New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. email does not seem to include multimedia creation

I would like to include multimedia and photo editing not just including gifs and animations in emails.

these are a very helpful design tool when they are available, I like coding [4GL] let's put it this way.

1802nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. refresh key

Bring back the refresh-inbox button, please.

359th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Mail = UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF SPAM IN MY INBOX.

New Mail = UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF SPAM IN MY INBOX.

1802nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop grouping "sent messages" together

Suddenly my "sent messages" are all blocked together. Not user friendly.

1352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 240th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Kindly introduce snooz option in Yahoo mail so that we can retrieve the mail when date and time selected

Kindly introduce snooz option in Yahoo mail so that we can retrieve the mail when date and time was selected

1352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't auto expand contact information when hovering over a contact in To/CC

When replying, the "To" field populates exactly over where the previous "reply" button was. Hovering over the contact in the "To" field causes it to expand automatically with contact information. This expansion covers the message text field. This is an inconvenience as it requires moving the mouse after clicking "reply" instead of instantly being able to type into the message field. Well, you can type, you just can't see it. Perhaps move the buttons/fields so that there isn't an automatic expansion when the new message window opens, or require a right click to expand contact information.

1802nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. day headers show only resource ID in grid view

Bug report:
    Using Chrome and FireFox browsers, all is good.
    Using Msft Edge, in the grid view of the message threads, the group headers for the day's names and "today", "yesterday", "last week" all show up as 4-digit resource ID numbers instead of the text.

1802nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow splitting one message out from a Conversation

This is valuable because huge numbers of people send replies that are off the original topic without changing the Subject field.

1132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make conversation view an option rather than default

The thread feature is very confusing. I often need to respond to specific emails without replying to an entire thread. Email feature should include option to read and reply to emails individually with thread/conversation view as an option rather than default.

727th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. TABS LIKE SOCIAL, PROMOTIONAL IS BADLY NEEDED

SEPARATE TABS LIKE SOCIAL PROMOTIONAL IS BADLY NEEDED. WE END UP IS MISSING OUT IMPORTANT MAILS.

1132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Turning OFF READER VIEW for emails

When reading my emails, the view automatically changes to "READER VIEW". This is a big time waster as I have to change back to the normal view in order to reply or click on any links in the email.

How do I turn off this feature: Automatically switching to Reader View when reading emails?

881st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mail

When I get an email, any email, I sometimes reply or forward it right away; I sometimes put off replying or forwarding. When I go back later to review my emails I want a marker on my emails telling me if I have replied, or if I have forwarded this email or that email. It seems to me that an earlier version of Yahoo Mail put a marker, such as a forward arrow or a reply arrow, on the line of each email, telling me if I have done anything with that particular email. With current Yahoo Mail, my forwards…

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your idea. Please note that you can see whether you have forwarded or replied to a mail via the indicator to the left of the address. If a mail is unread, this indicator will be a blue dot; if a mail has been read, the blue dot will disappear; if a mail has been forwarded, you’ll see an arrow pointing right; if an email has been replied to, this will be indicated by an arrow pointing left.

Note, we have edited this post to remove your email address. Please be careful not to share any personal information (such as email your email address) in a public forum.

Thanks!
    Mail Support

14. Problem with right-to-left languages

Persian (Farsi) is a right-to-left language and must be right-justified. But all conversations are left-justified by defaults. This problem was solved in gmail a long time ago.

284th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. subject search doesn't fully work, misses most messages

I've noticed this getting worse. When I enter a search term like "subject:***" that the messages retrieved never fully match what I see in the inbox. Really odd for a company that started out as a search engine. I can't imagine how hard it is to do a string match on a subject line, but apparently Yahoo Mail has a lot of trouble with it.

1132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. there should be an automatic filter like gmail is providing viz. primary, social, and promotional etc.

there should be an automatic filter like gmail is providing viz. primary, social, and promotional etc. so one can easily sort the mails received.

1352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change how you select individual e-mails to delete/move etc.

Instead of a tiny checkbox that you have to precisely click on, how about an easy drag option? Or make the checkbox way bigger. Or have it so that you can click on the blank part of the thread to select it, instead of having it GO TO the thread. Tired of selecting 50+ things, then accidentally clicking on a thread and having it undone.

1802nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I wish for an option to view (or compose) a message in full screen

I wish for an option to view (or compose) a message in full screen

1132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It seems silly to me to go back to an original message to reply. Why would I reply to myself? This has been the most maddening thing.

Make it easier to reply to someone rather than having to go back to an original message between two recipients. It makes no sense that I would reply to myself. Please fix this. It truly is ridiculous!

1132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base