New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to know on what date and time i have read/ opened my email in my inbox?

How to know on what date and time i have read/ opened email in my inbox?

1811th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Security

Yahoo mail Security:

Why do you allow ransomware to be mailed in yahoo mail?

1811th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We should be able to delete PART of an email thread. Right now, it's either delete the ENTIRE thread or keep all of it!

I like the previous method where you can DELETE certain emails in the same thread and KEEP others without having to delete the ENTIRE thread.

634th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow subject changes when forwarding conversations!

You have taken away my ability to change the subject when forwarding or replying to an email. I often have to forward one email to several individuals that would require a different subject for each, and can no longer do that. I also often reply to one email several times with different photos, different information, and can no longer edit the subject to reflect what updates I am including. It is extremely frustrating when you "improve" something by taking away basic, necessary functionality.

1140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. attaching files from the document to any mail

Hi Team,

Please give the options to attach the files from the document folder when we are replying to any conversation. What is the idea of having documents on web if the mailbox does not allow them to be attached to the on going conversation.

1811th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve the header details of the old mail while replying

When we forward an email, we see the full header details (like From, To, Date time and subject) of the old mail. However, when we reply, only a single is shown like, "On Friday, April 12, 2019, 2:59:09 AM GMT+5:30, Yahoo Customer Care <customercare@cc.yahoo-inc.com> wrote:".
    I have raised a complaint also in this regard: (Case: 29637888) [ref:1N00000rIspJQAS:ref].

Please check out the possibility of including this in the next version of the product. In fact, this was present in the previous version and seem to have been removed now.

1811th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. What and Huh, Yahoo?! Functionality and ease worse than ever

Why Yahoo? Every time you upgrade, functionality, ease of use and efficiency gets worse!! There is now a big space defaulted into the email body so when you copy already formatted content, like from Microsoft word, there is a huge space between paragraphs. This also happens when just typing directly into email. In this age of mobile phone and small screens, why are you making us have to scroll down twice as long now to see the message!! Stop formatting style into your email and let us choose spacing, etc …. And, why would you move the functions (Archive, Move,…

1811th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please simplify the senders list

1. Who needs logos there ?
    2. If I need to forward a message to a list, when you delete a name in the list, it was much easier to be moved automatically to the next name in the list.

1811th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Mark as unread" Undone

"Mark as unread" Undone when auto moving through emails. I don't like this, some emails I want kept as Unread, and if I accidently scroll through the list they get Marked As Read again. This was a departure from the old style, please bring it back and go ahead an fire the imbecile that changed it.

883rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to distinguish off-topic emails from a Conversation

"Group by Conversation" is excellent for reading, but doesn't allow for separating off-topic replies. Please provide a "Remove from Conversation" option in each email's "More" menu.

A less-desirable workaround: move the "Group by Conversation" switch to the quick Settings drop-down, where the "Message Tabs" toggle is now (does anyone need to toggle that on and off all the time?).

618th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Attachment

While sending mail we attach document. If we have to open & check it before sending it we are unable to do it. Previously it was allowed.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  54 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. delete emails

Should be able to delete all archived and emails at one time instead of only a certain number.

1363rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Someone sent Me an email but I never got it. I need to send and receive emails as advertised. Is issue with redesign? PLEASE FIX if so! Thx

I don't think I have been receiving My messages or possibly having Ones I send go out. Not sure. But Someone just said They sent Me an email an IMPORTANT CAREER EMAIL which I never even received. They may have even written more than one. Other People have had difficulty writing Me//reaching Me in the past too. Please if this is an issue with the new redesign fix this. It's a very very serious issue for Us. With all due respect. Thank You in advance and Best Wishes. PS If You can contact Me in My Email {if it would…

235th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’re not getting emails from a specific sender, it may be because they are sending to the wrong address or they are getting an error message when sending to you. If this is the case, you will need to have them reach out to our Postmaster department to try and get it fixed. You can also double-check your Mail settings and Spam folder to make sure everything looks good there.

If you feel your emails are getting delayed, check the headers to see where the delay is. You may need to use a header analyzer online if you’re unfamiliar with reading headers.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN22026.html

Thank you!
    Mail Support

15. reminder email

Yahoo Mail for iOS lets you set a reminder to review an old email. It would be great if that functionality was in the web version. From older comments in this forum, it looks like it was?

1811th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop linking email strings together.

It is incredibly irritating to try to respond, delete, find or do anything with a single email when the string is presented together as a single item. No other email service does this...for a good reason.

1140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move buttons back to top

Move the Reply and Forward buttons (and other options) back to the top. It is beyond silly to force me to scroll to the bottom of a thread just to click Reply.This is just the dumbest of a myriad of bad decisions made in designing this new layout. The whole thing was better two revisions ago.

1811th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. i want to be able to add notification of flagged email to my phone text messages

would be really cool to send important incoming email to my phones text notifications

1140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please revert to most recent communications at the top of the thread rather than the bottom.

It is very frustrating to have to go through an entire conversation, beginning to end, rather than have the most recent notes at the top, when communicating. PLEASE revert to the previous thread format.

1363rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mark original text in email reply

When replying to an email, there used to be an option to insert a '>' in front of every line of the original text. In a chat, the Yahoo support agent said this is not possible. Please add this capability.

986th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base