New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple email addresses to the same filter

For each filter that you make, there should be a way to enter multiple emails into the "From" and "contains" to the same filter. With a comma or semicolon, perhaps, like when you place them into email messages? I spoke to a chat guy and he said that it cannot be done. This is very tedious to have to create 16 different email addresses to go to the same filter. Please advise if there is a way to do this. Thank you!

1115th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Product Admin Support responded to a post that indeed add new folder was in the dropdown, Want to tell you it isn't and I need to make new

Admin responded to a request that add new folder was in the drop down, and I want to tell you it isn't, Please add NEW FOLDER choice. Thank you

2233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Views Folder

Hello,

one improvement that would be useful is the ability to delete all documents from the 'Views' folder. While it is a useful feature, I am a little apprehensive about the security aspect of not being able to permanently delete documents from this folder. If you can implement that security option, it would be an improvement. Thank you.

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to filter my emails to the appropriate folders. That is why I use Yahoo mail!!!

Please set up mail filtering in this format. I have ADD and need to have things sorted for me to be able to find what I need.

2233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. move

too many feedback messages to go through to see if any is the same as mine, so: in the 'classic' version, if you typed (a part of the) folder's name in 'find a folder', it would show the (sub) folders which contained the letters/word you typed, as it does now, but it would also show the name of the main folder, to enable you to choose the right folder if you named a sub folder identically

2233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show exact number of emails in Inbox

I hate that no even the Inbox folder is showing 999+ instead of the exact number if you have more than 1000 emails. Please reinstate the exact count!

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please highlight the folders with unread emails

Only a number next to the folder showing there are unread emails. However the folder itself is not highlighted. Would be good to highlight/bold the folders to make them standout.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. disappear

I usually look in my Unread folder to see all my new email in one place. I view and then delete or move each email. When I get to view the last email in the Unread folder, the content of the email flashes on the screen then disappears and my Unread folder is empty. I can find it in the folder where it originated, but sometimes it is difficult to locate. This only happens on my PC (Windows 7), not on my Samsung Galaxy S8+

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. create folder when in email

when reading an email & wanting to file in a folder, if the folder has not been created you must go out & create the folder then go back to the email to move it to the newly created folder. You should be able to create a new folder from the email view or when in the email.

207th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. folder management

Need better folder management tools including the ability to 'move' a folder with all its contents and subfolders (preferably with drag and drop), and rename a folder that contains subfolders, and archive entire folders with structure intact.

449th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How do I move the VIEWS below FOLDERS?

As above. VIEWS are just in the way. How do I move them out of the way?

227th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need to Sort in descending order

Years ago before you removed the sort arrows (which I still miss, I hate having to drag the scrollbar), we could sort any folder in both ascending (the default) and descending order at the click of a buttom. Why you ever removed such a useful feature I don't know but please bring it back. What makes you think that whatever we are looking for is always going to be in the top half of a long list of messages? Having to drag and drag the scrollbar to find the bottom is ridiculous. Bring back the ability to sort in descending…

831st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create icon in every folder and have the ability to change color

It would be nice if every folder and subfolder had an icon and we have the ability to change its color.

1319th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Moving of folders

Could you add an option which allows to move a folder into another folder (as a subfolder)?

348th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The folder filing system is not very good. You can create folders, then sub-folders, but can not use the same name in a subfolder. For exa

The folder filing system is not effective. You can create folders, then subfolders and then subfolders. However the second subfolder can not have the same name. For example Home/lawn/2018 can be created but when trying to create Home/house/2018 you can't create the second 2018. Makes it impossible to file messages from the same year into different categories. I believe this option used to be available but has been removed in recent weeks.

1115th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. automatic folders

Automatic folders please. When I have more than three unread messages from the same sender, I would like a folder to automatically be created and all messages from that sender will be put in there from that moment forward.

I receive many emails from various businesses where they have sales on products. Right now I have over 1,000 unread mails, the majority being these sale emails. I don't keep up with them as I am not always in need of something from a particular store.

And I NEED a place for them to go and be stored, where I can…

269th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Subfolders

Please, please find a way to have subfolders visually distinct from folders. Maybe it's difficult with the drop-down now for subfolder; maybe have the subfolder name be in italics or something. It's distracting and time-consuming to segregate.

899th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sorting mails by size

Bring "sort mail by size" option back. It's perhaps the Yahoo feature I miss the most.

988th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. cut out "Views"

cut out "Views"

328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base