New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Protect emails from deletion

I have lots of important messages, receipts etc that I have nearly deleted at times by mistake. I think it would be great if particular folders and their contents could be 'locked' for protection against this, so that if you try to delete the messages inside them a warning pops up.

2241st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Views folder in mail optional!

I have noted Yahoo has decided not to allow users to permanently remove Views. This is intrusive, especially as it keeps popping up with so-called news that I overpaid for something. This means Yahoo is monitoring all my online shopping! It is unacceptable. Yahoo, as a long time user, I implore you to rethink this. I am also talking to Verizon, your new owners.

542nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to be able to search by Sender (i.e. Mailbox, Trash folder, etc)

Bring back the option to search by Sender -- older versions had this option. Grr! Very aggravating Yahoo Mail!

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folder Icons

Allow icons for folders. Being able to identify a folder at a glance without the need to read the name would allow for easier use.

2241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. menu bar

Cannot display full folder's name after created and so do the main folder name.

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Wish the Filters get updated after renaming of Folders

1. Create a Folder

2. Create a Filter on it.

3. Rename the folder created in step 1.

4. Created filter will stop working.

Wish you fix this!

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please get rid of the videos when I have an empty folder

I don't like the videos when folders are empty. Visual clutter, and I'm just not interested in them. Please include an option to get rid of them. Thanks.

1123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it so when you Move an Item from the Inbox, you can type the first letter of its destination folder without clicking to set cursor

I find it frustrating to move items from my inbox into folders. When I click on "Move," I see my long list of folders, so i would like to immediately type the first letter of my destination folder to avoid scrolling. That said when I type a letter, Yahoo!mail begins composing a new email.

Currently, when I want to move an email, I have to click to establish my cursor in the dropdown before I am able to type a letter to find the destination folder I am looking for.

I wish you could eliminate that need to click within…

742nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. number of new mails in Spam box

i want to see the number of new mails in Spam box , as it was before and as it is for Inbox.
    now the number is visible only when i point over the folder

990th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Retrospectively filter e-mail

the option to filter past emails is not available since the feature only applies on incoming emails.

This is available in Microsoft Outlook and simplifies our lives.

2241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why I can't move folders?

Don't you need to move folders and sub-folders?

For an unexplainable reason, Yahoo Mail doesn't let us do so.

Any plans to fix it?

782nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Upgrade spam filters (Allow custom filters to send to spam folder)

More spam is getting through than usual. Spammers have upgraded, now it's the filters' turn. And in the mean time, while were waiting for Yahoo to upgrade their own filters, I don't want to have to create a second spam folder when I specify a custom filter (the only folder I can't send custom filtered mail to is spam; not convenient when spam filters are slacking off).

742nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. VIEWS opens up every time I open mail & I have to close it before I can get to my folders. There's no option to move it or close it for good

VIEWS opens up in the sidebar every time I open mail & I have to close it before I can get to my folders. It used tp be at the bottom of the sidebar in the old format. There's no option to permanently hide it or move it to the bottom of the sidebar.
    You didn't really think of the users when you developed the new format.

595th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. receipts view doesn't work

The views "receipts" doesn't actually work. It's 80% promotional content vs. actual receipts.

2241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Folder View

I can't see the entire folder name. Make the Folder view area width adjustable by the user.

94th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No indicator of files in folders.

It sure would be helpful if the new mail showed that there are emails in them. The inbox shows bold and a number. None of the other folders show any difference. I have to scroll over to find out if there is anything in them.
    This is not an improvement. I was told this was an upgrade. You lied.

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back the folder column in searches

I can't see where an email is when I search for it. Please bring that back so I can move several emails from folder to folder.

635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Moving Folders

Please make it possible to drag and drop folders into other existing folders and to also rename folders that have subfolders. This will save me so much time and effort!!

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Renaming folders

I am unable to rename a folder once it contains subfolders which is very frustrating :( Now I have to take extra time to empty out the subfolders in order to rename it. I would also like to be able to move folders around and drag and drop them into pre-existing folders which also saves time.

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base