bended knee praying for last name listing of Contacts

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. why can't I add someone in my address book to a list?

why can't I add someone in my address book to a list anymore?

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Contacts Information Field is now Invisible--Where is the CONTACT "Notes" Field?

Contacts Information Field is now Invisible--Where is the CONTACT "Notes" Field? Give us back our data--PLEASE!!!

446th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow alphabetizing a list by last name .

Allow Alphabetizing contacts in a list by last name. First name is illogical.

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm not receiving emails

I'm waiting for an email from Netflix for the change password but it's been more than 20hours I haven't received any email. Please help

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. You should have a way to delete multiple contacts fro address book.

You should make an easier way to select multiple contacts from address book so we can delete them. A check box on the side would be helpful; like how you delete multiple emails.

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Last name first is how all my lists appear except for Yahoo Mail which does not have this function!

Last name first is how all my lists appear except for Yahoo Mail which does not have this function! Please add it.

1250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One big improvement would be not to lose my contacts list. What do I do now?

All this stuff means nothing if you make my contacts list go away.

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice if I could see my contact list in the new mail. But you only have it for me in basic mail.

It would be nice if I could see my contact list in the new mail. But you only have it for me in basic mail.

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. missing mail contacts

Guess what Yahoo users, on 09032020 my contacts list disappeared in yahoo mail and when I clicked in the TO: and started typing my contacts didn't come up. I attempted to contact yahoo and yahoo is unreachable. even when I fill out the missing contacts form and using yahoo's date to revert contacts too...using yahoo format it says improper format and will not submit form. I figured it out. If you use any browser email ad blockers turn them off and your contacts come back. Yahoo takes away your access to your stored contacts if you BLOCK ADS. I really…

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Yahoo Mail wouldn't be so incredibly lame if it didn't lose 25 years of my contacts today.

There is no description for the ineptness on display by Yahoo.

2617th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base