New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make conversation view an option rather than default

The thread feature is very confusing. I often need to respond to specific emails without replying to an entire thread. Email feature should include option to read and reply to emails individually with thread/conversation view as an option rather than default.

742nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off grouping by received date

Add an option to disable grouping by received date. I already have the "list" and "small" options selected to fit as many emails as I can onto the screen, but the date grouping ends up wasting as much as half the space on unwanted headers. The date is already shown in list view, I don't need groupings as well.

768th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why can't i delete one email in a conversation thread?

I am trying to delete one email within a conversation and it keeps deleting the entire thread. The old version of mail was way better, change it back!

768th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PLEASE, remove this highly annoying setting that puts together conversation.

It is making email management so much complicated for nothing. Let us see only the email we receive and go to sent box if we want to see what we sent. make it simple like any other email app.

768th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I cannot copy the email address anymore... Not good.

Doing business, I need to be able to copy a persons email address. There appears to be no way now with the new system. Not good, Yahoo. We need this in business. Why would this be taken out?

Bill
    LHC

799th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Date Separation *****

This is ridiculous. If I have only one email from each of yahoo's arbitrary time slots, my email page looks like a 6 year old missing teeth.

799th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What happened to the search email choices for "subject" and "sender"? Is less robust the new thing?

What happened to the search email choices for "subject" and "sender"? Is less robust the new thing?

900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. right side panel with emails sender's info is unnecessary and too big. STOP GIVING US WHAT YOU THINK WE NEED AND WANT.

right side panel with emails sender's info is unnecessary and too big. STOP GIVING US WHAT YOU THINK WE NEED AND WANT.

900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Go to Next message after Delete option

Go to Next message after Delete option in Settings

978th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't display the huge widget on the right when opening an email after searching sender

When I open an email after a search, it opens a large widget on the right with info on that sender. It wastes a huge amount of space. I can collapse it, but I have to do that every time. I don't see a way to prevent this in Settings.

978th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. automatic contacts in the "to" field

When I type in an email address, I get an automatic listing of other addresses in my contact list. The old Yahoo mail was better - the automatic list was of people I regularly contacted together. Now, with the new Yahoo, the automatic listing starts with the people I most frequently contact -- but that is NOT helpful. I have various groups that I contact, and my most frequent contacts are not in all those groups.

978th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need search for SPAM

Please provide a facility to search SPAM. If need be switch searching TRASH to SPAM.
    Thank you

978th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Turning OFF READER VIEW for emails

When reading my emails, the view automatically changes to "READER VIEW". This is a big time waster as I have to change back to the normal view in order to reply or click on any links in the email.

How do I turn off this feature: Automatically switching to Reader View when reading emails?

978th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ads in Yahoo Mail Pro, that's fraud

Response from Yahoo on ads in Yahoo Mail Pro:

Hello Dave,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Billing.

I understand that you are seeing ads at the top of email previews. Certainly, I am happy to help you with that.

Yahoo Mail Pro only removes Yahoo sponsored ads from around the mailbox. It does not remove ads sent in emails from a vendor that you are seeing at the top of the email.

If you wonder why it is showing, unfortunately, editing incoming emails is something we would never do. I am sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

Feel free to…

1083rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. put my replies at the top of my reply/forward e-mails--not at the bottom. Every other e-Mail system makes this user selectable

Choosing the sort order of a conversation/thread is user select-able in other e-mail systems--why not yahoo? .

Why should I -- or anyone -- scroll to the bottom of an e-mail thread in order to reply to it?

This is a regression error. I used to get my e-mail thread in reverse chronological order--bring it back, or at least give me a choice.

1083rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can you provide the functionality of forwarding emails to another account being recieved from a particular address or staisfying a particula

Can you provide the functionality of forwarding emails being received from a particular email address or satisfying a particular filtering criteria...

1083rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow subject changes when forwarding conversations!

You have taken away my ability to change the subject when forwarding or replying to an email. I often have to forward one email to several individuals that would require a different subject for each, and can no longer do that. I also often reply to one email several times with different photos, different information, and can no longer edit the subject to reflect what updates I am including. It is extremely frustrating when you "improve" something by taking away basic, necessary functionality.

1083rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please revert to most recent communications at the top of the thread rather than the bottom.

It is very frustrating to have to go through an entire conversation, beginning to end, rather than have the most recent notes at the top, when communicating. PLEASE revert to the previous thread format.

1083rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When replying to a conversation that I have already replied to, it should reply to the other party, not send the email to myself.

If there is a conversation between me and another contact, if I receive an email from the contact and then hit reply, it sends the email to them. If I hit reply again in the same conversation so send another email before they answer, it now sends the message to myself, not the other person. That is utterly pointless. Make it so that it always replies to the other person or people, like in Gmail.

1083rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Mark as unread" Undone

"Mark as unread" Undone when auto moving through emails. I don't like this, some emails I want kept as Unread, and if I accidently scroll through the list they get Marked As Read again. This was a departure from the old style, please bring it back and go ahead an fire the imbecile that changed it.

1083rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base