New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop your attack on FREE SPEECH! Bring back the comment section you Nazi's!

Yahoo leftist organization needs to bring back article commenting and stop silencing FREE SPEECH! You will not win this election so get over your selves!

1091st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do NOT force me to use Edge. I hate Edge with a passion. I want to continue using Internet Explorer as my browse.

Do NOT force me to use Edge to see my Yahoo Mail. I hate Edge with a passion. I want to continue using Internet Explorer as my browse to read my Yahoo Mail. This is still a free country. North Korea has not won the war to take us over yet. The day they do take over is the day i go to another planet in another solar system; YES, there is life elsewhere in the Universe and they are not as stupid as we are.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restore old emails

I opened my email account today after a long time, but found inbox and all other folders empty. Also my earlier phone number registered under this account does not exist now. Therefore, I have entered my present mobile number in this account record. If you want any verification, you can ask me.
    Please restore my all emails in all folders.
    Thanks.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Be more neutral ,,,,stop the liberal *****

Dislike the liberal attitude of your news. I am planning on switching to a G Mail account.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ads in Yahoo Mail Pro, that's fraud

Response from Yahoo on ads in Yahoo Mail Pro:

Hello Dave,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Billing.

I understand that you are seeing ads at the top of email previews. Certainly, I am happy to help you with that.

Yahoo Mail Pro only removes Yahoo sponsored ads from around the mailbox. It does not remove ads sent in emails from a vendor that you are seeing at the top of the email.

If you wonder why it is showing, unfortunately, editing incoming emails is something we would never do. I am sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

Feel free to…

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. put my replies at the top of my reply/forward e-mails--not at the bottom. Every other e-Mail system makes this user selectable

Choosing the sort order of a conversation/thread is user select-able in other e-mail systems--why not yahoo? .

Why should I -- or anyone -- scroll to the bottom of an e-mail thread in order to reply to it?

This is a regression error. I used to get my e-mail thread in reverse chronological order--bring it back, or at least give me a choice.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you provide the functionality of forwarding emails to another account being recieved from a particular address or staisfying a particula

Can you provide the functionality of forwarding emails being received from a particular email address or satisfying a particular filtering criteria...

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow subject changes when forwarding conversations!

You have taken away my ability to change the subject when forwarding or replying to an email. I often have to forward one email to several individuals that would require a different subject for each, and can no longer do that. I also often reply to one email several times with different photos, different information, and can no longer edit the subject to reflect what updates I am including. It is extremely frustrating when you "improve" something by taking away basic, necessary functionality.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please revert to most recent communications at the top of the thread rather than the bottom.

It is very frustrating to have to go through an entire conversation, beginning to end, rather than have the most recent notes at the top, when communicating. PLEASE revert to the previous thread format.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When replying to a conversation that I have already replied to, it should reply to the other party, not send the email to myself.

If there is a conversation between me and another contact, if I receive an email from the contact and then hit reply, it sends the email to them. If I hit reply again in the same conversation so send another email before they answer, it now sends the message to myself, not the other person. That is utterly pointless. Make it so that it always replies to the other person or people, like in Gmail.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Mark as unread" Undone

"Mark as unread" Undone when auto moving through emails. I don't like this, some emails I want kept as Unread, and if I accidently scroll through the list they get Marked As Read again. This was a departure from the old style, please bring it back and go ahead an fire the imbecile that changed it.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mark original text in email reply

When replying to an email, there used to be an option to insert a '>' in front of every line of the original text. In a chat, the Yahoo support agent said this is not possible. Please add this capability.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mail

When I get an email, any email, I sometimes reply or forward it right away; I sometimes put off replying or forwarding. When I go back later to review my emails I want a marker on my emails telling me if I have replied, or if I have forwarded this email or that email. It seems to me that an earlier version of Yahoo Mail put a marker, such as a forward arrow or a reply arrow, on the line of each email, telling me if I have done anything with that particular email. With current Yahoo Mail, my forwards…

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea. Please note that you can see whether you have forwarded or replied to a mail via the indicator to the left of the address. If a mail is unread, this indicator will be a blue dot; if a mail has been read, the blue dot will disappear; if a mail has been forwarded, you’ll see an arrow pointing right; if an email has been replied to, this will be indicated by an arrow pointing left.

Note, we have edited this post to remove your email address. Please be careful not to share any personal information (such as email your email address) in a public forum.

Thanks!
    Mail Support

14. It seems silly to me to go back to an original message to reply. Why would I reply to myself? This has been the most maddening thing.

Make it easier to reply to someone rather than having to go back to an original message between two recipients. It makes no sense that I would reply to myself. Please fix this. It truly is ridiculous!

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. where are my old mails and data. Why are my folders empty now? Where did all the old emails go?

where are my old mails and data. Why are my folders ? empty now? Where did all the old emails go? How can i retreive my old mails & data.

Poor management & transformation.....

1265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. YOU CAN IMPROVE IT BY REMOVING IT-KEEP THE OLD, OUT WITH THE NEW!

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL FORMAT! IT'S FINE THE WAY IT IS. I HATE THE NEW FORMAT.

1265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. forwarding email

It appears as if someone has asked for this before quite a while ago but can yahoo make it possible to forward multiple emails in one or the ability to copy and paste multiple emails in one to send?

1265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Thread conversation is confusing .

Please make a simple flow of conversation . The whole reply, forward, send is not as easy to figure out and does seem everywhere you get confused on what thread you are or should respond to . what is worse is once you go back you have to find that thread.

1265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. bring back the four lines of information when replying to an email such as to, from, date, subject

bring back the four lines of information when replying to an email such as to, from, date, subject

1265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop linking email strings together.

It is incredibly irritating to try to respond, delete, find or do anything with a single email when the string is presented together as a single item. No other email service does this...for a good reason.

1265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base