New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Help! Contacts unaddressable!!

Contacts fails to open, cannot be edited properly - awful!!

2468th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search contacts by email addess

How do you search contacts by email address?

2468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 492nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. # Unknown name

There are 21 entries of "# Unknown name" in my contact list. All of these entries are otherwise blank. Why does this happen? Please fix.

4339th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You added problems with new contacts on the right side. Maybe it's time to reinvent your mission, vision and concept?

Dear Yahoo! Mail,

I am your user since 2003. I had a chance to switch to Gmail, but their contacts and other features made me unsatisfied.
    However, it seems that you do not understand what EMAIL business is. First, it looks like you do changes without any concept. Like you just do what users say (by the voting system which is also strange). Second, it looks like you do not want to earn money from the mail service.
    Let me explain, and I feel your data, which I hope you analyze, confirms my thoughts.
    Only in USA, there are 8…

555th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Contact list

Please go back to the old contact list where it was alphabetical for last name 1st and I cannpot change a person from a members list to ordinary list Nor can I add new members to my members list The old system was great because when a person no longer wanted to be a member I could revert them to just contacts Now I have no way to move them only contacts When I do a mail out for members only I have to go to a printed sheet and do each one individually. I will eventually move to another…

1763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How to delete all contact at once OR how to select all contact at once

Yahoo has to give Idea that How to delete all contact at once by selecting tools in Yahoo mail.

1763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DELETING MORE CONTACTS

You have no function to delete more than one contact at a time. Please add this feature.

1763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ditch the new email, go back to the old email. This is preposturous

I have no contact in your "new" totally obnoxious email. You have thousands protesting your dumb Basic Mail concept. All are going to other email providers. I am moving my important mail and folders to gmail. Gmail and other providers do not act as tyrants forcing their clients to either pay to block truly obnoxious ads (that get in the way of even reading one's emails) or to use what you euphamistically call Basic Mail. This is nothing like email used to be. I don't have access to my emails of a couple of days ago, nor to the emails…

2468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I only see half of my contacts. Where are my full list? I try to add one back and it does not show.

Fix my contact list back to full page. And find the ones that are not showing!

2468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Contact list still messed up.

1) Cannot edit contacts. List does not allow for labeling which phone number or email is whose. For example, I'd like to label Joe's cell, Sara's work email vs Sara's home personal email, etc. A list of phone numbers does no good if i don't know whose is whose and if I can't add extension numbers to the listing.

2) List is still not in any kind of alphabetical order. Even by first name, as you insist on doing, their are names out of order. And, like the rest of the world, I still want my contacts alphabetically by LAST…

2468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spam addresses auto added to contacts

How dare you save Instahard to my contacts? This is a spam address. This is extremely disturbing and I cannot fathom how Yahoo finds it appropriate to save random addresses to my contacts. Moreover, I can only see these contacts which I did not deliberately save on my phone and cannot see them in my contacts when I'm on my computer, which is suspicious and creepy. Finally, I have to delete contacts one by one. I had to go through and tediously delete dozens of inappropriate spam addresses that had been auto saved into my contacts. I always move these…

1763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. number of contacts in a list

How do I determine the number of contacts in a list? The old system provided the number of contacts in a list.

618th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please stop reviewing or whatever and just restore the old contacts. FAST!!!!

Like, as of yesterday. This is ridiculous. You're going backwards.

2468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. the Address book "search" mechanism is very disappointing. It is disfunctional. it simply does not find contact correctly

In my contact list, sometimes I use the city location as middle name or nick-name.. The Contact (real-time search simply does not catch it.
    Example in my own contacts. I have a listing called:
    first name: Reliable
    middle: Parts
    Last: Orlando.

in the search box I type: Orlando.. it does not find the listing..
    But if I type: Parts, it finds it.
    Quality of SW could be much better at Yahoo. Something is wrong.

2468th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Contacts list does not find contacts

Update an email address for existing Joe Bob.
    Add Joe Bob to a new email in TO field
    Yahoo does not find Joe Bob in my contacts list, even tho I just updated his email addr 10 seconds prior.

1763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CONTACTS REMAINS UNWORKABLE

Contacts hard to find, edit, alter:

IT MAKES NO SENSE TO HAVE CONTACTS LISTED BY FIRST NAME!
    THANK GOD THAT THE PHONE BOOK (A THING OF THE PAST) DIDN'T LIST BY FIRST NAME!
    YAHOO, WHAT IS YOUR LOGIC IN LISTING BY FIRST NAME???

1763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add contact nickname to import/export CSV format

I need to import over 100 contacts that include a nickname. The contact details have a place for the nickname but the import/export functions do not support that field. As a result, I still need to manually edit every imported contact.

1437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base