New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It's better make the last name first! It will easier to find the contact! The old contact is better the this new one!

It's better make the last name first! It will easier to find the contact! The old contact is better the this new one!

588th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search contacts by email addess

How do you search contacts by email address?

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You added problems with new contacts on the right side. Maybe it's time to reinvent your mission, vision and concept?

Dear Yahoo! Mail,

I am your user since 2003. I had a chance to switch to Gmail, but their contacts and other features made me unsatisfied.
    However, it seems that you do not understand what EMAIL business is. First, it looks like you do changes without any concept. Like you just do what users say (by the voting system which is also strange). Second, it looks like you do not want to earn money from the mail service.
    Let me explain, and I feel your data, which I hope you analyze, confirms my thoughts.
    Only in USA, there are 8…

544th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Contact list

Please go back to the old contact list where it was alphabetical for last name 1st and I cannpot change a person from a members list to ordinary list Nor can I add new members to my members list The old system was great because when a person no longer wanted to be a member I could revert them to just contacts Now I have no way to move them only contacts When I do a mail out for members only I have to go to a printed sheet and do each one individually. I will eventually move to another…

1641st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 485th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. number of contacts in a list

How do I determine the number of contacts in a list? The old system provided the number of contacts in a list.

598th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can't add email addresses to contacts with a spreadsheet

Please give us a way to import an email list in .csv format to contacts

1138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Contacts list does not find contacts

Update an email address for existing Joe Bob.
    Add Joe Bob to a new email in TO field
    Yahoo does not find Joe Bob in my contacts list, even tho I just updated his email addr 10 seconds prior.

1641st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CONTACTS REMAINS UNWORKABLE

Contacts hard to find, edit, alter:

IT MAKES NO SENSE TO HAVE CONTACTS LISTED BY FIRST NAME!
    THANK GOD THAT THE PHONE BOOK (A THING OF THE PAST) DIDN'T LIST BY FIRST NAME!
    YAHOO, WHAT IS YOUR LOGIC IN LISTING BY FIRST NAME???

1641st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Deleted contact come back to contact list. Security risk !!!!

I followed Yahoo's suggestions:
    1. From Yahoo Mail, click the Contacts icon
    2. Click on the contact’s name.
    3. Click the More options icon then Delete contact.
    4. Click OK to confirm you want the contact deleted.

However this does not work. The deleted contacts are still coming back into the contact list. This is a safety issue because my email account gets hacked repetedly despite two step sign-in. I have deleted all content of all mail boxes so that the hackers can't find recipients. But if the contacts keep coming back into the contact list, the hackers have a…

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. organization of contacts in pull down

What in the world are those stupid little circle things that you now use to alphabetize the contacts. They are purely random and dumb, get rid of them and just use the contact name to organize.

1641st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why can’t I see ALL my contacts at once?

Would like to be able to list all my contacts by LAST NAME, and to see all of the contacts listed when I click on “Contacts,” and not just some. Why is that such a difficult thing?

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It took me 30 minutes to create a new mail group

Mail groups are really hard to create and manage

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. sort contacts

When composing an email and pressing the To: button, contacts sort by email order. Please sort by first name or provide the option to do so.

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Il tuo messaggio non è stato recapitato a Bar50R@yahoo.it perché l'indirizzo risulta inesistente o non può ricevere email. La risposta del

non riesco a risolvere un problema il mio account non riceve le mail in entrata e non riesco a risolvere il problema vorrei sapere se e possibile come fare grazie

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A LAST NAME FIELD!!!! WOW!!!! (sarc)

UNBELIEVABLE!!
    You guys added in a last name field into the contacts. Are you serious?!?!?!? WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
    It only took the techs 8 months to fix what they did incorrectly.

Ok.............
    Next: I need to alphabetize my lists. They're a jumbled mess. This is basic. Really basic.

Next: Please allow us to sort our contacts by last name! This is also basic. Very basic.
    Next: When I search for something in my contacts, I need more than 6 options. This may not be needed for people under 15 years old. But it is basic for the rest of us.
    Next:…

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New mail looks nice

The new mail looks nice, however the contacts are hard to find and edit. Apart from that, the interface is clean and simple. I rate this 4 stars.

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I completely agree with undermentioned comment : it is really impossible to adapt, complete, modify your contacts.

I completely agree with undermentioned comments : it is really impossible to adapt, complete, modify your contacts.
    The same problem arises with the calendar. Very difficult to have a complete overview of your activities by month. Before it was very easy.

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow me to delete previous versions of email addresses used previously but that are not valid.

When searching contacts in creating a new email. I get all variations ever used even the typos but I don't have a way to eliminate the bad versions. Give me a way to eliminate the junk versions of email addresses so I won't select the wrong one again.

2254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base